Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

These >>>>>>>>>> OVO's
Just saying
happy.gif
This. Also a notable rapper/actor wore these in the 90s also.

These >>>>>>>>>> OVO's
Just saying
happy.gif
Definitely. I want these for myself for a part of my collection. I personally think the next OVOs are a long ways from spectacular. Heck, I may even just go ahead and get these because I don't know of the odds for the release of the OVOs.

Trying to get myself a car though so i'm attempting to get my hustle on here and there so that's why I think i'll hold out for OVOs.

I also noticed the difference in the shark teeth gimmick on original and 2016 version.

The shark teeth on originals have curvature whereas the 2016 version have more of a sharp angle like actual teeth.

The shark teeth have been sharper since the 2000 model. The originals from 1990 were the only ones that were ever curved.

Can't wait...getting closer...glad to be apart of it...dudes gonna be mad thirsty for these 10 years from now lol like how the 99s etc been looked at for years including wc4

Lots of people refer to the first AJ V Retros as '99s, but in truth there was NOT an AJ V released in 1999. It's not that big of a deal, it's just one of those small inaccuracies that can get kind of cumbersome when 50 heads in a row state it and quote it, but you know for a fact it's not true.

The white/fire red Vs released on 1/5/2000 and the black/metallic silvers released on 3/15/2000. Don't ask me how I remember. I just have one of those kind of memories for certain things. The original Laneys came next in May of 2000, and the white/silvers dropped on July 5.

The black/red AJ IV Retros DID release in '99 though, on Cinco de Mayo. And the white/cements released on 6/2/1999. The Columbias followed in September and I believe the original Oreos were the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. The original white/chrome (meshless) IVs a.k.a. the Bling Blings (long time NTers probably remember this was about as dumb a nickname as "breds"), were a quickstrike in late April 2000.

Last edited:
Lots of people refer to the first AJ V Retros as '99s, but in truth there was NOT an AJ V released in 1999. It's not that big of a deal, it's just one of those small inaccuracies that can get kind of cumbersome when 50 heads in a row state it and quote it, but you know for a fact it's not true.

The white/fire red Vs released on 1/5/2000 and the black/metallic silvers released on 3/15/2000. Don't ask me how I remember. I just have one of those kind of memories for certain things. The original Laneys came next in May of 2000, and the white/silvers dropped on July 5.

The black/red AJ IV Retros DID release in '99 though, on Cinco de Mayo. And the white/cements released on 6/2/1999. The Columbias followed in September and I believe the original Oreos were the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. The original white/chrome (meshless) IVs a.k.a. the Bling Blings (long time NTers probably remember this was about as dumb a nickname as "breds"), were a quickstrike in late April 2000.

ACCURACY LEVELS… GOING ALL THE WAY UP :smokin … I NEVER SAW ANYONE CALL THE V'S 99'S BUT I WOULD HAVE BEEN CONFUSED TO HEAR SUCH A THING TOO...

Why has not/is not the thread been lit? Minimal arguing, not too much critiques or "I'm excited" posts compared to the cements thread

Back
Top Bottom