• Warriors in 6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors in 7

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He shouldn't, this series would be over already had the adjustment been made earlier.

There's no reason this Warriors team should have dropped 2 games to this Cavs team.

Putting Iggy into the starting lineup wasn't his idea, either.

Obv he's the HC and has final say, but still.

He shouldn't, this series would be over already had the adjustment been made earlier.

There's no reason this Warriors team should have dropped 2 games to this Cavs team.

Putting Iggy into the starting lineup wasn't his idea, either.

Obv he's the HC and has final say, but still.

true, i heard it was the warriors video-person who suggested the adjustment. nevertheless, replacing your best (though whooped) big man with an undersized PF in iggy to play against mosgov is a risky move in my opinion. i could see other coaches deciding against it or to replacing bogut with festus instead. in kerr's situation, you're either hero or goat.

nthat.gif
pimp.gif
smokin.gif

real mvp is steve kerr, not just this series, but the entire playoffs. the man has consistently made the right adjustments after the team loses. giving tony allen the rondo treatment and then replacing bogut with iggy in the finals. playing small ball is definitely forcing the hand of blatt. sure, warriors role players are stepping up, especially amidst mediocre play by klay and steph sleep walking through the first 3 games, but the warriors win the finals due to great coaching.
Gentry deserves credit too. Cant wait to see what he does with the Brow :smokin

We've seen teams have success against LBJ in The Finals w/ small lineups, tho, that's why I don't get why it took so long for the adjustment to happen.

Barea over Stevenson in 2011 and then Diaw over Splitter last year.

It's tough to win when you aren't getting O from your bigs because the D will flat out ignore them on that end.

G1-3 all I saw was Steph/Klay getting harassed and Cleveland ignoring everyone else, :lol:

This is part of the reason OKC got destroyed back in 2012, they got nothing from Perkins on that end.

I don't think Ibaka gave them much offensively, either, but maybe I'm wrong.

I know for a fact Perkins stunk up the joint, tho, :lol:

Anyway, I'm shocked this is even going to a G6 and I'll be pretty shocked if Cleveland finds a way to force 7.

this is kendrick perkin's 4th nba finals

he has played for 3 teams and gone to the finals with all 3

GOAT 

Lebron will push it to 7.
It's hard to close out your first series in the Finals on the first opportunity.
If GSW closes, it won't be on their first try in Cleveland, it will be back in Oracle.

Last edited:
@Hyper, exactly why every okc fan on here hates brooks.. Not only did dude continue to play Perkins 25 mins per with evidence of what was going on in that series.. Dude had to have know the state of Perkins' groin

The 2 lineups Scotty should have used the most in that series are:

Westbrook-harden-kd-ibaka-collison

Westbrook-harden-thabo-kd-ibaka (with the 3rd being this lineup with collison in for ibaka)

Even with harden playing like doodoo.. It would still have forced wade to guard someone on the offensive end, instead of just cheating off on thabo and resting for offense

The real credit goes to DipsetGeneral. He called for inserting Iggy in to the starting lineup before the series even started. 

Last edited:
With the frenetic abandon that russ plays with, if he switched places with lebron the warriors would absolutely destroy the cavs. 4-0 by 20 plus.

But then again, I don't think a russ wess led team would have defeated the bulls or the hawks anyway. A russ west led team would be a lower tier playoff team in the east, and a non playoff team in the west

If you look at just the numbers, then yeah "russ wes was doing the same thing lebron is doing but yall killed him for it!" But its deeper than that. In my opinion, quality of shot matters and the fact that bron is taking most of his shots with under 10 on the timer and it being close to the rim is a relatively high quality shot for the cavs, given the circumstances for the cavs.

All 15-34 shooting games are not created equal, especially against a team as great as gsw

I believe mj flu game he was 15 for 35

The real credit goes to DipsetGeneral. He called for inserting Iggy in to the starting lineup before the series even started. 

I know a lot of people that were calling for it.

The problem is that coaches get married to lineups/strategies.

I understand the logic, because if you're in The Finals you're doing something right, but it shouldn't take nearly half a series for you to realize that your OG gameplan is butt.

@Hyper, exactly why every okc fan on here hates brooks.. Not only did dude continue to play Perkins 25 mins per with evidence of what was going on in that series.. Dude had to have know the state of Perkins' groin

The 2 lineups Scotty should have used the most in that series are:

Westbrook-harden-kd-ibaka-collison

Westbrook-harden-thabo-kd-ibaka (with the 3rd being this lineup with collison in for ibaka)

Even with harden playing like doodoo.. It would still have forced wade to guard someone on the offensive end, instead of just cheating off on thabo and resting for offense

Don't get me started on Brooks, man.

Sickens me that he and Phil Jackson have the same amount of COTY's.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys are doing wayyyyy too much with all this over analytical stuff with Bron! The guy is out here ballin. Taking and hitting shots he used to shy away from, stepping up in big moments, etcetera and yall on field goals?

Let dude shine, my goodness! He will probably not win this series but man come on now...

I only have an issue with his excessive traveling that does not get called and his recent verbal cocky banter but other than that if you cannot appreciate what dude has been doing lately then turn the game off, go watch hockey!

I need Scotty to get hired by another team.. Just so I can continue to post this (will be far more enjoyable when he isn't coaching my team):

You guys are doing wayyyyy too much with all this over analytical stuff with Bron! The guy is out here ballin. Taking and hitting shots he used to shy away from, stepping up in big moments, etcetera and yall on field goals?

Let dude shine, my goodness! He will probably not win this series but man come on now...

I only have an issue with his excessive traveling that does not get called and his recent verbal cocky banter but other than that if you cannot appreciate what dude has been doing lately then turn the game off, go watch hockey!

Watch it, bruh.

Playoff hockey >

I know a lot of people that were calling for it.

The problem is that coaches get married to lineups/strategies.

I understand the logic, because if you're in The Finals you're doing something right, but it shouldn't take nearly half a series for you to realize that your OG gameplan is butt.

Which is why Kerr deserves a lot of credit for sticking with it after the terrible start to Game 4. Especially since the recommendation came from the video guy.

Given what was one the line, the majority of coaches would've went back to their original lineup if faced with that situation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom