• Warriors in 6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors in 7

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are of my favs on this site, and always will be.

2011, 2014, 2015, the small ball switch. Why is that getting Bron? (Even tho its not "his" guy or any of that, like Barrea isn't his focus, it just worked out.) Same with Diaw. But Iggy is more on his side of things.

Small ball is Bron's strength, yet, it's costing him titles. How is that?

Well in this series, dude doesn't have the energy to carry the offense AND defense, not to mention he's been lax on defense for years now.

Also there's not a lot of players better equipped to handle Bron than Iggy, he's faced him 4 times a year for most of his career and is one of the smartest defenders in the league.

We just gotta be honest about this Cavs teams talent level, it's not even close to the Miami teams, they just have a better "center".

To expect a lineup of Delly/Shump/Jones or JR/Bron/Thompson to compete with the Warriors is pretty insane to begin with.

Man most of the consistent posters have some sort of bias

Some are better at massaging their point than others but Iif you pay attention you'll see the bias

It's a Basketball discussion on a sneaker forum, it's always At best just going to be a high level barber shop type discussion

Yall think this is bad? Have you ever tried to discuss Sports in real life? :lol:

Last edited:
so in the middle of the championship party they will give LeBron the mvp because he tried..... ok

Not a fan of either team, but I'd like to see this for the lulz. It'd be especially funny if GSW closes out in Oakland.

Last edited:
Last night I read from a very smart person that Russ KILLS his team with his shot selection, but somehow Bron inspires his with his clanging of shots, to the tune of over 100+ misses in one single series.

The :lol:

Magic was called Tragic Johnson for his team losing the 84 Finals to another one of the greatest players in league history. At that point, Magic was 25, already had 2 Titles, and a college title, and was in his 4th Finals in 5 years, and people CRUSHED Magic for that series. But LeBron is innocent of back to back Finals defeats? :\

Kobe gets crushed for WINNING the 2010 Title, because he had a poor game 7 shooting performance, in which both teams shot horribly for the entire game, both teams were on fumes. And people still crush him for that series, and he won. :lol:

LeBron bout to lose, a 4th Finals, had a 2-1 lead, the team LOST when Kyrie did play, and then won the next two without him, and suddenly "he has no help" even tho I saw Mozgov feast last game, and not even play yesterday. Is his style of play not conducive to winning or something?

2011, 2014, and 2015 all feature teams going to small ball, and that becomes what beats a LeBron led team. Why is that? :nerd: And why can't I bring it up without being labeled as a Laker fan, a hater, a Kobe stan, or whatever else? Why can't I just bring this up and let everyone look at it and talk about it? Do I have to wear a cape when I type with LeBron's logo on it, am I being left out of the fraternity?

Not you too CP? I knew i would see someone post that 2-1 lead to slander Bron but I thought it would've been the other haters. Come on dude. The fact that they even went up 2-1 was bogus. Said it then, and i'm STILL saying it. I have no idea how people were gassed at that 2-1 lead. I KNEW that was some fraud status and why I, along with ALL the warrior fans I know, was never worried.

And honestly, even though they lost WITH Kyrie, I think it's fair to say that if he was there, it would've let Bron rest more and gave the team more options to do more things since he would've been their other play maker.

I think a fair slander of Bron would be that he is definitely missing a ton of makeable shots. He missed a ton of easy lay ins on one on one coverage last night. He also isn't switching up his game really as far as shooting mid range, etc. It's just either a post up leading to a fadeaway, or it's a drive to the basket, or it's a step back 3 thinking he's James Harden.

Last edited by a moderator:

Some are better at massaging their point than others but Iif you pay attention you'll see the bias

It's a Basketball discussion on a sneaker forum, it's always At best just going to be a high level barber shop type discussion

Yall think this is bad? Have you ever tried to discuss Sports in real life?
laugh.gif
true. 

so annoying when you hear people constantly crying on this site. even people who really have good input on ball , just crying.  actually ive had a lot of good discussions about sports with people irl. 

Last edited:
Cavs just need to keep if real and stick with the on-ball screen getting whoever not named Iggy or Draymond switched onto LeBron and work from there. Can't trust the ball in the hands of anyone else to make a play at this point.

Again just curious how is this different than Sixers v Lakers? LA wins that series of Shaq sits or if Kobe sits. Philly is swept and loses each game by 30+ of AI isn't on the court. By definition he was the most valuable.
He didn't not shouldn't have won MVP

It's not different...AI was the most valuable member of either squad that series also. It really boils down to what you consider an MVP...I personally think the MVP is the person who means the most to their squad. However, the MVP award is typically given to the best player on the best team. Most times those things go hand in hand sometimes they don't. In these finals those things don't go hand in hand. Lebron is clearly the most valuable member of either squad...and there isn't even a close second. Like I said though..if the Cavs lose; I doubt he gets it.

And honestly, even though they lost WITH Kyrie, I think it's fair to say that if he was there, it would've let Bron rest more and gave the team more options to do more things since he would've been their other play maker.

Well, the extremist, if Lebron wouldn't have chocked the never wouldn't have been in OT and Kyrie wouldn't have gotten hurt.

You are of my favs on this site, and always will be.

2011, 2014, 2015, the small ball switch. Why is that getting Bron? (Even tho its not "his" guy or any of that, like Barrea isn't his focus, it just worked out.) Same with Diaw. But Iggy is more on his side of things.

Small ball is Bron's strength, yet, it's costing him titles. How is that?

Look I thought this team should have been a massive underdog to GSW, even with Kyrie. I gave them basically no shot to win. In fact I have multiple bets on GSW to win the title.

So everything I say about Lebron performance look at it through that prism.

If you look at upsets, especially in the NCAA tournament, the path to beating a team with a significant talent advantage is to decrease the amount of possessions by slowing the pace and not turning it over, less possessions, higher chance of upset. Secure extra possessions for your self through, turnovers/ offensive rebounding and shoot more threes

This is harder to do in the NBA because

a. you can't press.
b. shorter clock
c. NBA defenses are really difficult to beat with sub 10 seconds on the shot clock.

this type of strategy increases the chance you will win by 3 but also increases the chance you get blown out by double digits

To me the ONLY path to vicotry, is to slow the possessions to a crawl and shoot sub 10 seconds on the clock

So the question about lebrons performance is. Do you think the rest of Cavs IN LATE CLOCK scenarios would shoot better than Lebron's 38%?

I think they wouldn't and I think passing it to them also increase the chance of turnovers, defeating the slow pace strategy. So in this very specific scenario, this series, I think Lebron despite shooting is justified.

Yall think this is bad? Have you ever tried to discuss Sports in real life? :lol:

Dear God, I've tried. It's very annoying. People I know in real life make NTers look like professional analysts.

I cant believe this russell westbrook / lebron james thing was even a thing. Makes no sense at all

I cant believe lebron and losing and being the mvp is a thing either. There's no chance of that happening

At the end of the day, if Andre and Draymond are making shots the cavs have no shot, as you saw in the last two games. As good as Lebron has been, it really just doesn't matter if those two play well. JR and Iman are idiots on both ends of the floor and are so inconsistent offensively that the fact that they are forced to play in this kind of environment says why the cavs should have lost in 4, or 5.

Outside of a very small circle I don't even try to talk sports with people, it's like politics.

As ong as you aren't overly entrenched with a view or side where you can't budge, both are enjoyable to discuss. But once an opinion can't be swayed, what's the point

As ong as you aren't overly entrenched with a view or side where you can't budge, both are enjoyable to discuss. But once an opinion can't be swayed, what's the point

I've never had an enjoyable experience discussing opposing political opinions, probably because most of those convos take place with people older than me.

Sports talk can be fun tho.

Hope the Warriors win by 20 in game 6, but it isn't over yet. Wouldn't be surprised if the Cavs won this next one. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom