No NEW EDITION MOVIE thread?

Try anything sexual. It's popular in Atlanta

Made me bust out laughing at work. :rofl:

But R&B is really far and few between these days. I never got into Trey Songs or any of the dudes that came out around that time and with what's popular now, I just listen to 90s, 80s, 70s and 60s R&B, Funk and Soul. I hardly listen to hip hop or rap anymore.

I give new artists a try, but the magic has been taken out of music with how available everyone is on social media. There's no anticipation for a project which feeds a cycle of disposable art.

Last edited:
Try anything sexual. It's popular in Atlanta

But R&B is really far and few between these days. I never got into Trey Songs or any of the dudes that came out around that time and with what's popular now, I just listen to 90s, 80s, 70s and 60s R&B, Funk and Soul. I hardly listen to hip hop or rap anymore.

I give new artists a try, but the magic has been taken out of music with how available everyone is on social media. There's no anticipation for a project which feeds a cycle of disposable art.

A lot of times it feels like there's more artists than fans

This was my favorite off the album. Song is cold.
TV One has a show called UnSung. It's like Behind the Music. I watched the Hi-Five one a few weeks ago, it was MAD good. The SWV one was real good too. They do mad old R&B artists, about to watch the Jon B joint On Demand. I need a Shai one.

Yeah I watch Unsung every week, it's my favorite show on TV. You really learn about artists from this show. Did you know Howard Hewett from Shalamar was moving weight back in the day? Dude had a huge drug case against him and made his then wife take the bid so he would avoid jail time.

Jaquees got TALENT but he's signed to Birdman who's never done R&B. I wish there was a young Babyface around to mold younger singers.

Last edited:
I remember hearing this song on one of the xm channels..I think groove. This song grooves....no pun

Wow....I'm tripping. Had no idea this was song by New Edition. I love this song too....just never thought to look up who's song it was. Thanks for posting.

Jaquees got TALENT but he's signed to Birdman who's never done R&B. I wish there was a young Babyface around to mold younger singers.

I'm not going to lie, I never gave this dude a chance because he was associated with beatrice and looks like a lil Wayne clone,

Here is an excerpt from and interview he did in Sister 2 Sister magazine:

Jamie: You don't want to know what your sexuality is?
Tevin: I'm not gay, but there's a lot of different things that I do like, sexually. Being in the business, you are introduced to a lot of different things. I'm not gay, but I'm a freak and I think a lot of people know what a freak is.

Jamie: I don't. What is it?
Tevin: Basically, I'm trying a lot of things. Being open-minded. It has nothing to do with attraction. It's just having fun and I did a lot of that on the road with dancers. We had truth or dare.

Jamie: So you're saying it could be male or female? Whatever is happening at that time?
Tevin: Right, I am not exclusively attracted to men. I'm not gay, but sexually...

Jamie: Would you say you're bisexual?
Tevin: No, just "try-sexual."

Jamie: What is that? You, me and he?
Tevin: Leave that to the imagination.
Quincy Jones got to that boy early 

Tevin Campbell was aiight

I always get him and jesse powell confused they sound alike
Tevin Campbell was way more memorable, I was young so forgive if I'm wrong, but didn't Jesse just have one hit. Only remember one song from him where he says "baby it's yoooouuuuuu!!!!!!!!"

Tevin Campbell was aiight

I always get him and jesse powell confused they sound alike
Tevin Campbell was way more memorable, I was young so forgive if I'm wrong, but didn't Jesse just have one hit. Only remember one song from him where he says "baby it's yoooouuuuuu!!!!!!!!"
yes and the song is called "You" 
laugh.gif

ultimate wedding song tho

Anderson Paak can sing

I thnk Eric Bellinger is ok

6lack, Frank Ocean, BJ Chicago, Mack....average to ehhhhhh

Yo, Anderson Paak is phenomenal. Love his whole vibe, and it's been a long time since I have been able to say that about something R&B.

Peace,
J

Damn Brolic, you just perfectly summed up what's in my head, but couldn't figure out how to say it haha. Outside of Anderson, the only R&B I've enjoyed lately has been Maxwell. Both of his last 2 have been VERY good.

Peace,
J

Next year let's call this day our anniversary :smokin

Had this one my mixes/playlist from 2008 to 2015. Had "Can We Talk" off and on my mixes/playlist from 2003 to now. Classic. Only current R&B artist that stayed from 2009(and came out after 2005) and up is The Weeknd and Miguel.

This was my favorite off the album. Song is cold.
TV One has a show called UnSung. It's like Behind the Music. I watched the Hi-Five one a few weeks ago, it was MAD good. The SWV one was real good too. They do mad old R&B artists, about to watch the Jon B joint On Demand. I need a Shai one.

Yeah I watch Unsung every week, it's my favorite show on TV. You really learn about artists from this show. Did you know Howard Hewett from Shalamar was moving weight back in the day? Dude had a huge drug case against him and made his then wife take the bid so he would avoid jail time.

I don't have cable and Unsung is the one show that I miss the most. I catch em on Youtube every now and then if they're uploaded

That song was the cut. But "Tell Me What You Want Me To Do" made me a firm believer in Tevin's vocal abilities.

And he had hits..."Just Ask Me To", "Goodbye", "Don't Say Goodbye", "I'm Ready", and "Strawberry Letter 23"

I'm really showing my age here. I'm about to be 33 soon and grew up on that era of great r&b music

I'm right behind you at 30 lol

Back
Top Bottom