Nike LeBron 18 *First Look*

Lakers color way came today. Already packed them up to ship back. The shoe felt great, but that tongue issue is real.

:smh:

I wish that interview with Jason Petrie wasn't over because my submitted question would've asked who in the hell thought this tongue was a good idea?

This was designed, the materials were chosen, and people weartested prototypes. How many yes men are at Nike headquarters to let this happen at every stage of development?

Wouldn't be surprised if I ended up copping these eventually
20201204_042712.jpg

andfattoo andfattoo mine rubbed me for about a day and now I play in them and wear casually with no-shows with no issue. The bigger tongue problem I had was the top of my foot rubbing raw under the top air bubble but that’s gone now too.

It just needs an initial break in. after that there's been no issue for me with mine.

No. It‘s like the outrigger situation. Dudes Just nitpicking about some thing so they have something to discuss. The tongue could’ve been better for sure but its Not a big enough deal to stop me from buying the shoe. Soon as the equations are live on NDC it’s a cop

I might be a loud voice on the subject but I am keeping mine and stated it wasn't hindering me or actually hurting me like the KD 11. I'm speaking mostly on principle.

I was also a big complainer on the cheapness of the Jordan 34's lacing system. And the Kobe AD Mid cardboard upper with a felt tongue before that.

There should be zero room for it could be better on a $180 (AJ34) - $225 product. I've never seen a community (sneakerheads in general, not just NT) that just accepts mediocrity so easily. It's okay to be scrutinous. Just eating whatever they feed us is exactly how we got to premium prices for cheap components.

There were complaints about the tongue on the 17's as well...I think people were saying it was too stiff and digging into their skin or something like that. I guess it's always something, but I get it...for the price point you want to have zero complaints. I'm probably going to bite the bullet and get my first pair soon...thought that I'd wait it out for the Sisterhood pair but can't seem to find any for under $300 after fees and I don't like them THAT much to buy at that price.

There were complaints about the tongue on the 17's as well...I think people were saying it was too stiff and digging into their skin or something like that. I guess it's always something, but I get it...for the price point you want to have zero complaints. I'm probably going to bite the bullet and get my first pair soon...thought that I'd wait it out for the Sisterhood pair but can't seem to find any for under $300 after fees and I don't like them THAT much to buy at that price.
Even with its issues, the tongue on the 17 still felt premium and fell in line with the rest of the shoe.

andfattoo andfattoo mine rubbed me for about a day and now I play in them and wear casually with no-shows with no issue. The bigger tongue problem I had was the top of my foot rubbing raw under the top air bubble but that’s gone now too.
:nerd: So there is hope it will improve? I started my return, but I might unpack the box and give it a go. Does it actually soften up, or does it just become less rigid?

:nerd: So there is hope it will improve? I started my return, but I might unpack the box and give it a go. Does it actually soften up, or does it just become less rigid?

with mine, just like the 17, it did soften up with break in.

Were those 18’s still in cart from previous session? Pretty sure I saw em sold out, not on the site any more

Back
Top Bottom