Nike Air Jordan VI White/Red 23rd Anniversary Edition (Jan/Feb 2014)

:pimp:

The pics posted by Rakim should dead the color talk. The '14s are very close in color to the OGs. Pretty sure it would be even closer if it wasn't from the aging of the OGs.

i agree that the 14 is close

but i always have a good laugh when cats through in the "aging" factor in to explain paint color changes - cause 99% of the time it is not true & is not a factor
ex: your 2012 cement 4's ain't gettin any lighter with age

Nah famb. When the midsole yellows and darkens, the darkened color underneath makes the infrared darker...

Just because it has paint on top of it, that doesn't mean the material doesn't still age and darken underneath.

The 2012 cement 4s have a gloss paint finish to them on the midsole. Thats different. It will take longer for the gloss to fade before the midsole starts to darken.

Side note:

I find it funny how the infrared on these are a problem with some, even though its the closest to the OG we've ever had, but so many people are lusting over them pink *** yeezys. C'mon brahs...

they are mad close to OG compared to previous releases so who wouldnt expect this? minor changes to EVERY retro is how they do it, so this is as close to OG as its going to get and nike air or jumpman on the heel these are fire (if i wanted to waste money on something to sit in my closet i would have copped but 6s arent my deal unfortunately but glad they came out for all of the people who appreciated this release)

So pack these 2014 away for about 2 to 5 years to let them darken and then you can sport them out.
roll.gif

so the white midsole yellows underneath - making the red on top darker?

but a glossy clear coat outside finish on the 2012 cement will change that process?

i mean, only time will tell because enough time hasn't passed to determine that now - i guess

so tell me - what do you know about the difference between white painted midsoles & black? cause i've noticed differences
on how they age comparably

Last edited:
This is just like the charcoal 7s debate between if the dmp was closer to og over 2012. People were going off pictures of the ogs now and some places have gotten lighter making the dmp look closer but if you look at the 2002 pair they're starting to fade in the same places. Making the 2014 pair closer than the dmp.

This has been said way too many times, exhausting:
The color used on both VIs that dropped Saturday is "Infrared-23" --- Not "Infrared."
It's very, very close, and as close as we will get, for now. I'm good with this shade.
If it were Nike's "Infrared," Nike woulda called it "Infrared."
But they didn't, they called this color "Infrared-23."
This saves them when everyone screams, "This isn't INFRARED!"
B/c Nike responds with, "You're right, it's not "Infrared," it is "INFRARED-23."
:nerd:

And this is why Nike/JB often renames the colors, because they can't match colors from 20 years ago exactly.

I don't understand the discussion. You either like a sneaker or you don't.

I didn't even understand the problem when people complained about the varsity reds. They clearly named them varsity reds. If you don't like them, don't buy them.

It's way too many people who are just getting them because they're the latest Jordan's, and you can tell.

Think I'll hold on to my 2nd pair until sneakercon. Even though they prob won't be much of a trade. Maybe if I add 50 I can get something decent

dam usually NDC fastest at shipping but mine just left Nashville. whatever tho least its free

whenever an original is darker than the retro - cats say it got darker from aging
whenever an original is lighter than the retro - cats say it got lighter from aging

this is what i'm saying - neither is usually the case tho

i am not saying white midsoles don't yellow...please stop that...yall know better

edit: and the 2012 cements will not be lighter in 20 years either

the shoe is so bright as it is that's why it will lose some brightness over time. Just like something black or dark will lighten over time kind of like a black shirt will fade into a really dark gray

address the specifics of my post if you can please

he cant

These are absolutely fire and I think some of you just complain just to complain because Brand Jordan has basically done Varsity Red, a darker shade of Infrared in the Infrared pack, and now these 2014's which I consider to be the nicest Infrared next to the 2000 black Infrared's and yet it still isn't good enough for alot of folks in here? This is the main reason why I barely pay attention to the quality complaints because of the baseless claims and complaining. Newsflash, these look just like the "infrared" Nike Air Max 90's and Nikes have the SAME EXACT QUALITY AS JORDANS, they are the same company!!!!! Lol good gracious, no wonder Brand Jordan treats us the way they do now in this Hypebeast era, smh...

Y'all complaining about the shade.. I wish they have put Nike air on them :rolleyes

Last edited:
This is just like the charcoal 7s debate between if the dmp was closer to og over 2012. People were going off pictures of the ogs now and some places have gotten lighter making the dmp look closer but if you look at the 2002 pair they're starting to fade in the same places.

Well said, I agree totally.

I'm glad I stuck to my guns and didn't get these. Yes, the infrared from 1991 isn't dark, its somewhat a lighter shade, but still, the 2014 ones are way too faded to me since I finally saw them in person yesterday. 

It just looked like guys wearing girls' shoes to me when I saw them on feet yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom