Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

I want to get that pair and considering just sizing up by 1.5 but I am not sure if it's going to be too narrow.

Before these get returned back, got a spare Ice Blue VF in both a 10.5 and 11 if anyone is in need. Please let me know. Thanks!

Last edited:
Saw the Provence Purples in person the other day, and they definitely look Grey to me. I really can't see a hint of Purple. With that said, this cw is my favorite so far.
IMG_8707.JPG

slept on those. Can't find a Women's 12 anywhere.

I’ve got ~27mi on them now. I think it might a little early to tell. However, if you have a forefoot strike, I think they can last a while.

Today’s run was one single second slower than last night’s, BUT I logged negative splits!
80B18E38-435F-44FB-905D-DE99EBEB0846.jpeg

EEC6024B-B23D-465C-9BA3-1FFEE901058A.jpeg

Yesterday's 5mi run in the VF's. I was in complete shock when my watch read back my avg pace for the first mile. It was great motivation for the next four miles. Fastest I've ever ran. I'm 5'9", weigh 200lbs and typically avg 8min/mi but to be in the 7's, even sub 7's was shocking.

Really love the VF's and the response I get from them. Really looking forward to using these for the 10K, 5K and Half Marathon races in the upcoming weeks.
IMG_3142.JPG
IMG_3143.PNG

Last edited:
been putting a few miles in the Vfs too to make sure it's the right shoes for my upcoming 10k/half and I really wish it could be a daily runner

i do need to find a damn track in my area so I can fully enjoy how these performs and accurately track my splits

321.jpg

4321.jpg

would all the serious runners in this group recommend the 4% to a casual runner like myself? everyone's pace here is mad. i only do about 6min/km..

I wouldn't suggest it for durability issues but I guess it depends on how much walking you do.

Walking around and the heels might feel too squishy too but that also depends on your preference.

i run on average 4-10 miles a week for few months. Still have the same responsiveness as the first day. the heel strike outer later is peeling off, but the core of the outsole is still intact. casual running in this shouldn't be a problem.

Do the 4% and zoom fly have the same form/shaped sole? I realize they are different (and different materials), but if you ran in the zooms, and then switched to the 4%, would it be a drastic difference in form/feel? I know when I wore my zooms around the house, they feel very different than my peg 33s.

ZF has a firmer rubber so while the plate wants to propel you forward, it isn't as bouncy as the VF. VF is cushy with that bounce back feel while also wanting to propel you forward, kind of hard to explain.

Pegasus feels like most Nikes with a forefoot zoom for me, which I love. Pegasus also feels like the shoe bends with your foot while the ZM/VF has more of a rocking motion.

Also, NYC marathon is about two weeks away, has there been any signs of the NYC SPs coming out?

Also saw this cw on IG:
y3nLjAt.jpg

ZF has a firmer rubber so while the plate wants to propel you forward, it isn't as bouncy as the VF. VF is cushy with that bounce back feel while also wanting to propel you forward, kind of hard to explain.

Pegasus feels like most Nikes with a forefoot zoom for me, which I love. Pegasus also feels like the shoe bends with your foot while the ZM/VF has more of a rocking motion.

Also, NYC marathon is about two weeks away, has there been any signs of the NYC SPs coming out?

Also saw this cw on IG:
y3nLjAt.jpg

I am wondering the same thing on when the NYC SPs coming out?

Do the 4% and zoom fly have the same form/shaped sole? I realize they are different (and different materials), but if you ran in the zooms, and then switched to the 4%, would it be a drastic difference in form/feel? I know when I wore my zooms around the house, they feel very different than my peg 33s.
i tried both. shape/form is identical even the bounce is similar. imo, major difference is the weight. zf def heavier than the light as hell vf

I found the ZF very stiff to run in fresh out of the box. i needed to put about 30-40 miles on them to start enjoying the ride. (my current pair has about 170 miles on them and are my go to shoes for longer speed sessions/long runs besides the zoom elite 9). The VF are bouncy right away and feel better as the clock ticks on them (Feel like a upgraded version of boost with the energy return). The durability isn't so hot so i only use them during races.

Both shoes will propel u forward during your stride but feel very different while running imo. The ZF has a carbon infused plate with the heavier lunar material. The VF has a true carbon plate with the zoomx for a much softer ride.

would all the serious runners in this group recommend the 4% to a casual runner like myself? everyone's pace here is mad. i only do about 6min/km..

I wouldn't recommend it for casual runners mainly because of their cost. However, it's your money. Do what you want with it. Considering the price, I think the ZF would be a better option.

I want to preserve my VFs, so I'm going to have a sole swap done for the ZFs with an FKR upper. The ZFxFKRs will be my daily runners.
(In Progress) Flyknit Racer X Zoom Fly - Black Total Crimson.png

So Zoom Fly's sole and the 4% Vaporfly sole is actually pretty much different altogether although they look similar?

I have the black white Zoom Fly which fits really small, might need to remove my insole in them. But I tried running with a thinner insole last week. The run seem to really make me run slightly faster, but the sole is pretty stiff and makes my leg feel more "sore" after I stopped running compared to other shoes.

Have only wore it a few times as a walking shoe during my holiday in Europe, which also made my legs feel sore after a whole day of walking, compared to my Trainers. But definitely a better option for a run over Trainers.

So Zoom Fly's sole and the 4% Vaporfly sole is actually pretty much different altogether although they look similar?

I have the black white Zoom Fly which fits really small, might need to remove my insole in them. But I tried running with a thinner insole last week. The run seem to really make me run slightly faster, but the sole is pretty stiff and makes my leg feel more "sore" after I stopped running compared to other shoes.

Have only wore it a few times as a walking shoe during my holiday in Europe, which also made my legs feel sore after a whole day of walking, compared to my Trainers. But definitely a better option for a run over Trainers.

The Zoom Fly's are not meant for walking/casual wear IMO. Something about the way they are designed (stiffness around the ankle) feels like you are prone to injure yourself. Now, I switch into my Nike Free RN Distances after my runs.

In regards to sizing, I wear 11.5 in the Zoom Fly and 11 in the Vaporfly.

Back
Top Bottom