No NEW EDITION MOVIE thread?

Y'all showing your age. That's all it is.

Nokio is mad underrated. Don't think people realize the talent he had. His beats were hard as hell. Don't understand *** he disappeared like that. He always reminded me of DeVante.

I need to see the Case UnSung. Case said he was piping or someone else said that?

Case Unsung came on last night, son said he was piping Mary J and that he and K-Ci had beef ....son also got Beyonce to be the leading lady in his Happily Ever After video then started piping her as well.

new edition is dope for what they where but musically jodeci was much better

I don't even know how that's true. Only two members of Jodeci could sing. Bobby, Ricky, Johnny and Ralph can all sing. The other two could at least rap a lil.

New Edition weren't up there crooning. They gave you a performance. Imagine having to remember all the dances and words to your songs and sing them while performance twice a day like that. I don't think people take that kinda stuff into account.

I'm blessed to say I'm old enough to be around for both although more so Jodeci cause I was around 6 or 7 when they came out. Of course I preferred Jodeci's look and songs but that's just cause of the time we were in. As an adult, Jodeci has cuts, but I'll never get the feeling from any of their songs like I do if Cool it now or If it isn't love comes on. That's just great music. Like someone said, they're like rated R in comparison to New Edition, but that doesn't make them better.

Damn, I can't find the Case UnSung on YouTube. I wish they would put them on demand.

As for the New Edition vs. Jodeci debate, both are my favorite R&B groups together. If I had to pick one group, it's New Edition. Because individually they could make some great, classic music. But with Jodeci, I didnt really care for K-Ci and JoJo as a duo. But Devante is one of my favorite producers, which gave Jodeci that edge with their beats. Johnny Gill and K-Ci are about tied vocally, but Ralph Tresvant is a better singer than JoJo. And Ricky Bell is a versatile singer because he has a strong voice but can also hit the soprano notes.

Girls groups of the mid 90s were the ****

TLC
En Vogue
Total
Destinys Child
SWV
Blaque

Etc. They just had....that "sound" that makes you feel good. That "bounce"....and them soothing voices. I keep a 90s R&B playlist on me mane......and them girl groups did a lot for the culture.

Man 1996 by far has to be the best year when it came to music.

Dru Hill, Maxwell, 112, Ginuwine, 702, Total, etc all dropped their debut albums. So many great songs and albums to name came out as well.

Last edited:
Comparing them to NE would be an unfair comparison, a fair comparison would be

112 vs jagged edge vs dru hill vs Next

And I think we all know who the winner would be

Jodeci was a great group.   Definitely some great cuts from the 90s.  But better than New Edition? nahhhh...

And no way is Jodeci more influential than New Edition.  New Edition's music spanned nearly 3 decades, individual solo careers, succesfully crossed over between R&B and hip hop.   Plus their sound transformed with the times.  Outside of the 90s, I don't think Jodeci really had that spark once the 90s were over.  Same with Dru Hill.  

If I had to choose between New Edition and Joceci in their prime for a concert, I'm going New Edition all day.  They would put on a hell of a show.  

Comparing them to NE would be an unfair comparison, a fair comparison would be

112 vs jagged edge vs dru hill vs Next

And I think we all know who the winner would be

I'm goin w/ Dru Hill on this one w/ Next all the way at the bottom off the strength of how the brothers were hatin on RL and kicked him out the group.

Dru Hill

JE

Next

i used to get teddy riley and RL confused  as a kid

I thought they were the same person

Last edited:
112 is my favorite out of the 96-00 groups. Their debut and Part 3 are classics.

Dru Hill and JE got great albums too. JE's last album was dumb good. JE Heartbreak 2.

Blackstreet was dope but they went through members and only had two good albums.

Next doesn't even belong in the convo but RL was dope.

Back
Top Bottom