• Warriors in 6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors in 7

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK I hear some arguments. However if Lebron looses whether he avg 50 20 and 20 his team lost. Whether he was there or not, his team was going to loose.

How can you be the MVP.

For me I'll look for game by game, when it matter most, within striking distant in the 4th up 2 1 he didn't score a point. How can that be your MVP? He potentially cost them the series right there.

Anyways, IMHO the trophy goes to the winner.

Unless stans are trying to get a consolation award. Somehow they'll say, he didn't have help ... You c he won the MVP.

That argument was already taken away by Lebron himself when he said he was the best in the world and his team is good enough to win.

Please stop using Jerry West as an example or a reason why LeBron should win it. Read Antidope's post. It isn't happening so go ahead and lose that noise.

Did I say he should win it? Or did I say I personally think the MVP should go to the guy who is most valuable to the winning team?

Read my whole post next time. K thnx.

Also, as much as I agree with Antidope, he's not out here setting the rules and regulations for the NBA. There's a 99.9% chance that it ain't ever happening again, but it Silver just so decides to let the **** slide, then what can anyone do about it.

With that said, we all know he ain't getting it if they don't win the next 2 games.

But if in any event they do award a loser an MVP again, averaging 40 points and a triple double ain't a bad way to win it. That's all I'm saying.

I still can't understand how people are saying that if the Cavs loose Lebron still should get the MVP?

Someone please explain .... Don't come with stats.

I want to know how you think a person on a loosing team should get the MVP?

Dude is averaging a 40 point triple double in the finals.

Win or lose, he's the most valuable guy on the floor.

It's happened before. Jerry West got it in an L. Lebrons career is actually almost mimicking Wests.

I personally believe the MVP should go to the most valuable player to the winning team. But I understand how and why it would go to the guys from another team too.

Stats aside, the MVP on the losing team is still on the losing team. It's a little twisted logic wise but it is what it is. It's almost to thinking "If they were MVP, why did their team lose?" u can chalk it up to no supporting cast but then u look at the player who had just a good an impact and his team actually won. Giving the Finals MVP to a player on the losing team is like giving the fat kid an 8th place trophy because they tried.......

Having said that, I really wonder who will get the MVP if the Dubs close out and win it all. Steph, though played big last night, disappeared for a lil in games 2 and 3. Iggy, though he's Superman from the line (pick one, Dwight or Shaq) has played a pivotal role for this defense. Barnes has stepped up and played night in and night out. After Kawhi Leonard won it last year (though he truly was deserving of it) I wouldn't be surprised if it went to a player not named Steph Curry.

OK I hear some arguments. However if Lebron looses whether he avg 50 20 and 20 his team lost. Whether he was there or not, his team was going to loose.

How can you be the MVP.

For me I'll look for game by game, when it matter most, within striking distant in the 4th up 2 1 he didn't score a point. How can that be your MVP? He potentially cost them the series right there.

Anyways, IMHO the trophy goes to the winner.

Unless stans are trying to get a consolation award. Somehow they'll say, he didn't have help ... You c he won the MVP.

That argument was already taken away by Lebron himself when he said he was the best in the world and his team is good enough to win.
Agreed with everything until this.  What does him saying that have to do with winning the award or not? What is he supposed to say? "We're going to lose because two of my backup players are out."?

Don't patronize lebron by giving him the finals MVP if the cavs lose. He's a big boy, let him take the full on L

My factor for MVP simply goes like this. LBJ is the best player in the world? Every game outside of 4 has been withing 2-3 points with an opportunity for the best player to takeover and make tose big plays for his team... yet he's missed two opportunities to win the game on the last possesion, went scoreless for an entire 4th... and has been horrendous in the 4th every game until last night.

Stephs Impact goes beyond making shots. Because you have to double him on pick and rolls, guys are getting open threes and draymond is getting a chance to make plays down hill with numbers in the Warriors favor

Agreed with everything until this.  What does him saying that have to do with winning the award or not? What is he supposed to say? "We're going to lose because two of my backup players are out."?
well, yeah. Is not like we are blind. He could of have left I'm the best in the world and said I been here before and I know we can do it. Instead of saying his team is good enough he could of have said, my teammates have stepped up and I have confidence in them and I believe we can win.

Is all about wording, he basically saying that he is the best and he can do it. However he wasn't asked that ..he just said it because he was frustrated ... Just like the countless sgjt that he always say that backfire and he's apologizing for.

Steph gets MVP if the GS wins. Why are people trying to even make this a thing. His muscle put GS in this position. He froze up in the beginning of the series but went back to playing like himself. Nothing more or nothing less was needed to (potentially) win the series. Just steph playing like himself

The last 5 minutes of CLOSE games, he literally is the reason the W's have won two games this series... Iggy has played great, yet when the games on the line & you Need a point or a big play Steph has made those plays.

In what world is 26, 6 & 6 on 45/40/90 from your PG, combined with hitting crucial shots in the most important parts of the game not considered MVP #'s

Last edited by a moderator:
If GS wins in Cleveland, just another kick in the stomach for that town sports wise

And couldn't this Lebron for MVP, his team would be destroyed if he didn't play line of thinking apply to Iverson in 01? AI didn't have quite the stats Bron has put up but without him that Philly teams loses by 40 each game

Edit looking at scoring alone AI was right there with Bron. Such a beast :pimp:

Last edited:
I hear you.

I still think Iggy should get it if he keeps playing like this through the next game.

That's just my opinion.

Doesn't mean I'm dumb enough to think he's really going to get it though. I obviously know Curry will get it.

If GS wins in Cleveland, just another kick in the stomach for that town sports wise

That city is the epitome if heartbreak. Lebron will do everything in his power to not have it unravel in front of the home team...but if his heart gets snatched out his chest in Cleveland he will never be the same mentally

Exactly... and steph really solidified his standing for me as far as tougness & leadership goes because for a point in Game 3 i really thought he was going Lebron 2011 on us. then you add in all the media talk of Delladova "shutting him down" Klay playing sub par & this being his first finals he could have easily shrunk. Instead he has come out and completely taken his identity back..

The game was still in reach for the Cavs & he took a CONFIDENT 30 footer to bury them..

The play where Lebron knocks down a really long three to give CLE the lead... That very well could have ended GS season, very next play he comes up crosses a few dudes and puts them back up two... He has hit some very big shots for the warriors this series.

That city is the epitome if heartbreak. Lebron will do everything in his power to not have it unravel in front of the home team...but if his heart gets snatched out his chest in Cleveland he will never be the same mentally

Overdramatic much?

Last edited:
Steph Curry has pouted like a child most of this series and now everyone is going to pretend it didn't happen. :smh:

Steph Curry has pouted like a child most of this series and now everyone is going to pretend it didn't happen. :smh:

Steph Curry has pouted!!????

Do not ever speak on anyone pouting in the NBA with that diva in your avy

Makes what u just said complete blasphemy dude

Last edited:

Lebron ain't ever getting back to the finals after this anyway. He's done whether they win or lose. Half his team can't score, the other half is made of toilet paper, and the rest of them bums are old and get no PT.

So if they lose in Cleveland, it's really nothing but another L for them to put into their bag of L's. It shouldn't really be anything too dramatic for them. They've lost in the finals before.

Lebron ain't ever getting back to the finals after this anyway. He's done whether they win or lose. Half his team can't score, the other half is made of toilet paper, and the rest of them bums are old and get no PT.

So if they lose in Cleveland, it's really nothing but another L for them to put into their bag of L's. It shouldn't really be anything too dramatic for them. They've lost in the finals before.

Saying Bron will never make the Finals again is absolutely absurd. He Plays junior varsity in the regular season. its not difficult for a team he is on to blow through a conference of garbage teams. Bron is that good where he can do that basicaly on his own.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom