No NEW EDITION MOVIE thread?

I think a lot singers in the modern R&B era are better singers than they are given credit for. It's just that modern radio sound doesn't require them to use much of their vocal range. I hate thinking someone got nice vocals then I hear them live and come away disappointed.

Speaking of live shows... Elijah Kelley, dude who played Rickey Bell, is actually a decent singer in his own right. I believe I've even read somewhere that he is a classically trained vocalist which would explain his Broadway and other theater credits. Of course stage play singing won't always crossover into industry success or even having an industry sound but I wouldn't mind seeing if he could put something together worth listening to.

Speaking of live shows... Elijah Kelley, dude who played Rickey Bell, is actually a decent singer in his own right. I believe I've even read somewhere that he is a classically trained vocalist which would explain his Broadway and other theater credits. Of course stage play singing won't always crossover into industry success or even having an industry sound but I wouldn't mind seeing if he could put something together worth listening to.

I think all of them, well the dudes who played Johnny and Ralph were good singers were. They did a lot of their own studio vocals.

Last edited:
More like r&b groups need to come back. The last r&b group I can remember making some impact was Mindless Behavior, but that was short lived.

Hell yea bring back r&b groups as well...the dudes from the 80s and 90s might as well clique up with some of the newer producers and drop some music..90s might have honestly the pinnacle of black entertainment so far (music/sports/tv). Its like after 2005/2006 everyone has been paying homage to the 90s

Last edited:
Miguel is soo underrated man....

He dropped a classic R&B album and then stared to switch up his sound and say he's not R&B. I didn't like his second or third album. He doesn't want to make R&B music so **** him

Last edited:
U got nters saying drake is the best rnb artist out/ever. I miss that 90s **** man, can't wait til the summer when me n my lady ride around the city windows down blasting 90s rnb.

Yeah, too many one note r&b dudes out there where the beat controls the melody. 90s r&b were hitting some ranges man that could make you feel.

The new edition boys need to go on tour. Both the young boys and the older crew. Guaranteed it'll sell out. They can sell out the garden. I can see it now. Opening act have the young cats sing the old classics, then bring in the older actors and have them sing they ****. Then bring in real New Edition and have them perform a song. Then bring all 18 of them ************* out and have them perform at the same damn time. It'll be colossal, epic. They gonna win mad awards for that, B..word
And how would the new dudes get paid? They outchea singing cover songs? 
laugh.gif

I think all of them, well the dudes who played Johnny and Ralph were good singers were. They did a lot of their own studio vocals.
They all sang. Back in mid 2016 when they were promoting the movie, NE said that they worked with each cast member with dancing and vocals so when they shot the movie, it seemed authentic.

Last edited:
I'm so glad someone created this thread.

Babyface, LA Reid, Devante Swing, Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis will go down as the greatest producers ever. They changed the face of R&B ever.

To this day, Heartbreak, Johnny Gill and Don't Be Cruel are some of my favorite albums ever. They're certified classics and ever get old. Dare I say, as a whole, New Edition was more talented than the Jackson 5. There's a clip on YouTube of New Edition playing the beat to Candy Girl on instruments. I found that incredible.

He was about to blow until he dropped a boot on ol girls head. Thats what really killed his momentum. He became a meme.

He was already star when that. His last album was trash. I really hate to say this because he's one of my favorite artist, but maxwells last album was kind of weak.

Babyface, LA Reid, Devante Swing, Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis will go down as the greatest producers ever. They changed the face of R&B ever.

To this day, Heartbreak, Johnny Gill and Don't Be Cruel are some of my favorite albums ever. They're certified classics and ever get old. Dare I say, as a whole, New Edition was more talented than the Jackson 5. There's a clip on YouTube of New Edition playing the beat to Candy Girl on instruments. I found that incredible.

More talented in what way?

The Neo Soul era of the late 90s/early 00s :pimp:

Everybody was eating and getting airplay. Such a nice variety

More talented in what way?

Outside of MJ, who had memorable records? New edition spawned many.

Outside of MJ, who had memorable records? New edition spawned many.

You could argue Jermaine Jackson with "Let's Get Serious" but that was a minor hit.

New Edition's solo efforts sold over 10 million records when put together

I'm listening to Heartbreak and damn this CD was the truth. Super lady tho... [emoji]128526[/emoji][emoji]128526[/emoji][emoji]128526[/emoji]

Back
Top Bottom