No NEW EDITION MOVIE thread?

The new edition boys need to go on tour. Both the young boys and the older crew. Guaranteed it'll sell out. They can sell out the garden. I can see it now. Opening act have the young cats sing the old classics, then bring in the older actors and have them sing they ****. Then bring in real New Edition and have them perform a song. Then bring all 18 of them ************* out and have them perform at the same damn time. It'll be colossal, epic. They gonna win mad awards for that, B..word

Last edited:
Yo I was just looking at babyface's catalogue and was amazed. Him and Teddy Riley are legends in songwriting/production. They really don't get enough props.

The new edition boys need to go on tour. Both the young boys and the older crew. Guaranteed it'll sell out. They can sell out the garden. I can see it now. Opening act have the young cats sing the old classics, then bring in the older actors and have them sing they ****. Then bring in real New Edition and have them perform a song. Then bring all 18 of them ************* out and have them perform at the same damn time. It'll be colossal, epic. They gonna win mad awards for that, B..word

That's a lot lol. All the guys were good, but let's not play ourselves now. Live performance is NEs pedigree. When all else fails, they will put on a great show, night in and night out. They've been doing that for 35 years. They're older, but their fans are an army of mothers & grandmothers who STILL travel from city to city to see them. Kind of an insult to the real guys to assume the young cats can do their job every night to the same standard.

R Kelly was also very versatile. Not all of his writing sounded like he was an illiterate drop out.

Kells is a prime example of the importance of music programs in school. His teachers just passed him through classes until they found out dude really couldn't read. If he didn't have a music teacher that believed in him and helped him through it, the Chicago streets probably would've swallowed up another wasted talent. People don't know how close he probably was to taking Aaron Hall's spot in Guy on some "Flash" vs "Eddie Kane" type stuff. When he was trying to get his first deal, they passed him up for Al B Sure, after he signed away some of his music. So he's uncredited on a lot of early 90s cuts floating out there in the universe.

R&B never left. It's just not mainstream like it used to be. People don't want to hear that. Luke James, Rico Love, Ro James and a few others have all made great R&B music. People want club music or you to sing over hip hop beats and then rap as well.

I had that Ro James on repeat all last year. Adidas was my favorite song. Solange joint was good too.

What category does Anderson paak fall under [emoji]129300[/emoji]

Movie was so dope from the dancing to the wardrode. I was born in 1980 so I grew up a New Edition, B Brown & BBD fan. Bobby was the man the bad boy of the 1990s.

Also, Mike was very business savvy. Had Boyz II Men, Another Bad Creation, his own label, & a number of other groups. In his solo Breakfast Club interview he talks about Motown gave him like 10 mil for his own label & why he gave up Boyz II Men

Babyface & LA Reid had all the #1 hits from 1990s. Geesh

Last edited:
The interview with the older cast on Sway in the morning was Fuego. Everybody but Woody showed out especially on that freestyle

R&B never left. It's just not mainstream like it used to be. People don't want to hear that. Luke James, Rico Love, Ro James and a few others have all made great R&B music. People want club music or you to sing over hip hop beats and then rap as well.

To make great R&B, you have to be able to sing IMO

Most of these dudes are lacking vocally and would have never gotten deals in any other era. People made fun of Ashanti and Mya, but now that is the norm along with auto tune.

Once R&B and Hip-Hop merged, it was like one of those hot, intense marriages that went through some major ups and downs, and now it's at that point where both sides are just in it for the benefits lol.

:lol: This.

It's at the point where it's just one genre. Tory Lanez, Chris Brown, Trey, Drake, Bryson. All these singer/rapper dudes.

As great as R Kelly is I blame him.

It's at the point where it's just one genre. Tory Lanez, Chris Brown, Trey, Drake, Bryson. All these singer/rapper dudes.

[As great as R Kelly is I blame him.

Very true. It's like Michael Jordan's influence on the ISO ball era :lol:.

I will say.....Tiller makes great music though.

There's a lot of good R&B out there. It's just not as consistent and diverse as it was in the golden era.

[As great as R Kelly is I blame him.

Very true. It's like Michael Jordan's influence on the ISO ball era :lol:.

I will say.....Tiller makes great music though.

There's a lot of good R&B out there. It's just not as consistent and diverse as it was in the golden era.

Once he came with the R&B thug thing he birthed these dudes. But they ain't got the talent like him to pull it off.

Bryson is aight. His voice is too weak for me, he sound 13. Only new R&B dudes I really listen is BJ The Chicago Kid, Anderson Paak and Jacquees.

As great as R Kelly is I blame him.

R Kelly was also a swagger jack master

Nate Dogg changed his whole direction.

Most of these dudes are lacking vocally and would have never gotten deals in any other era. People made fun of Ashanti and Mya, but now that is the norm along with auto tune.

Let's not look at the past with rose tinted glasses though

Sure they had johnny, McKnight, levert etc but...

Keith sweat, al b sure, Bobby brown (who we are all praising right now) couldn't sing. And there's a lot more that I won't know to keep from upsetting some people :lol:

I agree. The people I listed can sing. People don't care if you can see or if you're making nice music. They want something to bounce to and something dirty as hell to put on snap chat. Mainstream music today is trash because of it. My favorite album of last year was Jaheim's and I thought he was old and done but that was real ****** music. He was talking some **** on that album. The content was beautiful.

Keith sweat, al b sure, Bobby brown (who we are all praising right now) couldn't sing. And there's a lot more that I won't know to keep from upsetting some people :lol:

But like non lyrical rappers it wasn't the majority and what was mainstream

You knew they couldn't sing, but people ignore Frank Ocean's voice.

Late pass.

I did not know the lady that played Michael Bivens mom, was signed to Biv10 Entertaintment back in the day.

You can probably count on one hand how many dudes from the 90's that COULDN'T sing. The talent was ridiculous. Hell, Dino from H-Town **** on everybody in today's era.

Back
Top Bottom