Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

Had JB been an established brand back in the day, Tinker would have put the jumpman on the back in heartbeat.  The jumpman actually looks cleaner.  He's probably laughing at everyone these days, thinking that he either prefers the look, or even got shot down by the execs when he mocked up the 3 and 4 with jumpmans....!  10 years from now people will be begging for OG colorways with jumpmans, and customs will swap out the NA...
Is it possible to give an un-rep for this?

Originally Posted by jc619er  ​
And yes they should come with a hang tag as the OGs did back in the day.​

^^^^^^
 ​
You're **** right @jc619er, it's the only way if they're goin' to call them the "Air Jordan 4 Retro OG". Plus all 4's since 2012 have come with a hang tag, I don't see a reason why these would be any different.
 ​
Two reps for you G.

Last edited:
A couple of my homeboys just went back and copped the 2012 version. IDK I think that the 2015's will be better. I hated how the 2012's had less cement speckles and a lighter grey tone on them

With $220 they should have the OG smell that came out in 1989
laugh.gif
 That nostalgia smell. the smell of NY when buggin out got his 4's rolled over. Good times 

Originally Posted by killuminati  

With $220 they should have the OG smell that came out in 1989
True, but I'll be happy if they just have the fresh shoe smell of the 2015 "Oreo" 4's, or the "Black/Infrared 6's from last year... That shoe smell was truly delightful IMO...

LOL, same rumors, same type of topics. all the hand tag, and authenticity talk about the IG woeful got people unsettled.  no need to panic at all.

Probably not real (I think this dude deals with fakes) but none the less still a cool video to see (IMO)
Yes he does, 100% sells fakes. I got like 10 testimonials on IG people getting fakes saved on my phone.

no way in hell dude gets shoes over jordan athletes and the like. 5 months before a release
he removed a video he had on his channel of a testimonial for gamma 12s that had PATENT LEATHER.

Last edited:
Had JB been an established brand back in the day, Tinker would have put the jumpman on the back in heartbeat.  The jumpman actually looks cleaner.  He's probably laughing at everyone these days, thinking that he either prefers the look, or even got shot down by the execs when he mocked up the 3 and 4 with jumpmans....!  10 years from now people will be begging for OG colorways with jumpmans, and customs will swap out the NA...

Lol, they were designed as NIKE AIR Jordan's. The Nike Air branding on the heel was well thought out and a detail that was preferred by most. These logo's and fonts are important to the overall look of a shoe.

A great example of this is when Nike swapped out the flaming tennis ball for the most generic logo ever on the Tech III

View media item 1825964

View media item 1825963

The Nike Air on the heel is much more proportionate to the overall design, the Jumpman logo on the heel makes them almost look like blanks :lol:

View media item 1825966

I think Jordan Brand felt that MJ The player and his accomplishments are what mostly lead people to buy these and that the Nike Air branding wasn't that important when in reality it was mostly good design with the icing on the cake being that the greatest basketball player of all time wore them (my opinion of course)

Last edited:
Lol, they were designed as NIKE AIR Jordan's. The Nike Air branding on the heel was well thought out and a detail that was preferred by most. These logo's and fonts are important to the overall look of a shoe.

A great example of this is when Nike swapped out the flaming tennis ball for the most generic logo ever on the Tech III

View media item 1825964

View media item 1825963

The Nike Air on the heel is much more proportionate to the overall design, the Jumpman logo on the heel makes them almost look like blanks :lol:

View media item 1825966

I think Jordan Brand felt that MJ The player and his accomplishments are what mostly lead people to buy these and that the Nike Air branding wasn't that important when in reality it was mostly good design with the icing on the cake being that the greatest basketball player of all time wore them (my opinion of course)
I agree 100%, for me being a younger cat who barely remembers the Nike air on retros from 2000, and then seeing the Jumpman a lot, I think the Nike Air looks a whole lot better aesthetically. And usually Nike air on a shoe had good quality and materials to match. As someone who paid attention to little details and appreciates aesthetics, the NIke Air looks WAYYY better.

View media item 1825968
The Nike air looks better and fills the space on the heel. Tbh Nike air is hype for some, Nostalgia for others, and aesthetically pleasing for folks like me.

Last edited:
Nike promised Michael Jordan his own brand which is why the NA progressively went away starting with the 6's having the NA on the back in the same color of the upper (sans the carmine 6's) 7's had no visible Nike logo except the the insole and kept on going...

I feel as though the Air Jordan's that had a visible Nike Air logo should always have it. It's not as if JB is it's own entity. JB will always be Nike, just their urban division lol...

Back
Top Bottom