• Warriors in 6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors in 7

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh not really... and you made the point in your own comment. Lebron is playing with 4 NTers out there YET...not only have they been in all but one game; they've won two and had a hell of a chance to take a 3rd. I doubt he'll win it if he Cavs lose but Lebron James is CLEARLY the most valuable member of either squad. GSW would have won this series in 3 games without Lebby.

Again just curious how is this different than Sixers v Lakers? LA wins that series of Shaq sits or if Kobe sits. Philly is swept and loses each game by 30+ of AI isn't on the court. By definition he was the most valuable.
He didn't not shouldn't have won MVP

I mean, that's the way inconsistencies go. It's like people who discredit one guy for never going far in the playoffs and failing yet again, then a couple months later have nothing but slander for a guy in his 6th Finals and playing very impressively. People are just funny like that.

Pointing out the inconsistencies and flaws in a players game because of his fanboys/stans =/= "nothing but slander"

No one has asked me "Hey Chester, how is LeBron playing right now?"

He's playing phenomenal basketball. Some of the best I've ever seen. Doesn't make it flawless though. People can appreciate without slobbering and saying things like "well, if you remove shots from outside the paint and plays that might count as a foul, Lebby is shooting 68%"

:wink:

Last edited:

The best thing about this finals it has really revealed the most intellectually dishonest among us.
I dunno. Nothing can be said anymore without getting called this or that unless it's unrelenting praise for a guy shooting 38-39%, hitting absolutely no mid range shots, making 20% of his 3's in the postseason, and not doing anything of relevance defensively. Or 71% of his free throws.

But triple doubles and no help, that MUST be the focus, nothing else shall be allowed.

For some reason.......
ohwell.gif
Eh. I've acknowledged the fact that he's shooting the three really poorly, the free throws have always been that way its no surprise along with the defense. He's been a turnstile all season long. I dont think any of those things can be argued, but at the same time the fact that this totally overmatched team is even in these games is 100% to his credit.

no way lebron is exerting all that energy running through all those screens

At this point, Cavs have to make some drastic adjustment because they're hanging by their fingertips onto a life raft.

Idk what's left to do but limit their trapping on Steph but have LeBron guard him instead of letting him shoot 3s over Delly

I dunno. Nothing can be said anymore without getting called this or that unless it's unrelenting praise for a guy shooting 38-39%, hitting absolutely no mid range shots, making 20% of his 3's in the postseason, and not doing anything of relevance defensively. Or 71% of his free throws.

But triple doubles and no help, that MUST be the focus, nothing else shall be allowed.

For some reason.......
ohwell.gif
repped. 

The best thing about this finals it has really revealed the most intellectually dishonest among us.

For some reason....... :\

View media item 1331852

it's just getting so tiresome, it seems to me very few people actually want to discuss the game or what's happening on the court.

People are just stumping for their favorite player.

We can have a discussion about Lebrons performance, or the strategy they are employing but that's not what happening. Kobe, Lebron and Jordan fans just trying to promotie their world views.

so in the middle of the championship party they will give LeBron the mvp because he tried..... ok

I'm on neither side here, these LeBron, MJ, and Kobe debates are annoying. I just want to talk about the Finals man, it just so happens that LeBron is in it so these conversations come with the territory.

[quote name="CP1708"][quote name="Osh Kosh Bosh"]The best thing about this finals it has really revealed the most intellectually dishonest among us.[/quote]I dunno. Nothing can be said anymore without getting called this or that unless it's unrelenting praise for a guy shooting 38-39%, hitting absolutely no mid range shots, making 20% of his 3's in the postseason, and not doing anything of relevance defensively. Or 71% of his free throws.

For some reason....... :\[/quote]So you're conveniently not going to notice or mention that people can't avoid getting called this or that unless they are offering unrelenting slander? :lol:

"Triple double."
"Caper."

"One of the worst, now in the Finals."
"Stan."

"6 straight."
"Stop slurping."

Nah, it's only people getting called this and that for mentioning the negatives. :lol:

Riiiiiiiiiiight.

Just heard the "I'm the best player in the world" lebae comment :rofl:

That's gonna bite him in the butt
no is not, stans already interpreted that as ...

What is he suppose to say

He needs to instill confidence in his team

That's what players think

Etc etc etc ..
Lmao

FT's were brought up b/c it has a direct correlation on FGP.  if u get fouled, it doesn't count as an attempt.

i know lebron does all the traveling, flopping, etc.  doesn't negate the non-calls for him though.

look at kobe against boston in gm 7.  he got like 30FTA's. refs gave them the chip.  curious to see tomorrow night.

Its also what got them to the Finals in the first place. The Finals isnt the place to completely abandon what you know, this is one of the most if not the most Iso heavy teams in the league. They had the #1 and #3 producing Iso players in the league, and their 6th man lives and dies by Iso.

This is what the Cavs were going to be in the Finals we all knew this, which is why I never thought they were going to win the series.
Thought the same 

[quote name="Chester McFloppy"][quote name="DarthSka"]I mean, that's the way inconsistencies go. It's like people who discredit one guy for never going far in the playoffs and failing yet again, then a couple months later have nothing but slander for a guy in his 6th Finals and playing very impressively. People are just funny like that.[/quote]

Pointing out the inconsistencies and flaws in a players game because of his fanboys/stans =/= "nothing but slander"

He's playing phenomenal basketball. Some of the best I've ever seen. Doesn't make it flawless though. People can appreciate without slobbering and saying things like "well, if you remove shots from outside the paint and plays that might count as a foul, Lebby is shooting 68%"

:wink:[/quote]Fair points.

Except one thing. Did anyone ask you, "What criticisms do you have of Lebby?"

Because I've read them a lot from you, but maybe missed the question, since you're trying to sell me that you reserve your positive opinions for when someone asks.

[quote name="Chester McFloppy"][quote name="DarthSka"]I mean, that's the way inconsistencies go. It's like people who discredit one guy for never going far in the playoffs and failing yet again, then a couple months later have nothing but slander for a guy in his 6th Finals and playing very impressively. People are just funny like that.

:wink:[/quote]Fair points.

Except one thing. Did anyone ask you, "What criticisms do you have of Lebby?"

Because I've read them a lot from you, but maybe missed the question, since you're trying to sell me that you reserve your positive opinions for when someone asks.[/quote]

My personal opinion usually conflicts with my in-ring personality so I only break kayfabe when asked directly.

Last edited:

it's just getting so tiresome, it seems to me very few people actually want to discuss the game or what's happening on the court.

People are just stumping for their favorite player.

We can have a discussion about Lebrons performance, or the strategy they are employing but that's not what happening. Kobe, Lebron and Jordan fans just trying to promotie their world views.

You are of my favs on this site, and always will be.

2011, 2014, 2015, the small ball switch. Why is that getting Bron? (Even tho its not "his" guy or any of that, like Barrea isn't his focus, it just worked out.) Same with Diaw. But Iggy is more on his side of things.

Small ball is Bron's strength, yet, it's costing him titles. How is that?

IMHO,

What Lebron is doing is out of necessity. I think if you insert another super star, theyll probably be jacking up those scoring numbers.

Is it impressive, for some, yes, for me, he is doing what needs to be done.

I hate when the same impressed people totally discredit what Stephen has been doing. Making the correct play, something lebrons Stan always go back to. SC has been as efficient as LBJ was back in 2011, only thing is that not SC is not performing but Lebron is.

Is a fools argument.

Lebron wins he makes everyone better he looses he didn't have no help.

Come on .. Be realistic ...

[quote name="CP1708"][quote name="Osh Kosh Bosh"]The best thing about this finals it has really revealed the most intellectually dishonest among us.

For some reason....... :\[/quote]So you're conveniently not going to notice or mention that people can't avoid getting called this or that unless they are offering unrelenting slander? :lol:

"Triple double."
"Caper."

"One of the worst, now in the Finals."
"Stan."

"6 straight."
"Stop slurping."

Nah, it's only people getting called this and that for mentioning the negatives. :lol:

Riiiiiiiiiiight.[/quote]

I'm not following, I'm just asking questions right now. I'll get into the details of it all later.

Right now Cavs kinda in a lose/lose situation

When they aggressively trap Steph or Klay and ignore Draymond, Draymond has been able to make plays that leads to him getting fouled or finding a wide open Iggy or Barnes.

When they've stopped trapping Steph last night, his 4th quarter happened.

Yea they've been doing that since game 2. Dray just finally woke up, and Iggy Barnes finally hit their open shots. But even then Dray had 6 assists vs. 4 turnovers.

The other issue was Steph made the same contested shots he was missing in the earlier games. Step back threes, 3-4 dribble pull-ups, floaters. All contested, but they went down this time.

So they have make GSW do this again. They cant really do anything else. Gotta continue trapping Steph so that they're forcing Dray & Iggy to make things happen. Gotta continue to force Steph to make those same contested shots off the dribble. You can't take away everything & this is their best chance to win.

Those 3 didn't make shots in games 2-3. They've been much better in 4-5. Make or miss league. CLE is hoping for a few more misses from them.

I agree. So what's the solution?

LOL
obviously not a delly iso but set some screens for shooters, back screen for lebron, pick and roll with mozgod/thompson has been money all playoffs.  just switch it up every now and then because when u iso lebron everytime u are giving the defense time to rest.  even the man guarding lebron isn't spending too much energy since bron uses at least half the shot clock before he makes his move
Delly handles the ball PLENTY of times. He doesn't just give the ball to Bron and stand in the corner every single possession. He has opportunities to make plays, but he's just..... not that good. He doesn't consistently make good decisions with the ball & his pick & rolls with TT were completely snuffed out by GSW in game 4. He's doing all he can with his talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom