Nike Air Jordan VI White/Red 23rd Anniversary Edition (Jan/Feb 2014)

Nike finally does something right, releasing a unique OG color as close to the original as possible, in a way that everyone who wants em can purchase......and now you dweebs start complaining.
laugh.gif

Lets be real here.....if these were super limited and on Ye or Drake's feet last week, resale would be through the roof and people would be lusting after these like pairs of patent leathers.

I see why Nike does the corny nickname, super limited, marketing hype, over-pricing game with y'all new "sneaker heads".....half of y'all are scumbags that want to buy dozens of pairs and overcharge on the secondary market and the other half of y'all are followers that feel like if you don't have to jump through hoops to get a pair of sneakers, they aren't worth it.

I don't have tax but for me I'm basically done worrying about WC rewards. It's no longer really worth it to keep copping from them because when you think about it, you have to buy what 2 pairs before you get a WC reward approx.? Well 2 shipping is nearly the amt of 1 WC reward. Then when you use the reward you have to pay shipping again so it comes out to more of a $10 reward. The amount on shipping you save alone copping elsewhere is almost more valuable than a WC reward. :rolleyes  basically you are spending roughly $20 to save $20

Agreed, but considering NDC sold out by the time I checked online I went with FNL. I wouldn't roll with FNL otherwise.

Yall ninjas complaining about the color just aren't confident enough in yourself to wear these

View media item 620796

Everybody just stop and read this please.

Not only is this discussion completely destroying the thread, I think there are a few things that need to be stated here from the viewpoint of someone who DID NOT COP due to the COLOR HUE.

First off the VI is tied with the XI as my favorite Jordan Model of all time. I don't have an underlying reason to dislike these. Despite the light shade that JB put on these, I still think that the release was solid. The amount produced was good, and there wasn't a huge fiasco for these like I imagined it would be when they released alone. I passed because all of the pics made these look pink. I don't have anything against the color pink or wearing the color pink. The reason I passed is because these are dubbed as "Infrared", and in the pictures I saw, I would say that these are more a "coral pink" than an Infrared. I was not going to pay MY money to buy Infrareds that were in my opinion, "coral pink'.

That being said, the fact that guys are getting a high horse because they copped something that another man didn't want is ridiculous. These were passed on by some people due to opinions. Get over it. Especially if you got your pair, there is no reason to be upset in this thread or straight up make the assumption that people who are complaining are complaining and not copping because they aren't confident in themselves enough to wear the colorway. Saying that you're more of a man than someone else, or more confident than someone else because you can buy a pair of shoes with a bright color on them and wear them is absolutely ridiculous.

Srs? The above quote is probably one of the most ridiculously ignorant statements / posts I've seen on this forum in a long time. NT, let's get it together shall we? I'm starting to see why a lot of older cats jump into the General Forum and leave the JB forum. Posts like this.

Not only is this discussion completely destroying the thread, I think there are a few things that need to be stated here from the viewpoint of someone who DID NOT COP due to the COLOR HUE.

First off the VI is tied with the XI as my favorite Jordan Model of all time. I don't have an underlying reason to dislike these. Despite the light shade that JB put on these, I still think that the release was solid. The amount produced was good, and there wasn't a huge fiasco for these like I imagined it would be when they released alone. I passed because all of the pics made these look pink. I don't have anything against the color pink or wearing the color pink. The reason I passed is because these are dubbed as "Infrared", and in the pictures I saw, I would say that these are more a "coral pink" than an Infrared. I was not going to pay MY money to buy Infrareds that were in my opinion, "coral pink'.

That being said, the fact that guys are getting a high horse because they copped something that another man didn't want is ridiculous. These were passed on by some people due to opinions. Get over it. Especially if you got your pair, there is no reason to be upset in this thread or straight up make the assumption that people who are complaining are complaining and not copping because they aren't confident in themselves enough to wear the colorway. Saying that you're more of a man than someone else, or more confident than someone else because you can buy a pair of shoes with a bright color on them and wear them is absolutely ridiculous.

Srs? The above quote is probably one of the most ridiculously ignorant statements / posts I've seen on this forum in a long time. NT, let's get it together shall we? I'm starting to see why a lot of older cats jump into the General Forum and leave the JB forum. Posts like this.
Anyones opinion is well respected. but remember this is the jordan 6 white infrared thread and at this point in time, you either copped or passed. So if you passed why not just move on. If you passed why feel the need to come in here telling everyone that copped and that loves these that they copped pink sneakers and that they are ugly. Just absolutely ridiculous. You made a good post with no offense involved so this isnt directed at you at all. But if i were you i wouldnt base my opinion on just pics alone because even i would agree that some pics make these look hot pink, but i changed my mind when i saw them in person. also if you think that post is one of the ignorant statements then you must have skipped all the statements made by the haters of this shoe.

Last edited:
Anyones opinion is well respected. but remember this is the jordan 6 white infrared page and at this point in time, you either copped or passed. So if you passed why not just move on. If you passed why feel the need to come in here telling everyone that copped and that loves these that they copped pink sneakers and that they are ugly. Just absolutely ridiculous. You made a good post with no offense involved so this isnt directed at you at all. But if i were you i wouldnt base my opinion on just pics alone because even i would agree that some pics make these look hot pink, but i changed my mind when i saw them in person

And I feel the same exact way, famb. I peeped these in person yesterday because they're still sitting at the mall. I didn't want the reason that I didn't give them a chance to be because of pictures I saw on the internet.

I still felt as thought they were too bright, but it might grow on me or it might look darker on the Black / Infrareds later this year.

This is a forum, and regardless of whether or not I copped or passed shouldn't dictate if I should come into a thread or not because if that were the case, then the Yeezy 2 Red October thread would be filled with tumbleweeds.

I respect people's ability to buy what they like and I wouldn't bash anyone for buying these. I actually posted multiple times wishing people luck in getting these because I hadn't kept up w/ the production numbers and didn't know they'd be so widely available.

View media item 620796

But its ok for dudes to come in and clown us who copped these and say their pink when in fact their as close to OG they come if they didn't like the shoe why are they in this thread why you quote me and not them keep it pushin I been watchin this thread and their a lot more people clownin the color than people like myself that wanted them

What do people benefit off of comin into a thread for shoes they do not lke just to make some people feel bad for their purchase nah not having that you got nothin to contribute you should stay in the general forum

Last edited:
More power to those who passed as well.

At the end of the day, Jordan's are a super discretionary/luxury purchase. So if you feel like this pair wasn't worth your time and money, I completely understand.

My gripe is with the cats seriously upset because these didn't sell out in minutes and other people talking about "everyone is gonna be rocking these, so I'm not copping." That's corny to me and that corniness has degenerated into this squabble about the exact hue and official name of the colorway.

JB dropped the darker varsity red twice, not long ago and they sat for weeks because cats were complaining that they weren't light/infrared enough and now they drop the lighter hue and cats are complaining because they are on shelves 2 days later and they are too light.

Either y'all don't like white/red VIs or you're just arguing to argue.

Seems like JB threads always degenerate into stupidity and that has really killed the forum.

I've been collecting sneakers since the OG VIIIs as a kid and been on NT since day 1....so I have A LOT of issues with what Nike is doing with retros but it's easy to spot legit gripes from petty squabbling and salty responses from resellers/hypebeasts.

At this point the only thing Nike could have done better with the white/red colorway of Air Jordan VIs is put Nike Air on the back...and we all know that's coming shortly.

But its ok for dudes to come in and clown us who copped these and say their pink if they didn't like the show why are they in this thread why you quote me and not them keep it pushin

Man if you care that much about what another man thinks of the shoes you bought, then this hobby isn't for you. Being real. There's always gonna be trolls and people who try to start flame wars, you just need to learn to cop what you like and take pride in what you bought.

I don't need to explain why I quoted YOU, because I explained it in my first post. There's no need for the E-Thug to come out, so calm that down as well please.

i really dont understand either, dudes really have that much time on there hands to go to every thread of shoes they dont like and make fun of em.. im rarely in a thread with shoes i dont like/not copping .. thats just me tho

Man if you care that much about what another man thinks of the shoes you bought, then this hobby isn't for you. Being real. There's always gonna be trolls and people who try to start flame wars, you just need to learn to cop what you like and take pride in what you bought.

I don't need to explain why I quoted YOU, because I explained it in my first post. There's no need for the E-Thug to come out, so calm that down as well please.

Idgaf what people think of what I wear you woulda understood that had you read the post leading up to that and not quote the first thing you saw funny how its ok in your mind for dudes who had no intention ofcopping to come here anyway and make comment tthat's not necessary

If you don't like the shoe have no intent to buy than why feel need to comment on that stay out simple as that not totally directed at you but for all that do that

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom