• Warriors in 6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors in 7

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name="amel223"]Don't eem know how I can catch the game tonight so don't eem care

*edit Maybe stream the game on my phone? OK, I care again[/quote] Why not? It's on ABC.

What time is socially acceptable to begin pre-gaming the Finals?

Is 5 pm still the gentleman's drinking hour?
I don't drink...

But the wake and bake started about an hour ago...
pimp.gif

smokin.gif

All day...
smokin.gif

[quote name="amel223"]Don't eem know how I can catch the game tonight so don't eem care

*edit Maybe stream the game on my phone? OK, I care again
Why not? It's on ABC.[/quote]

Going out on a beach trip tonight. I suppose I could chill in my hotel room but that'd probably piss everyone off

Last Tuesday a group of leading sports scientists gathered in Northern England to watch the NBA Finals.

That wasn't the intended reason for the gathering. The idea was for top trainers and scientists, from teams like the Premier League's Northampton and Manchester United along with England, Scotland and Welsh Rugby clubs, to hear from Michael Young, Ph.D., noted expert from the Athletic Lab. They wanted to learn what the latest research said about keeping highly paid athletes healthy and at their competitive best.

But the two-day workshop was overrun with talk of, and concern for, LeBron James. The worry begins with a baseline of "stress" -- that's their term -- surrounding all NBA players. Sports science has exploded in recent years with evidence that things like mucked up sleep, air travel, and densely scheduled games put players in jeopardy. The NBA is elite in all categories.

"It's unfathomable to go across the country from Cleveland to San Francisco -- at the very least a five-hour flight -- and then play 50 minutes in a game the next day," Young says. "You don't see that in any other sport. The travel stress alone can be debilitating.

"And then you add to the fact that basically it's a one-man team at this point, and the mental and physical burden, it's just overwhelming," Young says.

Young remembers watching Game 3 while the trainers geeked out over the stamina of James, who was coming off two straight overtime games, including 50 minutes in Game 2. This was the party where people were dying to know LeBron's HRV (heart rate variability) scores -- that would measure his bodily stress levels. There was speculation about his OmegaWave outputs, which is a measure of neurological fatigue.

But mostly they just wanted to know how he could keep going at all.

Lebron James' Unfathomable Workload

What do you guys think is more of a workload... Nba finals or nhl finals? The schedules are similar. I realize nhl players don't log as many minutes in a standard game, but nhl playoff games sometimes go to multiple overtimes. Tampa bay and Chicago have had multiple 7 game series thought the playoffs this year.

[quote name="amel223"][quote name="DarthSka"][quote name="amel223"]Don't eem know how I can catch the game tonight so don't eem care

*edit Maybe stream the game on my phone? OK, I care again[/quote] Why not? It's on ABC.[/quote]Going out on a beach trip tonight. I suppose I could chill in my hotel room but that'd probably piss everyone off[/quote] Just catch the second half. Chill with your friends, head up to the hotel like an hour and a half/hour 45 after gametime.

Happy Finals Day, all. :smokin

GSW ends the day one win away from being one win away.

Expecting another dominant performance.
if they win today they would only be one win away.

The joke didn't go over my head but still.

Last edited:
Just catch the second half. Chill with your friends, head up to the hotel like an hour and a half/hour 45 after gametime.
keep taps on your phone if GS is up by 15 at any point just stay with your friends ... If the game is close mid 3rd, head back.

Personally if GS was up by 6 mid 3rd I would just stay chilling with friends... I know the outcome.

What do you guys think is more of a workload... Nba finals or nhl finals? The schedules are similar. I realize nhl players don't log as many minutes in a standard game, but nhl playoff games sometimes go to multiple overtimes. Tampa bay and Chicago have had multiple 7 game series thought the playoffs this year.
nhl without a doubt. 1 it's actually a contact sport. 2 it's high octane from game 1 of the first round to the very last second of the cup. 3 it's much more demanding to make it through the entire season and postseason than the nba. nba finals aren't even as much of a workload as the world series.

I'm still crying at the thought of Lebron being slipped a razor blade by the ref and cutting himself :rofl:

[quote name="Keko Jones"][quote name="DarthSka"]Just catch the second half. Chill with your friends, head up to the hotel like an hour and a half/hour 45 after gametime.[/quote]keep taps on your phone if GS is up by 15 at any point just stay with your friends ... If the game is close mid 3rd, head back.[/quote]Yeah, that. Perfect.

What time is socially acceptable to begin pre-gaming the Finals?

Is 5 pm still the gentleman's drinking hour?
View media item 1581594

It is in my house - maybe creeping up to 4:45 on the weekends.

Also, count me in on team PB&J. One of my favorite things to eat. My preferred method is chunky peanut butter, no sugar strawberry preserves on toasted sourdough. Serve with icy cold milk. Perfection.

U guys mean chunky or crunchy?

I'll take either, but If u gave me a choice, I'm goin crunchy

I frown upon Grape Jelly

Strawberry Jam/Preservatives or bust

And yes, icy cold Almond Milk

i like the chunky peanut butter they sell at whole foods :pimp:

:lol:. That's exactly the one I had in mind when I wrote that. Not to oily or sweet, lots of crunch. Good stuff. Plus shopping at Whole Foods is usually an anjoyable experience itself - nice eye candy in there most times.

[quote name="GOD KING 300"][quote name="EarldaGoat"]Top right next to your messages and account info.[/quote]I'm on mobile[/quote]On the right side of the red NikeTalk banner at the top of the page, there's a square w/ an arrow pointing to the right. Click that.

Options will come out.

One of them is 'Unsubscribe.'

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom