Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

not that interested in these?

Heavily on the fence.

$220 is an awful lot for 25 year old technology when we just got the XII "Flu Games" for $190 with 18 year old technology.

If price was sub-$200 would be an easier choice.

Last edited:
If I want the back of my ankles cut up then sure 6s. [emoji]128534[/emoji]

5 > rest

Lots of people refer to the first AJ V Retros as '99s, but in truth there was NOT an AJ V released in 1999. It's not that big of a deal, it's just one of those small inaccuracies that can get kind of cumbersome when 50 heads in a row state it and quote it, but you know for a fact it's not true.

The white/fire red Vs released on 1/5/2000 and the black/metallic silvers released on 3/15/2000. Don't ask me how I remember. I just have one of those kind of memories for certain things. The original Laneys came next in May of 2000, and the white/silvers dropped on July 5.

The black/red AJ IV Retros DID release in '99 though, on Cinco de Mayo. And the white/cements released on 6/2/1999. The Columbias followed in September and I believe the original Oreos were the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. The original white/chrome (meshless) IVs a.k.a. the Bling Blings (long time NTers probably remember this was about as dumb a nickname as "breds"), were a quickstrike in late April 2000.

ACCURACY LEVELS… GOING ALL THE WAY UP :smokin … I NEVER SAW ANYONE CALL THE V'S 99'S BUT I WOULD HAVE BEEN CONFUSED TO HEAR SUCH A THING TOO...

A lot of people call them 99's because of the production date on the tag.

​
The 2014 Black Infrared 6's hurt the ish outta of toes @ARK27. Even with extra shoe pads, they feel like they're cuttin' the **** outta them. The entire shoe is overall, too narrow & uncomfortable. I think I should've copped a 12 1/2. They look beautiful as hell though, outside of steel toe boot toebox.
 ​
laugh.gif
 ​
The 2011 BM 5 were comfortable as **** IMO, but the ashy larry material got dusty with the quickness. The toe box creased terribly, also. Overall, they just didn't age well, the 3M was non existent... and the shoes were just made very cheaply.

Last edited:
Lots of people refer to the first AJ V Retros as '99s, but in truth there was NOT an AJ V released in 1999. It's not that big of a deal, it's just one of those small inaccuracies that can get kind of cumbersome when 50 heads in a row state it and quote it, but you know for a fact it's not true.

The white/fire red Vs released on 1/5/2000 and the black/metallic silvers released on 3/15/2000. Don't ask me how I remember. I just have one of those kind of memories for certain things. The original Laneys came next in May of 2000, and the white/silvers dropped on July 5.

The black/red AJ IV Retros DID release in '99 though, on Cinco de Mayo. And the white/cements released on 6/2/1999. The Columbias followed in September and I believe the original Oreos were the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. The original white/chrome (meshless) IVs a.k.a. the Bling Blings (long time NTers probably remember this was about as dumb a nickname as "breds"), were a quickstrike in late April 2000.
Quoted for effectiveness.

That's one of those things that irk me as well, and I was forced to deal with it cause so many people don't really care to be that accurate.

REPPED.

They were tearing the game up when the Bling Blings dropped. Nickname makes perfect sense, just like Bred.

Last edited:

These would've been VERY welcomed.
 ​
 ​
 ​
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 ​
Minus the horrendous "23" on the side of the shoes.
 ​
Or these @jaylaw15...
 ​
glasses.gif
 ​
 ​
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
 ​

Last edited:

These would've been VERY welcomed.

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Minus the horrendous "23" on the side of the shoes.

Or these @jaylaw15

8)

:nthat: :nthat: :nthat: :nthat: :nthat: :nthat:  ​
give me the green pair. I'm pissed at the sudden hype beast interest on those red shoes especially since they got hit sale racks when originally released. It seems like Kanye sill has people hyped over red shoes.

If they released again they'd be impossible to get with show folks even getting violent maybe. I'm too old for all that jazz

Last edited:
Those Vs are crazy. I'd be happy to see either in the near future especially I was super young when they first dropped and since then have skyrocketed in price.

Last edited:
I feel you @jaylaw15. That's was back when the overall hype for Jordan Retros just died. Nobody was messing with those packs at all, outside of the 2010 Infrared pack. The Raging Bull pack sat at malls here in Cincy, for like a year & a half. They even went on sale. I should've grabbed em, but I couldn't bring myself to pay $300+ for shoe back then.
 ​
I'd rather have the Olive 5's myself, honestly. I have to many black & red shoes already. Even though those are my favorite colors, I've been wanting those Olive 5's forever, & the Undefeated 4's. I wish those would re-retro badly. All they have to do is change the netting, & make it like the netting on the 2016 WC 4's. After that, get rid of the detachable "Flight" patch... So the OG's can remain sought after. That's just my opinion though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom