Nintendo to Unveil Next-Gen Console at e3 2011 vol. Here we go

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Not a gimmick like the Wii? Sure.
eyes.gif

And I'm not sure how Nintendo's faithful would take to seeing Mario in a first-person shooter splaying King Koopa everywhere.

This could be Nintendo's first fail in a while. But they ARE Nintendo.

Would love to see Sega get back in the fold. Ah well.
Have you played an N64? It had a perfect balance of games for everyone. Nintendo has delivered before, and they can do it again. 
People are blinded by the Wii and think nintendo can't make a great system anymore.

But people also forgot how horrible the original xbox was... 

Honestly, Nintendo has the best chance of making a console that can dominate the market. Because the original NES/SNES/N64 were all balanced out systems with games that catered to everyone. 

If you think developers wont want to hop on board with nintendo if they create a system thats powerful enough to be considered better than the 360 and ps3 then you're crazy. Because if this system truly is this great graphics wise, and nintendo created a great controller to match it, developers will be lining up. All it takes is for COD to come to the console and its RIP for the next couple years. 

Developers and consumers already know, NINTENDO GETS MONEY. Who wouldn't want to ride that train? 

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Not a gimmick like the Wii? Sure.
eyes.gif

And I'm not sure how Nintendo's faithful would take to seeing Mario in a first-person shooter splaying King Koopa everywhere.

This could be Nintendo's first fail in a while. But they ARE Nintendo.

Would love to see Sega get back in the fold. Ah well.
Have you played an N64? It had a perfect balance of games for everyone. Nintendo has delivered before, and they can do it again. 
People are blinded by the Wii and think nintendo can't make a great system anymore.

But people also forgot how horrible the original xbox was... 

Honestly, Nintendo has the best chance of making a console that can dominate the market. Because the original NES/SNES/N64 were all balanced out systems with games that catered to everyone. 

If you think developers wont want to hop on board with nintendo if they create a system thats powerful enough to be considered better than the 360 and ps3 then you're crazy. Because if this system truly is this great graphics wise, and nintendo created a great controller to match it, developers will be lining up. All it takes is for COD to come to the console and its RIP for the next couple years. 

Developers and consumers already know, NINTENDO GETS MONEY. Who wouldn't want to ride that train? 

Forget Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft.

Steve Jobs and Apple are gonna come out with the BEST next-gen console. Best believe that!

Apple's Next-Gen Gaming Console (rumored specs)
*As powerful, if not more, than the Nintendo Gamecube
*One button controller
*Sleek looking aluminum casing
*Simple to use
*Runs Mac OX Bobcat
*Retail cost: $1699.99
*Releasing 2012

apple-console.jpg
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Steve Jobs and Apple are gonna come out with the BEST next-gen console. Best believe that!

*One button controller
*Simple to use
*Runs Mac OX Bobcat
*Releasing 2012

apple-console.jpg
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

I'm surprised at the amount of people in here who don't know that Nintendo crushed this generation in sales and profit margins. Granted, I sold my Wii after buying a launch one because there was hardly any support for it in 2009, I will definitely be interested in picking up a new console given that Nintendo remains innovative and focused on quality games.

You're still missing the point of everyone's post.

Nobody's denying Nintendo's sales figures.

I'm questioning their new venture back into the hardcore gaming market that's online multiplayer rich with exceptionally higher visuals.
If that's the question you're posing then I don't understand the concern. If you're defining the 'hardcore' market as the fans who play games relentlessly and care passionately about them, then Nintendo has them. Nintendo has had their particular group of hardcore fans this entire time: sales in Japan reflect this and the rise of American sales prove only that they've also staked their claim in the 'casual' market, people who don't normally play video games. What many people fail to grasp is that Nintendo's first party games are what bring their faithful fans back, not third party support. Anyone buying a Nintendo system with third party support first in mind is setting themselves up for disappointment.

Given the online situation, I would assume that Nintendo would significantly improve their online structure after a generation of seeing the PSN and Xbox Live do an exceptional job. I personally wouldn't expect the same mediocre online play, and given Nintendo's more recent track record of adapting to the desire of their audience I don't think anyone else should either. Also, it's important to remember that Nintendo had arguably the best system graphically last generation with the Gamecube (I understand the Xbox is generally considered more powerful, but there were certain measures of graphics/power that the GC exceeded it in). There's no reason to believe that Nintendo would shy away from powerful graphics if they believe they can incorporate it with whatever their vision of the next generation of gameplay will be.

I'm surprised at the amount of people in here who don't know that Nintendo crushed this generation in sales and profit margins. Granted, I sold my Wii after buying a launch one because there was hardly any support for it in 2009, I will definitely be interested in picking up a new console given that Nintendo remains innovative and focused on quality games.

I'm questioning their new venture back into the hardcore gaming market that's online multiplayer rich with exceptionally higher visuals.
If that's the question you're posing then I don't understand the concern. If you're defining the 'hardcore' market as the fans who play games relentlessly and care passionately about them, then Nintendo has them. Nintendo has had their particular group of hardcore fans this entire time: sales in Japan reflect this and the rise of American sales prove only that they've also staked their claim in the 'casual' market, people who don't normally play video games. What many people fail to grasp is that Nintendo's first party games are what bring their faithful fans back, not third party support. Anyone buying a Nintendo system with third party support first in mind is setting themselves up for disappointment.

Given the online situation, I would assume that Nintendo would significantly improve their online structure after a generation of seeing the PSN and Xbox Live do an exceptional job. I personally wouldn't expect the same mediocre online play, and given Nintendo's more recent track record of adapting to the desire of their audience I don't think anyone else should either. Also, it's important to remember that Nintendo had arguably the best system graphically last generation with the Gamecube (I understand the Xbox is generally considered more powerful, but there were certain measures of graphics/power that the GC exceeded it in). There's no reason to believe that Nintendo would shy away from powerful graphics if they believe they can incorporate it with whatever their vision of the next generation of gameplay will be.

I hope you're right.

I hope you're right.

Originally Posted by eddiee21

*One button controller
*Simple to use
*Runs Mac OX Bobcat
*Releasing 2012

apple-console.jpg
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
They will probably release one yearly until the processor, memory, and graphics reach the level of power the ipad 2 has
eek.gif

they will probably price it at 3k tho...cause of the unmatched "experience" and the $500 limited warranty since apple products never die

Originally Posted by eddiee21

*One button controller
*Simple to use
*Runs Mac OX Bobcat
*Releasing 2012

apple-console.jpg
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
They will probably release one yearly until the processor, memory, and graphics reach the level of power the ipad 2 has
eek.gif

they will probably price it at 3k tho...cause of the unmatched "experience" and the $500 limited warranty since apple products never die

i'm good, Wii didn't do #%#+ for me and they have to prove that they will not be a gimmick again. My Will collects so much dust smh

i'm good, Wii didn't do #%#+ for me and they have to prove that they will not be a gimmick again. My Will collects so much dust smh

I just feel like Nintendo are a tad too late when it comes to HD consoles. While Nintendo is working on competing with the Xbox 360 and the PS3, Sony is working on the PS4 and Microsoft is working on the Xbox whatever. Don't forget about the rumor that Apple plan on turning the Apple TV into a gaming console.

I just feel like Nintendo are a tad too late when it comes to HD consoles. While Nintendo is working on competing with the Xbox 360 and the PS3, Sony is working on the PS4 and Microsoft is working on the Xbox whatever. Don't forget about the rumor that Apple plan on turning the Apple TV into a gaming console.

@ some of these replies.

*Cracks knuckles*
[F.M.Flex] BE CLEAR! [/F.M.Flex]
The breaking news here is that  Nintendo is putting screens in their controllers, they will announce more features at E3......that's it. Anyone following the industry has heard about a "Wii HD" since 2009(so that isn't NEWs, don't believe me?

Second, the statement about the average age for gamers. Subtract PC gamers, and children outnumber you 2:1, maybe even 3.Because of how most American children are raised,no customer is more valued, they have no bills, no children of their own (obviously), they don't pay for their own food, they have no responsibility, if not satisfied they will kick/scream/cry until you get them what they want.. Hence Disney's financial success in human history. Nintendo's biggest market is children/families that are raising children.

Now to continue, let us discuss this "significantly more powerful.." quote. There are a number of NT'ers with a console "significantly" more powerful than the PS3 or XBOX 360...... it's called a Personal Computer. The CPU's and GPU's on the market right now run laps around current gen consoles. Humor me and (if you are on a windows operated pc) right click My computer (or Computer for Vista and 7 users) and click properties.
Look towards the bottom and read the portion that says _____ of RAM. Does it say 512 MB of RAM? Maybe 1 GB or more GB of RAM? Congratulations, you are using a computer probably 2-4 times more memory than the coveted Sony Playstation 3
laugh.gif
; which by the way has only 256 MB. I'm not going to make a long winded specification comparison, but chances are if you purchased a PC in or after 2008 capable of playing PC games, anything the PS3 can do it can do better. (Save for being part of a supercomputer cluster but that's another convo.) So when quotes like the one mentioned above are said,I reserve judgment until I get system specs. Significantly more powerful than PS3 could mean anything from a PC on sale at Best buy this very moment or new technology still under development.

Please rest assured, Nintendo isn't going to sell you anything you cannot get already on the market right now except for standard definition samequels of games you have already purchased. "Standard" pertaining to industry standard ie: High Definition content.

Are you going to reward Nintendo for playing catch-up with the rest of the industry by purchasing a console they should have released in 2006?

NT'er: "Hey Supr"
Me: Oh, why hello there my NT brethren what seems to be troubling you?
NT'er: "What's a "samequel?"
Me: *Chuckle*, A samequel my friend is a term I coined for an advertised "sequel" to any entertainment media with the same features that differs by it's predecessor by a few hairs or details such as an updated visual presentation (graphics in this case) or added/altered plot device, among other things."

Ocarina of Time 3D? Samequel
Mario Kart 9000? Samequel

Nostalgia is a wonderful thing, are you willing to pay $400+ for it? You're off your rocker if you think $250 is what it will take to get the new system like the Wii back in 06, the 3ds costs that much right now( a handheld system). All you're going to get at E3 from Nintendo is extra polished screens and clips of your favorite nintendo characters and promises to rock the foundation of gaming. When the games are released it's the same game just a little prettier, the same kind of "pretty" the PS3 or 360 has already been delivering.

Nintendo at this point is the closest videogame company counterpart to the Cash Money recording company. Walk with me now, they both started out really small, (CM selling albums out of their trunk/Ninty selling trading cards).
         Today both pay little to the middle-man (CM keeps all of their master and 75% of their royalties,new signees get scraps) (Ninty produces 75% of the games released for their console and serve as their own publisher, you have to pay tens of thousands of dollars for a third party development kit+strict wii ware stipulations)
        Lil Wayne and Mario are constantly putting out the same/similar content. (Super Mario remakes and anniversary editions/A millie, 6'7)
Supporting characters get very little solo projects released (Wario/C.Falcon)/(Jae Millz/Tyga).
Baby=Satoru Iwata/Slim=Shigeru Miyamoto, Baby/Iwata stay in the limelight and create nothing worthy of notice. Slim/Miyamoto stay in the shadows and keep the company a well oiled machine.

I could keep going but I want to see some more replies. Nintendo care about hardcore gamers?
laugh.gif
No, they care about the hundreds of studios that stopped making Wii games and how they can get those same developers to buy a dev kit this time around.

As for Brawl, it is the ONLY reason I bought a Wii, alas the game was a disappointment. I'd rather there be no sequel to Brawl then one that's lackluster But there's a silver lining for all you Melee fans: Project M.
I wont even touch the online multi-player topic with Nintendo, it isn't going to get better than what we have now with other consoles. They should only boast about better, not same or similar, would you celebrate a tie game with a friend of yours in a sport? I didn't think so.

Surprise me Nintendo.
Spoiler [+]
Supr out.

@ some of these replies.

*Cracks knuckles*
[F.M.Flex] BE CLEAR! [/F.M.Flex]
The breaking news here is that  Nintendo is putting screens in their controllers, they will announce more features at E3......that's it. Anyone following the industry has heard about a "Wii HD" since 2009(so that isn't NEWs, don't believe me?

Second, the statement about the average age for gamers. Subtract PC gamers, and children outnumber you 2:1, maybe even 3.Because of how most American children are raised,no customer is more valued, they have no bills, no children of their own (obviously), they don't pay for their own food, they have no responsibility, if not satisfied they will kick/scream/cry until you get them what they want.. Hence Disney's financial success in human history. Nintendo's biggest market is children/families that are raising children.

Now to continue, let us discuss this "significantly more powerful.." quote. There are a number of NT'ers with a console "significantly" more powerful than the PS3 or XBOX 360...... it's called a Personal Computer. The CPU's and GPU's on the market right now run laps around current gen consoles. Humor me and (if you are on a windows operated pc) right click My computer (or Computer for Vista and 7 users) and click properties.
Look towards the bottom and read the portion that says _____ of RAM. Does it say 512 MB of RAM? Maybe 1 GB or more GB of RAM? Congratulations, you are using a computer probably 2-4 times more memory than the coveted Sony Playstation 3
laugh.gif
; which by the way has only 256 MB. I'm not going to make a long winded specification comparison, but chances are if you purchased a PC in or after 2008 capable of playing PC games, anything the PS3 can do it can do better. (Save for being part of a supercomputer cluster but that's another convo.) So when quotes like the one mentioned above are said,I reserve judgment until I get system specs. Significantly more powerful than PS3 could mean anything from a PC on sale at Best buy this very moment or new technology still under development.

Please rest assured, Nintendo isn't going to sell you anything you cannot get already on the market right now except for standard definition samequels of games you have already purchased. "Standard" pertaining to industry standard ie: High Definition content.

Are you going to reward Nintendo for playing catch-up with the rest of the industry by purchasing a console they should have released in 2006?

NT'er: "Hey Supr"
Me: Oh, why hello there my NT brethren what seems to be troubling you?
NT'er: "What's a "samequel?"
Me: *Chuckle*, A samequel my friend is a term I coined for an advertised "sequel" to any entertainment media with the same features that differs by it's predecessor by a few hairs or details such as an updated visual presentation (graphics in this case) or added/altered plot device, among other things."

Ocarina of Time 3D? Samequel
Mario Kart 9000? Samequel

Nostalgia is a wonderful thing, are you willing to pay $400+ for it? You're off your rocker if you think $250 is what it will take to get the new system like the Wii back in 06, the 3ds costs that much right now( a handheld system). All you're going to get at E3 from Nintendo is extra polished screens and clips of your favorite nintendo characters and promises to rock the foundation of gaming. When the games are released it's the same game just a little prettier, the same kind of "pretty" the PS3 or 360 has already been delivering.

Nintendo at this point is the closest videogame company counterpart to the Cash Money recording company. Walk with me now, they both started out really small, (CM selling albums out of their trunk/Ninty selling trading cards).
         Today both pay little to the middle-man (CM keeps all of their master and 75% of their royalties,new signees get scraps) (Ninty produces 75% of the games released for their console and serve as their own publisher, you have to pay tens of thousands of dollars for a third party development kit+strict wii ware stipulations)
        Lil Wayne and Mario are constantly putting out the same/similar content. (Super Mario remakes and anniversary editions/A millie, 6'7)
Supporting characters get very little solo projects released (Wario/C.Falcon)/(Jae Millz/Tyga).
Baby=Satoru Iwata/Slim=Shigeru Miyamoto, Baby/Iwata stay in the limelight and create nothing worthy of notice. Slim/Miyamoto stay in the shadows and keep the company a well oiled machine.

I could keep going but I want to see some more replies. Nintendo care about hardcore gamers?
laugh.gif
No, they care about the hundreds of studios that stopped making Wii games and how they can get those same developers to buy a dev kit this time around.

As for Brawl, it is the ONLY reason I bought a Wii, alas the game was a disappointment. I'd rather there be no sequel to Brawl then one that's lackluster But there's a silver lining for all you Melee fans: Project M.
I wont even touch the online multi-player topic with Nintendo, it isn't going to get better than what we have now with other consoles. They should only boast about better, not same or similar, would you celebrate a tie game with a friend of yours in a sport? I didn't think so.

Surprise me Nintendo.
Spoiler [+]
Supr out.

Back
Top Bottom