• Both!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is $330 good for a brand new unopened bare bones switch console?

Do you think Nintendo will make any hardware changes over the next year because I can wait ......still playing my backlog of Wii U games (such an underrated library)
retails 299.xx so thats basically retail + tax + gas or ship 

Is $330 good for a brand new unopened bare bones switch console?

Do you think Nintendo will make any hardware changes over the next year because I can wait ......still playing my backlog of Wii U games (such an underrated library)
wiiu had no hardware changes, so most likely no.

Different colors probably.

And this is why getting a Nintendo Switch now was a MUST-COP for me..........a solid *** game every month until the end of the year.

The more I watch gameplay of that Mario X Rabbids collab, the more I'm impressed with it.  Sold on Odyssey last year with less gameplay footage, 100% Day One pre-order for the bastard after the gameplay reveal.  Emblem & Xenoblade always been solid.

I didn't mention Pokken, but that's 'cuz Destiny 2 will be taking up my September.

I'm getting a Switch just for Odyssey. After I beat it, I'll give the Switch to the kids. They'll have plenty to play by then.

I'm getting a Switch just for Odyssey. After I beat it, I'll give the Switch to the kids. They'll have plenty to play by then.

But the Smash port, bro.................Super Smash for the Switch, bruh
I like Smash but not as much as the guys in here. Same with MK8. I doubt I'd buy those games again unless my kids really want them. I just wouldn't play them enough to justify spending another $60 on them. I've been waiting on Odyssey since the Wii U was announced.

Is it wrong to assume BOTW is basically Assassin's Creed Link Edition? The gameplay feels just like it. I've been playing over the past couple days and honestly it has been pretty boring. Where are the temples? I mean I bought a Wii U largely because of BOTW and if it's not fun then I wasted my money. 
ohwell.gif

Last edited:
:lol: there are no temples... You have 4 boss levels and a bunch of shrines which are just small puzzles or small fights. There are some fun parts but a big chunk is boring exploration and climbing.

laugh.gif
there are no temples... You have 4 boss levels and a bunch of shrines which are just small puzzles or small fights. There are some fun parts but a big chunk is boring exploration and climbing.
Man, then why has the game been rated so highly?

laugh.gif
there are no temples... You have 4 boss levels and a bunch of shrines which are just small puzzles or small fights. There are some fun parts but a big chunk is boring exploration and climbing.
Man, then why has the game been rated so highly?
That's how most Zelda games are.......basically.  It is a pure explore and grind RPG, like how Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy games are.  The fact that this Zelda game is more open-world than its previous predecessors, it FURTHER EXPANDS UPON the exploration stuff.

Most people that grew up on Zelda games, they like that type of exploration ****.  For others, it can be pretty god damn boring.

It is not like an open-world Mario game where exploration leads to another objective/reward (which is what Mario 64, Sunshine, Galaxy 1 & 2, and now Odyssey are), although this Zelda game did have some moments where it did that.

It is a big reason why I never got into Zelda games in the first place because although the overall story telling is one of the best in video games, there is some boring **** you have to go through to get to the those crucial points of the game's plot.

Last edited:

That's how most Zelda games are.......basically.  It is a pure explore and grind RPG, like how Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy games are.  The fact that this Zelda game is more open-world than its previous predecessors, it FURTHER EXPANDS UPON the exploration stuff.

Most people that grew up on Zelda games, they like that type of exploration ****.  For others, it can be pretty god damn boring.

It is not like an open-world Mario game where exploration leads to another objective/reward (which is what Mario 64, Sunshine, Galaxy 1 & 2, and now Odyssey are), although this Zelda game did have some moments where it did that.

It is a big reason why I never got into Zelda games in the first place because although the overall story telling is one of the best in video games, there is some boring **** you have to go through to get to the those crucial points of the game's plot.
For the record I played Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask pretty recently and think they're both some of the best games of all time. Twilight Princess was a great game as well. The exploration in those had a purpose and the dungeons/temples are what made those games. I feel like in this game they made the map huge just to make it huge and it's such a chore to get places. I hope the Divine Beast battles are fun at least...

Last edited:
I loved BOTW and it's probably up there for game of the year so far in my eyes.. but as far as Zelda games go.. it may not even be in my top 5.

:lol: there are no temples... You have 4 boss levels and a bunch of shrines which are just small puzzles or small fights. There are some fun parts but a big chunk is boring exploration and climbing.

I honestly missed the formula of Ocarina of Time but once I got more into BOTW I really enjoyed it. I'll admit it has its flaws as far as almost being big just for the sake of being big, I posted a parody video a few pages back that pretty accurately hits on it.

I haven't played much in awhile and am at like 38 shrines but I still love the game.

For the record I played Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask pretty recently and think they're both some of the best games of all time. Twilight Princess was a great game as well. The exploration in those had a purpose and the dungeons/temples are what made those games. I feel like in this game they made the map huge just to make it huge and it's such a chore to get places. I hope the Divine Beast battles are fun at least...
I think the fact that those Zelda games still maintained a "linear platforming format" may have played a role into why the exploration aspects of those games had mostly a purpose to them. 

I was never a big puzzle challenge fan growing up, so those dungeons and temples were a major turnoff for me in almost all the Zelda games I've seen in my lifetime (yes, I've dabbled in the Iconic Ocarina of Time as well at a friend's house on their N64 when I was younger).

I hated the challenge of those puzzles from the dungeons and temples, and I ultimately felt they weren't for me.

The Mario games had their own challenging puzzle-type objectives as well, but they weren't at a "Zelda-difficulty" that it was an ultimate turnoff for me.

BOTW is an amazing game, probably the best game of 2017 so far. I just miss the temples from OOT
I'm not gonna argue that because I haven't played any new releases of 17 (still playing Overwatch) but I doubt it will be game of the year with all the other releases coming... I only bought BOTW because I didn't want 1-2 Switch and there was no VC, it was a good game but there was very little that was memorable to me or made me want to play it again.

BOTW is a dope game despite being a chore at times and too centered around survival aspects like being frugal with weapons/shields. Also could have had better combat.

It's still an experience I'll overall remember positively. The universe and characters that inhabit it are awesome. It's not my GOTY tho.

Last edited:
The story was definitely lacking in BOTW. Like others have said, I wish there were OOT/MM/TP style dungeons. A BOTW-gameplay style Zelda with OOT/MM/TP Dungeons would be the GOAT.

That said, I enjoyed the hell out of BOTW.

Last edited:
:lol: people wanna act like the BOTW was revolutionary like the jump from GTA2 to GTA3. Again, to me the game was decent, not great. If DLC looks decent I'll rebuy it when I can find it for around 20 bucks.

:lol: people wanna act like the BOTW was revolutionary like the jump from GTA2 to GTA3. Again, to me the game was decent, not great. If DLC looks decent I'll rebuy it when I can find it for around 20 bucks.
[emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji] the game was "decent" [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Last edited:
The story was definitely lacking in BOTW. Like others have said, I wish there were OOT/MM/TP style dungeons. A BOTW-gameplay style Zelda with OOT/MM/TP Dungeons would be the GOAT.

That said, I enjoyed the hell out of BOTW.
That's what I thought I was getting. Should've done some research first. 

Back
Top Bottom