Nintendo to Unveil Next-Gen Console at e3 2011 vol. Here we go

Everytime I buy a Nintendo console I regret the lack of 3rd party software, but I'll keep posted on this one...

Everytime I buy a Nintendo console I regret the lack of 3rd party software, but I'll keep posted on this one...

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

imo no next gen console should be worth 399 +
My exact thoughts in 2006....even now.

But I doubt any of the next gen consoles will be below that.

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

imo no next gen console should be worth 399 +
My exact thoughts in 2006....even now.

But I doubt any of the next gen consoles will be below that.

No matter what i will buy probably end up buying it
laugh.gif

Now if only Xbox and Playstation can differentiate themselves so I can justify getting both...

No matter what i will buy probably end up buying it
laugh.gif

Now if only Xbox and Playstation can differentiate themselves so I can justify getting both...

Originally Posted by Stuntman Mike

Originally Posted by SuprDuperFly
ninteno mii avy 
laugh.gif
Like I said, the Wii is most like the last time I buy a console from them.
For the record, the miis were a cool idea. Mine will always be my avy.
I know I said I was leaving but I had to check again.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Stuntman Mike

Originally Posted by SuprDuperFly
ninteno mii avy 
laugh.gif
Like I said, the Wii is most like the last time I buy a console from them.
For the record, the miis were a cool idea. Mine will always be my avy.
I know I said I was leaving but I had to check again.
grin.gif

If they can step up the third party support and the online play i'd consider. Those were the two downfalls of the Wii, not to mention the crappy graphics. Not saying graphics are everything but with the age of high definition being the standard now and come across a good game or good series of games like Zelda and see the 480p graphics stretched on a 40+ inch tv you can't help but
eyes.gif

If they can step up the third party support and the online play i'd consider. Those were the two downfalls of the Wii, not to mention the crappy graphics. Not saying graphics are everything but with the age of high definition being the standard now and come across a good game or good series of games like Zelda and see the 480p graphics stretched on a 40+ inch tv you can't help but
eyes.gif

As a company Nintendo win this battle imo. But the Wii will sell until parents and their kids get on board with the Kinect and move. That isnt happening as long as an Xbox with Kinect cost $300 and an PS3 with move is $349. When I bought my Niece and Nephews a Wii this past Christmas I considered their age and price. and the Wii made the most sense. That plus their first party games makes them the most stable interms of making video games. Adding a "hardcore" gaming/ mltimedia system that caters to a market that is waiting to get started again is going to work especially considering that Microsoft and Sony might not have even started development.

That being said Nintendo's refusal/ inability as a company to take a loss on a console for a while is what will hinder them.

If you make a list of what you want in a next gen console what do you want?

HD support
Blueray
Multimedia cababilities
As far as im concerned Im at bare minimum watching, however a screen that will cost an extra amount and the ability to play an handheld on the tv arent going to be what attracts me to this system. As far as im concerned I want something like Google TV, Motion sensing tech, 1gb hard drive, a new evolution of the quality of console games meaning better graphics etc. I want signifigant 3rd party support at launch, meaning all the sports games, a new COD etc. and since Nintendo will insist on giving me this screen I want it to be a touch screen and I want to have at least 3 different screen size options by year 2, with bug free wireless streaming to my TV as an launch capability with included adaptor for my TV.
The PC versions of wireless adaptors to tv are $200, at launch time there might be one at $150 with the price Nintendo charges us being something like $100.
Blueray will cost at least 30-40 bucks to put in with a upfront cost to developing the first party games. Full body motion will be $100 and the Harddrive will be $25 bucks cost and the list goes on and on. and the most messed up part of the equation is that the most signifigant aspect of the system will have to be the games and Microsoft took a loss for only the 2nd best graphics with the 360. In order to have the best as of now it will be at least $200 bucks in cost to us.

The bottom line is that inorder to create a next gen console it would be $800 as of now. Inorder for Nintendo to produce a console that at least will get them into the 7th generation and be worthwhile is going to be about $400 regardless of what my fiances are going to be I aint spending $400 for something new that I can already somewhat create ( for more money though) now.

As a company Nintendo win this battle imo. But the Wii will sell until parents and their kids get on board with the Kinect and move. That isnt happening as long as an Xbox with Kinect cost $300 and an PS3 with move is $349. When I bought my Niece and Nephews a Wii this past Christmas I considered their age and price. and the Wii made the most sense. That plus their first party games makes them the most stable interms of making video games. Adding a "hardcore" gaming/ mltimedia system that caters to a market that is waiting to get started again is going to work especially considering that Microsoft and Sony might not have even started development.

That being said Nintendo's refusal/ inability as a company to take a loss on a console for a while is what will hinder them.

If you make a list of what you want in a next gen console what do you want?

HD support
Blueray
Multimedia cababilities
As far as im concerned Im at bare minimum watching, however a screen that will cost an extra amount and the ability to play an handheld on the tv arent going to be what attracts me to this system. As far as im concerned I want something like Google TV, Motion sensing tech, 1gb hard drive, a new evolution of the quality of console games meaning better graphics etc. I want signifigant 3rd party support at launch, meaning all the sports games, a new COD etc. and since Nintendo will insist on giving me this screen I want it to be a touch screen and I want to have at least 3 different screen size options by year 2, with bug free wireless streaming to my TV as an launch capability with included adaptor for my TV.
The PC versions of wireless adaptors to tv are $200, at launch time there might be one at $150 with the price Nintendo charges us being something like $100.
Blueray will cost at least 30-40 bucks to put in with a upfront cost to developing the first party games. Full body motion will be $100 and the Harddrive will be $25 bucks cost and the list goes on and on. and the most messed up part of the equation is that the most signifigant aspect of the system will have to be the games and Microsoft took a loss for only the 2nd best graphics with the 360. In order to have the best as of now it will be at least $200 bucks in cost to us.

The bottom line is that inorder to create a next gen console it would be $800 as of now. Inorder for Nintendo to produce a console that at least will get them into the 7th generation and be worthwhile is going to be about $400 regardless of what my fiances are going to be I aint spending $400 for something new that I can already somewhat create ( for more money though) now.

Originally Posted by eddiee21

Forget Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft.

Steve Jobs and Apple are gonna come out with the BEST next-gen console. Best believe that!

Apple's Next-Gen Gaming Console (rumored specs)
*As powerful, if not more, than the Nintendo Gamecube
*One button controller
*Sleek looking aluminum casing
*Simple to use
*Runs Mac OX Bobcat
*Retail cost: $1699.99
*Releasing 2012

apple-console.jpg
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

apple_pipin.jpg

Apple's not getting into the console market.

Originally Posted by eddiee21

Forget Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft.

Steve Jobs and Apple are gonna come out with the BEST next-gen console. Best believe that!

Apple's Next-Gen Gaming Console (rumored specs)
*As powerful, if not more, than the Nintendo Gamecube
*One button controller
*Sleek looking aluminum casing
*Simple to use
*Runs Mac OX Bobcat
*Retail cost: $1699.99
*Releasing 2012

apple-console.jpg
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

apple_pipin.jpg

Apple's not getting into the console market.

haven't had a nintendo console since the n64 (a huge disappointment, imo), but was thinking to myself recently how much i miss their franchise games. this sounds very promising.

haven't had a nintendo console since the n64 (a huge disappointment, imo), but was thinking to myself recently how much i miss their franchise games. this sounds very promising.

Back
Top Bottom