No NEW EDITION MOVIE thread?

New Edition helped bring us Boys II Men, Backstreet Boys, N'Sync. They made some classics songs but the whole boy band was something previously done. Not to mention that Boys II Men ended up being much more influential and successful then NE ever was. I think some of you who were not around during the NE days are just sheep following the heard while it's hot.

Jodeci changed R&B and Hip Hop to this day. Just listen to The Weeknd. Also Devante as a producer was and still is one of the most underrated of all time.

What?! The whole boy band from kids to adulthood was only done EVER by the Jackson 5 (don't bring up no damn immature).

How did Jodeci change anything? Bobby Brown and BBD had more influence in their look and act than the influence Jodeci left, from the air and ground humping, to wearing boots, backward caps, jerseys and glasses and all that.

New Edition put on a show. From singing to dancing and rap, they did it all. Jodeci just went on stage and humped on the ground while K-ci sang "woooooooo yeah". They don't even have a top 10 single.

I'm not taking anything away from Jodeci. I love their songs, but to say they are better than New Edition is criminal. Just say you like their style more or the lyrics of the songs they made. Don't try and tell me they're better than New Edition.

Last edited:
lol  it's one thing to prefer Jodeci's music over others, hell I do too in many case but to talk about their impact being greater is just false

they didn't really break ground musically they came at a time where hip hop imagery started getting more attention so because

they came out and didn't look like typical R&B singers there was a big deal made about that but they weren't really doing anything much different than Guy was imo the new jack swing style was already fully in motion before Jodeci came along

Last edited:
Clearly Dru Hill isn't better than either of them but Dru Hill doesn't get enough credit. Their first two albums hard. Third album was real good too.

we just gonna act like color me badd never existed smh

this lil gem from new jack city

this hypnotizing track

New Edition helped bring us Boys II Men, Backstreet Boys, N'Sync. They made some classics songs but the whole boy band was something previously done. Not to mention that Boys II Men ended up being much more influential and successful then NE ever was. I think some of you who were not around during the NE days are just sheep following the heard while it's hot.

Jodeci changed R&B and Hip Hop to this day. Just listen to The Weeknd. Also Devante as a producer was and still is one of the most underrated of all time.

What?! The whole boy band from kids to adulthood was only done EVER by the Jackson 5 (don't bring up no damn immature).

How did Jodeci change anything? Bobby Brown and BBD had more influence in their look and act than the influence Jodeci left, from the air and ground humping, to wearing boots, backward caps, jerseys and glasses and all that.

New Edition put on a show. From singing to dancing and rap, they did it all. Jodeci just went on stage and humped on the ground while K-ci sang "woooooooo yeah". They don't even have a top 10 single.

I'm not taking anything away from Jodeci. I love their songs, but to say they are better than New Edition is criminal. Just say you like their style more or the lyrics of the songs they made. Don't try and tell me they're better than New Edition.

There it is.

^^ Speak in of Nokio, saw him on Case's Unsung episode last night looking mad different.

Speaking of Case, had no idea dude started smashing off Mary J after she appeared in his Touch me, Tease me video ...all while she was with K-Ci from Jodeci.

NE's got hits that I like but their music was too PG and it sounds dated as hell. Jodeci's music is raw and the production is way better.

Freak'n You is better than every NE song. I said it, wassup.

Y'all showing your age. That's all it is.

Nokio is mad underrated. Don't think people realize the talent he had. His beats were hard as hell. Don't understand *** he disappeared like that. He always reminded me of DeVante.

I need to see the Case UnSung. Case said he was piping or someone else said that?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom