Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
Local consignment shop has a pair in my sz for $350. Earlier this week or even during the weekend they were selling them for $400 ($250 for GS sizes). I know that might be considered a "steal" to some, but I'm still hesitant. I probably won't have a chance if/when NDC releases, but still. At this point, I would rather take the L and move on instead of paying so much over retail. I'm staying woke though in case ***t. :nerd:

@taz92, will do.

@famousnobodi, $230 and $240. Not much of a difference there, but still a bit lower than they were doing on RD.

Shoot that info my way if you dont mind :nerd:

Yeah, he's def onto something

:smh:

*checks sig*

These size 8s looking real nice right now

:nerd:

:nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

*mobile spoiler*

Repped my size

Last edited:

I would like to see Nike ship their stock to outlets and have them launched that way

randomly
randomly is the key there and even still, employees are gonna tell their friends/buyers.

funny, people want these pairs to end up in stores, but the reason for the heavy move to mobile was to prevent the madness of fcfs

Yeah but that's from an individual perspective. From a general perspective, it makes more sense to allocate the inventory through online to appease people in places that don't have these types of outlets.
I honestly meant retailers in general

I wouldnt mind them being raffled again

Online is an automatic L 

That is NOT true. Only people who are lucky to live near destination spots that have Nike outlets that would get shoes like this, win out. Other people will not. If these shoes are online, and Nike does it's job in protecting real consumers from missing out on a pair due to ATC and Bot loaded parties, then that is as fair as it can be given the circumstances.
QFT.  A LOT of NTers forget that not everyone has stores that get these types of releases around them, so when they say to put in work and you will get them, online and MAYBE a few raffles to stores a couple hours away are really the only way to get them aside from eBay or consignment shops in big cities with higher supply.

You can't trust people to do the right thing the majority of the time. If what is left for retail ends up at Niketowns or outlets, it would be a shame for people not anywhere near by. These would be scooped up by employees, sold out the backdoor, or sold to "privileged" customers. At least with an NDC's provisions, it generates a more "fair" playing field for these..

To the people waiting on the NDC drop (which might not happen) or restocks:

When was the last time yall scored on one of those for a super hyped shoe like this with generally lower quantities?
I agree with you, but the way NDC has been going after bots recently (today) and banning people left and right, I think more people may get thru manually. I still think bots will always exist, but at least they're being proactive now.

I honestly meant retailers in general

I wouldnt mind them being raffled again

Online is an automatic L 

The raffles have the potential to be just as rigged, and with NDC being the only retail inventory left at this point for these, spreading these throughout the country will only result in more L's across the board.

If you miss out online, then you miss out online. Even though people will circumvent the issues NDC is currently dealing with, if NDC can utilize a better online strategy for this release, then AGAIN..this will be a lot more "fair" in terms of buying these, given the after market price.

Originally Posted by BreezyHamilton  

randomly is the key there and even still, employees are gonna tell their friends/buyers.

funny, people want these pairs to end up in stores, but the reason for the heavy move to mobile was to prevent the madness of fcfs
Difference is the method of release...  I'm assuming it would be a QS (unannounced drop) vs. a@Nike[Local Store] tweet announcing a specific day/time for the release.

The former would be advantageous for me.  
happy.gif

Last edited:

Difference is the method of release...  I'm assuming it would be a QS (unannounced drop) vs. a@Nike[Local Store] tweet announcing a specific day/time for the release.

The former would be advantageous for me.  
happy.gif

laugh.gif
. that's the point tho - something's always going to to be advantageous to someone, and a detriment to another. raffle, fcfs, online, 

What about the FNL online release? I know they said it happened but did it really? Did anyone on here cop from FNL?

Last edited:

I agree with you, but the way NDC has been going after bots recently (today) and banning people left and right, I think more people may get thru manually. I still think bots will always exist, but at least they're being proactive now.
anyone with the smarts to write a bot can certainly get around a nike ban. i agree, it looks like nike is taking it seriously - why else, postpone a huge moneymaker like the chi drop, but they better come back with a solution that takes longer than a week to beat

The fairest thing I ever seen in the sneaker game was when the Yeezy 2 release and footlocker did the raffle thru the computer. My boy legit got picked for the re raffle.

Computer raffles where the computer picks the winner and emails them is pretty fair

Last edited:
FNL.com was a zoo on Saturday. I haven't read one NT'er talk about copping from that site, yet they still sold out. :lol:

Yea even if your lurking right now if you got a pair from FNL make an account and show us. I haven't seen it anywhere. I don't even think they had these joints

I would love to see Nike send random customers an email that says we put your size in your cart. You have until midnight to checkout.

Does nike have their yearly white black redor popular mass produced back to school shoe in august/september scheduled yet?

Hmmmm

Back
Top Bottom