• Warriors in 6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors in 7

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The real credit goes to DipsetGeneral. He called for inserting Iggy in to the starting lineup before the series even started. 

I know a lot of people that were calling for it.

The problem is that coaches get married to lineups/strategies.

I understand the logic, because if you're in The Finals you're doing something right, but it shouldn't take nearly half a series for you to realize that your OG gameplan is butt.

Which is why Kerr deserves a lot of credit for sticking with it after the terrible start to Game 4. Especially since the recommendation came from the video guy.

Given what was one the line, the majority of coaches would've went back to their original lineup if faced with that situation.

Qft. When Cavs went on that 7-0 start, it would've been easy to say, "Welps, we tried. Obviously, it doesn't work."

Talk about Kerr took half a series to change strategies. Too many coaches wouldn't have listened to the video guy to begin with.

The real credit goes to DipsetGeneral. He called for inserting Iggy in to the starting lineup before the series even started. 

I understand the logic, because if you're in The Finals you're doing something right, but it shouldn't take nearly half a series for you to realize that your OG gameplan is butt.

Which is why Kerr deserves a lot of credit for sticking with it after the terrible start to Game 4. Especially since the recommendation came from the video guy.

Given what was one the line, the majority of coaches would've went back to their original lineup if faced with that situation.

Qft. When Cavs went on that 7-0 start, it would've been easy to say, "Welps, we tried. Obviously, it doesn't work."

Talk about Kerr took half a series to change strategies. Too many coaches wouldn't have listened to the video guy to begin with.

Yea, because Kerr's gameplan for games 1-3 was clearly working, :lol:

Cleveland was in control for 90% of the series up until that point, but you wanted him to revert to the old strategy over a measly 7-0 run?

Alrighty then.

Yea, because Kerr's gameplan for games 1-3 was clearly working, :lol:

Cleveland was in control for 90% of the series up until that point, but you wanted him to revert to the old strategy over a measly 7-0 run?

Alrighty then.

Lol, you completely missed the point. Completely.

Yea, because Kerr's gameplan for games 1-3 was clearly working,
laugh.gif

Alrighty then.
Neither of them said that was what they wanted. They gave him props for sticking to the new gameplan when at first it didn't look like it was working.

I understand that, but what was he supposed to do?

His hand was forced, he couldn't go back to something that wasn't working over a 7-0 run.

Last edited by a moderator:
antidope antidope , it's game 6 now and Cavs are down, do you think They will give M.Miller a bigger role?

I think it was you and who called for this before the series started.

His hand was forced, he couldn't go back to something that wasn't working over a 7-0 run.

Hindsight is 20/20. Sure, we know that what the Dubs was doing over the first 3 games wasn't working, but at the time of the 7-0 run, no one knew yet that the small ball lineup was the answer. The solution could've been something else.

@antidope, it's game 6 now and Cavs are down, do you think They will give M.Miller a bigger role?

I think it was you and who called for this before the series started.
Its not happening. David Blatts rotations have all been reactionary, nothing proactive. 

Or should I say LeBrons rotations.

It wasn't just a 7-0 run. It was a 7-0 run on the road, in a hostile environment, down 2-1 in the finals.

If he went back to his original lineup during that tv break, no one would've questioned it.

i do like that bogut has not played a single minute after starting the series off with his best garbage can impression 

The funny thing is for the past few years the Warriors playoff chances always began and ended with "if Bogut could stay healthy..."

If Steph Curry wins this finals, is he already among the GOAT for PGs?
You guys have a field day every time LeBron loses to a more likable player. 
laugh.gif

He didn't even play against a healthy PG all postseason. Jrue Holiday was hurt, Conley was hurt, Patrick Beverley was hurt. He didn't play Westbrook, Lillard, Parker, or Chris Paul. Things really need to be put into perspective. He's on his way, he had a storybook season, and certainly put his name in the history books of the NBA. but one of the GOAT? Let's wait a bit. 

Hell of a game by Steph last night these games have been a roller coaster ride.

I hope Cleveland can win in 7 gonna take a superman effort from LeBron and some hot role players tho.

I'm glad LeBron hasn't been timid and has laid it all on the line this series really a performance to be proud of.

GS is deep and very talented, Kerr has made some great adjustments too.

I still can't understand how people are saying that if the Cavs loose Lebron still should get the MVP?

Someone please explain .... Don't come with stats.

I want to know how you think a person on a loosing team should get the MVP?

I still can't understand how people are saying that if the Cavs loose Lebron still should get the MVP?

It's not like it hasn't happened before.

Let's be real he's clearly the best and most valuable player on the floor this series.

And how do you ask for an explanation without any stats? :rofl:

But winning and being the most valuable player aren't the same thing

I dont think it happens man, theres enough to support either Curry or Iggy getting this award.

Regards to Jerry West, I spoke about that last week.

The Jerry West MVP is funny to laugh at, but it set the precedent for this line of thinking. The Finals MVP being on a losing team is a dream, it will never happen again. There will always be someone who you can make enough of an argument for on the winning team to where they wont need to do that. One thing we also have to remember is that the Jerry West Finals MVP year was THE FIRST year that the award was even given out. There was no established line of thinking at the time as to how the winner should be decided, and if there was an established criteria, Hondo would have gotten it. He was getting 28-11-4 and they won. So again, there will never be another NBA Finals MVP on a losing team, it was a fluke due to lack of experience with the award.

The Finals MVP isnt going to a loser, the criteria for the award has been established, its the player who contributes the most to the team that WINS the Finals

They're called stans/closet stans.

He's not winning it if they lose.

Last edited:

Dude is averaging a 40 point triple double in the finals.

Win or lose, he's the most valuable guy on the floor.

It's happened before. Jerry West got it in an L. Lebrons career is actually almost mimicking Wests.

I personally believe the MVP should go to the most valuable player to the winning team. But I understand how and why it would go to the guys from another team too.

Last edited:
Please stop using Jerry West as an example or a reason why LeBron should win it. Read Antidope's post. It isn't happening so go ahead and lose that noise.

15d04nq.png

:x

No argument from me if he does win the MVP. He's been the best player on the floor in the Finals.

Regards to Jerry West, I spoke about that last week.

... One thing we also have to remember is that the Jerry West Finals MVP year was THE FIRST year that the award was even given out. There was no established line of thinking at the time as to how the winner should be decided, and if there was an established criteria, Hondo would have gotten it. He was getting 28-11-4 and they won. So again, there will never be another NBA Finals MVP on a losing team, it was a fluke due to lack of experience with the award.
I actually didn't know that. Props Antidope. That explains their rationale lol. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom