No NEW EDITION MOVIE thread?

Back to this Bobby brown and prince thing

Prince was selling records before new edition came out all the way to after Bobby fell off. There's no comparison Bobby is not on that level.

Beyoncé had a platinum album 20 years ago, you don't sell out arensas 20 years later for no reason. That group comparison is not the same as what Beyoncé is doing.
Also it's not just about performing, while Beyoncé was obviously the better performer she also had elite vocals.

Elite vocals? I don't agree. But that's just me.

I'll take Whitney every day of the week and twice on Sunday's.

regardless of Beyonce's great talent and longetivity which is undeniable, i don't think her actual music stands up to Whitney's, i'm not talking about in terms of popularity and sales and stans, strictly from an artistic stand point

Prince was selling records before new edition came out all the way to after Bobby fell off. There's no comparison Bobby is not on that level.

Never said Bobby had longevity. I've said this already.

Prince's diamonds and pearls album wasn't as successful or as highly rated than Don't be cruel. Again, not saying Bobby is better. Dude was legit. Just don't try tell me he wasn't ******* with Prince and Michael during his time.

Last edited:
regardless of Beyonce's great talent and longetivity which is undeniable, i don't think her actual music stands up to Whitney's, i'm not talking about in terms of popularity and sales and stans, strictly from an artistic stand point

That's fine I'm a neo soul person myself and I prefer the eryka badus and Jill Scott's music over Beyoncés. But I won't deny any aspect of her talent which always seems to happen when her name is brought up. Not here but just in general.

Not even close imo

[emoji]129300[/emoji]

Maybe it's different where you're from but people aren't really crazy for him.

What are you basing this on? :lol: Where you stay?

Only person ahead of Prince during the 80's was Mike. Dude is looked at as a god by all genres. People were definitely "crazy" for him.

Last edited:

Never said Bobby had longevity. I've said this already.

Prince's diamonds and pearls album wasn't as successful or as highly rated than Don't be cruel. Again, not saying Bobby is better. Dude was legit. Just don't try tell me he wasn't ******* with Prince and Michael during his time.

He wasn't. :lol:

You comparing Bobby's peak to Prince's down time (and he still had a big hit at that time). Bobby's prime to Prince's prime ain't in the same league.

Bobby had a short window then was all the madness between him and Whitney.

He wasn't. :lol:

You comparing Bobby's peak to Prince's down time (and he still had a big hit at that time). Bobby's prime to Prince's prime ain't in the same league.

Bobby had a short window then was all the madness between him and Whitney.

Now you're getting into specifics lol. Does that really matter tho? We do that all the time with athletes lol so why is it different with music? We aren't comparing prime to prime. I never said prime Bobby was better. I'm talking Bobby.

"Don't be cruel" was better than "Diamonds and Pearl's", which wasn't a #1 album, and was neck and neck with MJ's "Bad". If you're saying those were the biggest dudes out, that's saying something.

:rofl: @ this discussion.

On another note brought up, Beyonce's music isn't all that good and it's barely memorable for its quality or being long-lasting.

Shorty got hits but no classics.

Last edited:
Saying bobby brown is on the same level as prince and michael jackson is like saying steve francis is on the same level as kobe bryant and michael jordan.

ALso ARTISTICALLY i think beyonces SONGS are better but i think theres no doubt VOCALLY and TECHNICALLY whitney houston was a better singer

Please come at me i implore you

Man putting Whitney's voice aside her artistry still better.

Whoever produced the music, whoever wrote the songs, whoever helped her craft her albums. All that better than what I've heard from B.

When she's touted as the best female R&B artist it just reassures me of R&B's silent death.

Last edited:
Whitney made much better music than Beyoncé. It's not even close and it's a dumb comparison. Plus Whitney's voice is way better. SMH

The music was better but was it more creative?

What whitney houston song is "artistic" or creative?

For ex...beyonce "if i were a boy"

Last edited:
Different era and different writers. Not like either of them writes their music so I don't see the point.

Last edited:
After reading the last 2 pages i just wanna know where are these black folks that don't mess with prince tho???

Prince got 1 of the strongest fan bases of all time, that man was and still is loved like a god.

Man putting Whitney's voice aside her artistry still better.

man what? What determines that? Beyoncé isn't gonna song the national anthem like Whitney or even blow like her, the same way Whitney would never put on a show like Beyoncé dancing across the stage for 2 hours straight.

:rofl: @ this discussion.
On another note brought up, Beyonce's music isn't all that good and it's barely memorable for its quality or being long-lasting.
Shorty got hits but no classics.

How do you know this? Beyoncé is still in the now, how you feel about Whitney 18-30 year olds may feel that about Beyoncé

There should be no reason anyone should be defending Beyoncé. Whitney is the GOAT. Beyoncé been extra regular ever since she got outshined in her own damn movie, Dreamgirls.

ALso ARTISTICALLY i think beyonces SONGS are better but i think theres no doubt VOCALLY and TECHNICALLY whitney houston was a better singer.

Please come at me i implore you

This is true but in a nostalgia driven thread you won't here Beyoncés anything being better than our past legends.

There should be no reason anyone should be defending Beyoncé. Whitney is the GOAT. Beyoncé been extra regular ever since she got outshined in her own damn movie, Dreamgirls.

So Beyoncé is extra regular but slim from 112 can sing his *** off?

Just want to make one thing VERY CLEAR. I've been to a Beyoncé show and she definitely doesn't dance across stage for two hours straight. She does more clothing changes than songs and it's absurd.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom