Nike Air Jordan VI White/Red 23rd Anniversary Edition (Jan/Feb 2014)

I'm in Texas bro so I guess not that far
oh, im in a rush to get em, i wanna take comparison pics with varsities and infrapack... and then throw my infrapack on ebay

164d263f_ibxFWGla38dwbC.gif

Weren't you the one saying how the one from the pack was better before release?

Plus bragging how those are so great because they go for $1000 on eBay :rofl:

Last edited:
I dont mind the stiff texture of the leather on these shoes. I feel like leather based jordans sit more stout than nubuck colorways. Besides when they are properly broken into the leather will become smoother and fit perfectly like how my fire red 4s and Chicago 1s did over time.

Pink, orangish pink, infrared I could give a **** less these VI's are sick and tomorrow can't come soon enough.  

Going to be a great year for VI fans.

Saw these in person for the first time today. They just look cheap to me. No problem with the shade of infrared at all, just looks like a cheap shoe. Hope those that copped enjoy them though, but they are not for me.

Plus bragging how those are so great because they go for $1000 on eBay
roll.gif
nah b i was the one saying that ima sell em for 1000 (they not that much anymore they like 700 now) and cop these instead.

all I know is I don't mess with pink, sans BC awareness, and when the dust settled I ended up with multiples of these.

I hope all of you in here who don't like the color stick to your guns and pass on the blk/infrared which will undoubtedly use use same shade

Plus bragging how those are so great because they go for $1000 on eBay
roll.gif

def sell em man, $700-800 easy, im def sellin mine if i get these white infrareds. not about that resellin life but its a no brainer to sell that pack before they go way down in price once the black infrareds drop
heres a quote of me a week and 2 days ago just to confirm that i was planning on selling the pack before these released. also yeah you right i def called these pink, but that was before i saw em in person and was a premature comment that was based off of pics only.

true they are going down ill probly let em go for 600 at the lowest and move on the infrared shade is way doper this year so i can use that dough to ensure that i cop a pair of black infras later this year

Last edited:
It's just nice seeing the Quality Control sticker inside the box.
I haven't received any bad pairs, but i rarely get that QC sticker these days.
:nerd:

Alot of people made great points about how kids see the game and REAL COLLECTORS see SNEAKER CULTURE. Ive been collecting since 05, Im 24 now and I am more then happy that jordan brand is starting to hook up the dudes that appreciate the shoes and have real knowledge of how OGs looked and were cut. I started collecting around when you could still own OGs or actually had OG 4s and up as a child. I feel the older group of collectors hold OG Color ways to a higher standard than these new kids. We've owned them, we've nicknamed them(we never called BRED 12s Flu Games or OG CW 13s He got Games), we've seen THE MAN ball in them.  Alot of today's younger collectors have never owned an OG, have the story behind it, or get that feeling of nostalgia when they see a OG colorway shoe. I remember either seeing people wearing jordans and begging my mother for em  to being on Air-Jordans.com for hours wishing shoes would retro. Im happy to see alot of retro's being done right and having huge production numbers so we dont have to kill ourselves to get a pair. We grew up when dudes rioted and were killed just to own them not rioting to get a pair to resale. In a world where green glows sell out and Infrared 6s sit is nuts to me. Aquas are purple and will sell because of the hype but a pair of INFRARED get no love because hypebeast didnt cosign.

I feel quality is getting better these days also. Steels, Laneys, and Fire Red 3s have been awesome. Considering what we've had these recent years . We will never see the old quality unless jordan comes up with duel releases like they did with the lebrons with the chip and one with out. Where we get regular 2014 retro quality and where they give us a more expensive better quality retro like 2000 retros. But come on we will never see Italian leather grace another pair of jordans.

Seeing how that is less likely I will take these, maroons and sport blues with no complaints. Quality on Bordeaux 7s Sucks but they have hype and a 200+ resale tag.

Last edited:
Repped^ I agree with much of what you said, though I think JB has had hit and miss quality retros for 5 years now, maybe longer. You can go back to 2005 and find some of the worst with those IV's. But regardless, they have started to listen to the older consumer and the leadership there does seem interested in building a culture. I really think Gentry didn't give an F about any of that and was one reason the brand suffered to catch up with demand/popularity.

They're going to keep doing limited releases, smaller GR's and huge GR's like this one. I called it a month ago that this would be the first big GR ala Fire Red V's last year (2 weeks earlier).

Limited stuff like the Infrared23, lab series, DB's, and even 1's will continue, but they have certainly started to meet demand better in the past 15-18 months. Has any GR been tough in the past year? I feel like I got everything I wanted last year with ease, and if I missed something it was cause I was out of town or purposely saved funds for something else. Even then, 20-30 over retail seems to be the norm.

Repped^ I agree with much of what you said, though I think JB has had hit and miss quality retros for 5 years now, maybe longer. You can go back to 2005 and find some of the worst with those IV's. But regardless, they have started to listen to the older consumer and the leadership there does seem interested in building a culture. I really think Gentry didn't give an F about any of that and was one reason the brand suffered to catch up with demand/popularity.

They're going to keep doing limited releases, smaller GR's and huge GR's like this one. I called it a month ago that this would be the first big GR ala Fire Red V's last year (2 weeks earlier).

Limited stuff like the Infrared23, lab series, DB's, and even 1's will continue, but they have certainly started to meet demand better in the past 15-18 months. Has any GR been tough in the past year? I feel like I got everything I wanted last year with ease, and if I missed something it was cause I was out of town or purposely saved funds for something else. Even then, 20-30 over retail seems to be the norm.
Yea your right. After the 14s dropped in 05 quality declined after that but you did have a  few decant pairs, like tour yellow 4s, flint 7s, Blacktoe 14s DMP 6s/11s ect. But you had HORRIBLE quality releases like the entire CDP line.

Production numbers definitely are improving. Grapes, Laneys, Fire Red 3s 4s and 5s, Black tongue 5s, Cement 3s and 4s Bred 4s Bred 11s all had great production numbers. I do have to say some limited gr's and limited pairs should have seen bigger numbers like Fear 5s, Black Grapes, Bred and Royal 1s and Olive 9s.

The Infrared23, lab series, DB's, and even some 1's turned me off due to either too much hype or the concept being weak. Around NY 220-250 has become the average resale price for Grs and 300-400 for limited releases.

I know no one probably missed out on these, but i doubled up by accident, lookin to get rid of a sz12 and more then willing to help out a fellow NT'er, PM me.

[emoji]128529[/emoji] what you say about aquas? Everything else was fine but the riot part. I don't remember any riots for Jordan's before a 2005-6 mark of course I was born in 1991 so anything before that i can't recall seeing but I know for a fact that anything while he was playing didn't cause any riots to get. Ether you had the money to pay for them or you didn't. Production numbers were way more than now a days so "selling out" wasn't much of a factor because everything was plentiful.

Aquas would be the best 8 as well even if it wasn't for ye if that's what you were referring to

Too much reading to do. Got my pair in today thanks to Mushka81. I love the color and I'm a true 10.5 and i got a 10 which is perfect. Oh and on the color topic it seems like some people only had 8 crayons in their box and I got 64. Thanks mom! I know that every light version of red isn't pink hahahaha

Here are some comparison pics. You'd think it was a comparison with the varsity reds, but this is actually the infrareds from the pack. I always knew the pair from the pack wasn't the true infrared hue. I thought it looked more like max orange until i did the comparison. Shouldn't be too difficult to figure out which is which...

View media item 812159View media item 812160View media item 812161View media item 812162View media item 812163View media item 812164View media item 812165View media item 812166

imo, the color on the '14s is much nicer, but the quality on the pack pair >>> '14s. as for the color, to me, the '14s seem like a neon hot pink.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom