Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

I'm with ya. Even shoes I've worn 30-40+ times look almost new. And because of that, I've never bothered doubling up on anything. I could see doubling up on a pair if you planned on wearing them a couple times a week for a couple years, but if you have a half decent collection (and mine is quite small compared to most on this site) and rotate through it all at least somewhat regularly, I really don't see the point, since JB re-retros stuff pretty often these days.

Having said that, if I manage to cop these NA WC IV's, I'll look at it as my first ever double up since I already have the 2012s. My 2012s still look great, but if I can score, I'll move the 2012s out of the closet, and next to the door, store the 2016s for a bit, and really get some wear on my 2012s
smokin.gif
Sounds like a good strategy!  Particularly since the '12s apparently aren't that comfortable and likely lower overall quality, getting a fresh pair of higher grade makes a lot of sense for a shoe you love.  Hope you get your pair!

Sounds like a good strategy!  Particularly since the '12s apparently aren't that comfortable and likely lower overall quality, getting a fresh pair of higher grade makes a lot of sense for a shoe you love.  Hope you get your pair!
Yea they aren't very comfortable at all, they feel like bricks :lol: . Terrible leather quality too. However, having said that, they are durable as ****! That plastic leather just does not crease at all, and the midsole paint on them has held up the best out of all my other 4s, and I've worn the WC 4s the most. So, they'd be perfect beaters.

Thanks for the well wishes, hopefully you and everyone else won't have a hard time, and JB releases em in large numbers. :smokin

OVO 10s releasing all star weekend. One distraction from these is confirmed I hope more follow so these will be easier to get. I know youngins and actual sneaker heads would say I'm lazy because I don't put in the work but when I stopped buying shoes in 2011 you didn't have to put in much work at all to get shoes. That started in 2012 to mid 2015. I am not a snakehead nor do I have the time to camp out and stuff like that

OVO 10s releasing all star weekend. One distraction from these is confirmed I hope more follow so these will be easier to get. I know youngins and actual sneaker heads would say I'm lazy because I don't put in the work but when I stopped buying shoes in 2011 you didn't have to put in much work at all to get shoes. That started in 2012 to mid 2015. I am not a snakehead nor do I have the time to camp out and stuff like that

OVO 10 merely a gnat compared to the 4. My flyswatter will be targeted on the big fly. :rofl:

:lol: at everyone trying to unload those 2012s before these release. Couple of weeks ago people still wanted $350-$400 but now people are struggling to move DS pairs for $250-$275 :rofl:

Glad I sold mine earlier this year for $475 :smokin :lol:

:lol: at everyone trying to unload those 2012s before these release. Couple of weeks ago people still wanted $350-$400 but now people are struggling to move DS pairs for $250-$275 :rofl:

Glad I sold mine earlier this year for $475 :smokin :lol:

475??? I sold a nds pair for 225 about ayear ago....475????

I am not a sneakerhead nor do I have the time to camp out and stuff like that
Preach. Most sneakerheads are people I wouldn't want to be associated with, so I don't consider myself one. I'm too old to be sitting outside for 12+ hours with a bunch of 16 year olds. I don't mind showing up 2 or 3 hours early, but that is about it. If I can get these 2016's online, or through a raffle, cool. If not, no biggie, its on to the next release :smokin

I know I'm probably in the minority here, but I'd actually prefer if JB still used the old Polyurethane midsoles as opposed to the more durable Ethylene Vinyl Acetate found on later retros. The PU midsoles were so much softer and more comfortable. I don't really care if the shoes fall apart in 15 years. At the rate JB retros stuff nowadays, it's really a non-issue for me.

On a related note... What are current AJV retro midsoles made of? I haven't owned a pair newer than 2007, but the 07's were still using PU; whereas I believe the AJIV switched to EVA in 2004.
i agree on the softer and more comfortable, but i like how they last longer now because i don't wear every pair every day, so they last much longer. it's good that the midsole they have now also last longer. i would hate for a pair of shoes i don't wear much that would just fall apart and i have to buy a new pair every time they decide to retro them. If i was wearing them daily like back in school then I would like the old material better.

the V should be the same thing as the VI. just picked up a 2013 3M fire red not long ago. they are hard as hell just like the recent VIs. the outsole rubber as also hard as hell that you can throw the shoe at someone and knock them out. i don't mind it tho, still like it even tho it's low grade leather. shoe also feels more roomie than the 99 that i had. 

Last edited:
Had JB been an established brand back in the day, Tinker would have put the jumpman on the back in heartbeat.  The jumpman actually looks cleaner.  He's probably laughing at everyone these days, thinking that he either prefers the look, or even got shot down by the execs when he mocked up the 3 and 4 with jumpmans....!  10 years from now people will be begging for OG colorways with jumpmans, and customs will swap out the NA...

Last edited:
Had JB been an established brand back in the day, Tinker would have put the jumpman on the back in heartbeat.  The jumpman actually looks cleaner.  He's probably laughing at everyone these days, thinking that he either prefers the look, or even got shot down by the execs when he mocked up the 3 and 4 with jumpmans....!  10 years from now people will be begging for OG colorways with jumpmans, and customs will have swap out the NA...

Couldn't disagree with all of this more and I wager most of the thread will as well.

Had JB been an established brand back in the day, Tinker would have put the jumpman on the back in heartbeat.  The jumpman actually looks cleaner.  He's probably laughing at everyone these days, thinking that he either prefers the look, or even got shot down by the execs when he mocked up the 3 and 4 with jumpmans....!  10 years from now people will be begging for OG colorways with jumpmans, and customs will have swap out the NA...
Except no. The 3's and 4's heel outlines the NA. Putting a Jumpman there doesn't follow the design and doesn't make any sense. Furthermore, theres already a Jumpman on the tongue. The last person who would be ok with duplicate random Jumpman logos all over the shoe would be Tinker. It looks stupid af. Its like, yo we get it, its a Jordan, take it easy. One is enough on any shoe. Look at how Tinker approached the 23. There is 1 Jumpman total. Tinker knows whats up and what looks gaudy and tacky. A jump man on the tongue and heel looks gaudy and tacky. As hard as they try NA will always look more prestigious on 3-6 and a Jumpman logo makes them look like a cheap variant. The design looks better with a NA because it was designed with NA in mind.

Last edited:
While some may see shape arguments as trivial, it's all hard to ignore it on this model. The Nike air is great and I'll prob buy but the shape is kindve making it easy to overlook the Nike air. We should start seeing more retail pairs soon I hope.

While some may see shape arguments as trivial, it's all hard to ignore it on this model. The Nike air is great and I'll prob buy but the shape is kindve making it easy to overlook the Nike air. We should start seeing more retail pairs soon I hope.

They just can't seem to the right curvature of the II or IV. It's banana goes and comes to almost a right angle where the two pieces meet rather than sloping (if that makes any sense). I just don't know how they got it in 1999 but haven't since.

They just can't seem to the right curvature of the II or IV. It's banana goes and comes to almost a right angle where the two pieces meet rather than sloping (if that makes any sense). I just don't know how they got it in 1999 but haven't since.
They could get it done easily, If they wanted to @AIRGOLDEN2123. They just choose not to, for some strange, and ambiguous reason....

Anyways, here's another pic that was just posted on shoulee81's Instagram...

pimp.gif

The cement, and speckles are lookin' on point.

I just hope we can get actual pictures soon, because my lust for these is at maximum!!!

Back
Top Bottom