Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

I don't understand the hype on the white/black SP, but not on the Chicago. I personally like Chicago colorway better. Maybe there are too many white/black based colorway around. Can't wait to get them early next week.

I wouldnt say theres hype on either. and I tnink people would typically prefer white/black over that beige/brownish color. Its just easier to wear.

Did a Photoshop

Zoom fly SP black/ Cloud blue

zoom fly blue sole ad.jpg

Got in my chicagos yesterday.

Def. very snug... I full size up tho and fit great with crew socks.

Cant wait to bust em out

Got mine in today. Super light weight and really really comfortable. They do fit a bit snug like everyone has mentioned. I usually wear a size 9 in all my Nike sneakers but Im glad I ordered a 9.5 in these, they’re still a little snug at the toes but it’s tolerable.
9FDEB219-31DE-4772-9006-029025443E21.jpeg

^^Like everyone said, the cushioning on this is no joke. And I thought Adidas EQT 93/17 has the most cushion, but they are too soft. The ZF is firmer, yet very comfy. Good thing I ordered 2 sizes to compare. The only thing I hate is the ribbon lace.

My white/black pair came in from Stock X today.
Went with a 1/2 size up & its a perfect fit.
Going up a whole size would have just gave me more room though...But unlacing the top lace loop gave me that same feel i believe.
Looking forward to giving these some action soon.

PO

^^Like everyone said, the cushioning on this is no joke. And I thought Adidas EQT 93/17 has the most cushion, but they are too soft. The ZF is firmer, yet very comfy. Good thing I ordered 2 sizes to compare. The only thing I hate is the ribbon lace.
Boost is cool but def loses that bounce after a few wears and suffers from a sinking mushy feel. The nike carbon fiber plate steady maintains that bounce. Tho, primeknit is supreme over nike's knit/plastic

Last edited:
I'm reading dates of 11/04 for the BC VF 4% release. Wanted them sooner than that but lets see. Hopefully I can acquire a pair.

Also, people are out of their minds for the resale on the VF Elites. I get it, limited shoe worn by some elite marathon runners for Nike's breaking2 but to think they're worth $1,800 or more is insane. One receipt I saw stated £375 which is roughly $500.

Boost is cool but def loses that bounce after a few wears and suffers from a sinking mushy feel. The nike carbon fiber plate steady maintains that bounce. Tho, primeknit is supreme over flyknit.
Pk is derivative trash by comparison to fk. Are you aware of how many different versions of fk there are, let alone a 3 year + advantage of innovation and development vs pk? That can’t be a serious statement.

I'm reading dates of 11/04 for the BC VF 4% release. Wanted them sooner than that but lets see. Hopefully I can acquire a pair.

Also, people are out of their minds for the resale on the VF Elites. I get it, limited shoe worn by some elite marathon runners for Nike's breaking2 but to think they're worth $1,800 or more is insane. One receipt I saw stated £375 which is roughly $500.
Heard the same thing as well. Agreed that it's going to be a long wait. I don't know what type of viewership the Marathon's get, but I would have assumed with how prevalent the BC VF's were in the Chi Marathon, that Nike would have pushed them out. I did hear from RW that there have been production issues.

There's also a video on YouTube of the BC VF's and the guy says he got them at the Marathon Expo prior to the Chicago race. Wish I could have snagged a pair then.

faaaaaaack

just called Philadelphia Runner and finally getting a pair of the 4%!! no 10.5 but they had an 11, hopefully the 1/2 size increase isn't an issue as far as fitment is concerned. From what i've read online and in this thread you want to have at least thumb width from toe to toe box.

now to send some stuff back to NDC, including these SP's :smokin

Got my taupe grey Zoom Fly SPs in from SNS today. So god damn comfy. Just not sure how I feel about the colour. There is definitely a slight purple hue to them. Makes me a bit salty I missed out on the white/black pair now...All in for some more colourways though.

Got my taupe grey Zoom Fly SPs in from SNS today. So god damn comfy. Just not sure how I feel about the colour. There is definitely a slight purple hue to them. Makes me a bit salty I missed out on the white/black pair now...All in for some more colourways though.
But can you actually tell they are grey in person?

Heard the same thing as well. Agreed that it's going to be a long wait. I don't know what type of viewership the Marathon's get, but I would have assumed with how prevalent the BC VF's were in the Chi Marathon, that Nike would have pushed them out. I did hear from RW that there have been production issues.

There's also a video on YouTube of the BC VF's and the guy says he got them at the Marathon Expo prior to the Chicago race. Wish I could have snagged a pair then.

Also with the Berlin marathon with Eliud Kipchoge and all other Nike athletes using the BC colourway, expected more demand than before for the Vaporfly.

Side note for people complaining about waiting for the current racing colourways, just be happy that Nike are realising them at the same time as athletes are using them this year. I remember when I had to wait 4 months for the streak 6 and 16 months for the victory 3 white/black colourways last year.

Also with the Berlin marathon with Eliud Kipchoge and all other Nike athletes using the BC colourway, expected more demand than before for the Vaporfly.

Side note for people complaining about waiting for the current racing colourways, just be happy that Nike are realising them at the same time as athletes are using them this year. I remember when I had to wait 4 months for the streak 6 and 16 months for the victory 3 white/black colourways last year.

But can you actually tell they are grey in person?
No. They are a brownish colour (Which makes sense considering they are listed as Taupe) with a slight purple/violet hue to them, all depends on the light. Not really sure where Nike got grey from tbh.

The more I look at them the more they grow on me though lol.

Back
Top Bottom