No NEW EDITION MOVIE thread?

F all that.

I wanna see a Lil Bow Wow Biopic. Will probably be entertaining as hell.

Nah, Bow Wow aint been humbled yet so he'd have a lot of stuff fudged in it. This biopic showed the good, the bad, and the ugly, which made it great.

I'm low key lookin forward to 2Pac and Master P's biopics

I saw this thread, but didn't want to enter it until I watched all 3 episodes. I sat down and watched it all the way through yesterday (no commercials). This took me back to my childhood; I grew up on New Edition and they are one of my favorite R&B groups of all time. I think BET did a great job with this. I learned quite a few things I didn't know before. Watching this made me miss the R&B from the 80's - early 90's a lot. They don't make them like they used to, that's for sure.

80/90 R&B is real music. That and the whole MoTown run are legendary music. I always say my favorite era of music of 80s and 90 R&B

I hope we get a part 2 to this whole movie or at least movies for Bobby and bbd.

NKOTB has some dope music but their whole group, identity and sound was stolen from NE.

BET is doing the Master P joint, right? If they are, I hope they put as much time and effort into it. P gotta crazy ****** story to tell. That **** would be wild to see.

Part of what killed R&B and Rap as well is the digital era. Ringtones and singles. People don't care if your whole album is trash as long as you got two or three bangers. They'll buy or stream those and think you're killing it and be satisfied with it.

I hope we get a part 2 to this whole movie or at least movies for Bobby and bbd.

They said Bobby plans on doing his own movie.

BBD won't happen. They weren't big and Poison wasn't that big back then. Can anyone name more than five BBD songs? First album did well and the other two flopped and the new one will do okay because it came out with the movie. DeVoe wasn't popular, just a weak rapper. Biv was dope and Ricky was cool but Gill and Ralph were better than him.

Last edited:
I honestly wouldn't mind seeing a B2K biopic. That's one of the groups I mainly remember growing up since I was born in 1990.

I honestly wouldn't mind seeing a B2K biopic. That's one of the groups I mainly remember growing up since I was born in 1990.

Not sure you want to see the truth about how Chris Stokes was caressing them boys.
It could be a real eye opener for male rape

Last edited:
NKOTB has some dope music but their whole group, identity and sound was stolen from NE.

Yep another one of Maurice Starr's groups. It was essentially an opportunity he thought he could exploit. He'd seen New Edition's success and probably envisioned how more crossover appeal a white boy band would have singing R&B music.

BET is doing the Master P joint, right? If they are, I hope they put as much time and effort into it. P gotta crazy ****** story to tell. That **** would be wild to see.

As long as P is used simply for suggested creative input. We've seen P try to "loosely" tell his own story. I don't know this man's world but I couldn't help but feel like it was wildly exaggerated. Still made for some good entertainment for the times. :lol:

master p turns 50 this year thats crazy lol

50 isn't old, I just thought he was in his early 40's for some reason

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom