Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

For my runners in here, how many miles did you run when you first broke in your VF's? Received my VF's today and wanted to break them for this 4.5mi run during lunch.

I remember when i first got my ZF's, I broke in a 5mi run and the upper heel of the shoe dug into my Achilles area. I remember reading some said to break in with a 2-3mi run

For my runners in here, how many miles did you run when you first broke in your VF's? Received my VF's today and wanted to break them for this 4.5mi run during lunch.

I remember when i first got my ZF's, I broke in a 5mi run and the upper heel of the shoe dug into my Achilles area. I remember reading some said to break in with a 2-3mi run
Honestly, after a mile or two, the shoes are set. I don't feel like they have a "break-in" period due to the ZoomX, but you have to acclimate your stride and foot strike to accommodate them. After that initial mile or two, you'll feel great.

My first run in them was a 6 mile run at a 8 min/mile pace, I feel like they come out of the box fast and ready to run.

alright, appreciate the feedback guys. They're going on today :smokin

man, not sure why i didnt try these out sooner when i had them. this run felt GREAT! I'll respond later with my review and how my run turned out

man, not sure why i didnt try these out sooner when i had them. this run felt GREAT! I'll respond later with my review and how my run turned out

They really start to spoil you. I try to save them for my long weekend runs, but I creep into them more and more throughout the week. If I can get a Pegasus with ZoomX, I'll turn into Forrest Gump.

Last edited:

I raced 7.5mi in them on their first wear. I noticed I exert less effort when running a sub7 pace in these. These don’t make you feel like you’re running as fast as your current pace may suggest (if that makes sense).

VFs always had crease midsole from the get go, it's just how soft the rubber is.

Waiting to see if the zoom fly NYC is going to be released

Attachments

• E95B1199-5442-4946-856C-46ABE84602DE.jpeg
    E95B1199-5442-4946-856C-46ABE84602DE.jpeg
    45.3 KB · Views: 46
The original release and the restock were both on a Thursday, so I bet they come out tomorrow at 10 am.

Based on the quote below, you're right about it being a thursday. Would be happy to see a release for tomorrow but 11/2 sounds like more of a possibility. Could be wrong but we'll see.

I have been given a date of 02/11/17 (11/02/17 US date) for the VaporFly 4% ‘Bright Crimson’ today from my company today :wink:

Saw the Provence Purples in person the other day, and they definitely look Grey to me. I really can't see a hint of Purple. With that said, this cw is my favorite so far.
IMG_8707.JPG

Back
Top Bottom