No NEW EDITION MOVIE thread?

Somebody needs to make gifs of Bobby in that video. He was WILDIN....

However.......the song is SMOOTH. And Bobbys raspy lisp was on full display.

Bobby in Throwbacks :pimp:

View media item 2320849

LMAO that Bobby Dance though...dude was way too hyped in that video :rofl: :rofl:

This song was one of the greatest to come out of the 2000s era, no surprise that Devante Swing produced it

Kudos to the user who put these vids together. I recorded the NE movie series and went back and was watching the actual videos on my phone while the recreated videos on the movies were playing to see how closely they resembled each other. Probably only missing the "Poison" video and "Sensitivity" video which they'll probably whip up eventually.

Anyway, these vids are dope!

Edit: Just seen they had the Video Soul videos uploaded too.

Also stumbled across this... any info on if this dropped or not? I'd check it out for critiquing purposes if nothing else.

Last edited:
That movie look aight, they had some money and took their time with that. Kind of confused how I never heard about it.

I know most of yall want to keep this in the 90s... I know this, but i have to put some 2000s r&b in the mix.

I thought this dude would have a bigger career after his first project

This was the "baby I'm sorry" joint when I was in high school.

street love was 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Kudos to the user who put these vids together. I recorded the NE movie series and went back and was watching the actual videos on my phone while the recreated videos on the movies were playing to see how closely they resembled each other. Probably only missing the "Poison" video and "Sensitivity" video which they'll probably whip up eventually.

Also stumbled across this... any info on if this dropped or not? I'd check it out for critiquing purposes if nothing else.
BET could have half *** this movie and did random dancing and put on random outfits.  The fact that they put all the attention to details just made this movie so much more enjoyable.

Watching this Unsung with Case right now. He looks bad, sad to see. Nokio looking crazy as hell on there. Case had great albums 1-3 and 5 were all tough. I gotta catch the H Town episode now.

I wasn't a fan of Joe's last album. I usually like his albums but that one didn't hit me.

The H-Town episode just came on Wednesday

Whatever happened to these dudes?

This was my ish :smokin

Edit: Just seen they had the Video Soul videos uploaded too.

I follow the woman who made these on IG. She was with the choreography team for the movie.

What's so dope about the movie is not only did they learn all the moves, but that's them singing in the movie. They went in and recorded every song they sung in the film.

I'd only seen this video maybe a handful of times back in the day but it took me seeing it again to realize how deep Michael Bivins' Biv 10 roster was. I remember seeing that scene in the movie where Mike was at his executive desk apparently speaking to a disgruntled artist or group and he was trying to explain the business to them. At first I was like it had to be either Boyz II Men or ABC he was talking to, but after watching this video again it could've been anyone of these acts.

Boy II Men were like the only ones who panned out. ABC and MC Brainz had a little shine but never really broke through. Is it safe to say Michael Bivins pioneered the modern urban music formula for labels like No Limit, Bad Boy and Deathrow?

Last edited:
I really wouldn't say he pioneered the formula.

R&B acts and rap were already big. Rap just wasn't getting respect. Artists were still getting signed.

Def Jam really established the modern formula for urban music lablels. Which started in the early 80s.

That Biv10 stuff was in the 90s. The whole NE group were influenced by Def Jam artists and the like.

Last edited:
I really wouldn't say he pioneered the formula.

R&B acts and rap were already big. Rap just wasn't getting respect. Artists were still getting signed.

Def Jam really established the modern formula for urban music lablels. Which started in the early 80s.

That Biv10 stuff was in the 90s. The whole NE group were influenced by Def Jam artists and the like.

Nice observation!

I'd only seen this video maybe a handful of times back in the day but it took me seeing it again to realize how deep Michael Bivins' Biv 10 roster was. I remember seeing that scene in the movie where Mike was at his executive desk apparently speaking to a disgruntled artist or group and he was trying to explain the business to them. At first I was like it had to be either Boyz II Men or ABC he was talking to, but after watching this video again it could've been anyone of these acts.

Boy II Men were like the only ones who panned out. ABC and MC Brainz had a little shine but never really broke through. Is it safe to say Michael Bivins pioneered the modern urban music formula for labels like No Limit, Bad Boy and Deathrow?

I think I still have this cassette single. :smokin

Its crazy to me how every group has a David Ruffin :lol: :lol:

BB= David
Mike= Otis
Ralph= Eddie
Rickey= Paul
Ronnie= Blue

Last edited:
Who was Boyz II Men's Ruffin? :nerd:

I know their music but I don't know their story and drama if any like that.

If I had to take a guess, it probably would be Wanya Morris, but I've never really heard much drama about them

The Unsung Case was better than I thought it was going to be.

BET needs to bring back midnight love

more so BET News

They have videos on the BET Jams/MTV Jams channel

TV One needs to re-show Roland's show in the evening or at night also.

If I had to take a guess, it probably would be Wanya Morris, but I've never really heard much drama about them

Nah, I don't think it was Wanya, they really don't have a David. Mike McCary left the group due to health and contract issues but that's pretty regular in a sense w/ groups.

The Unsung Case was better than I thought it was going to be.
more so BET News

They have videos on the BET Jams/MTV Jams channel

TV One needs to re-show Roland's show in the evening or at night also.

Nah. Midnight Love. Never cared or watched BET news

View media item 2324414
How could I forget about Bobby Brown in "A thin line between love and hate". The scene when he was grinding on the big chick [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom