NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can you not like a player like Sherman ? I love players like him who constantly bucking on the field...him, Steve smith, Finnergan, Roddy...love those types

How can you not like a player like Sherman ? I love players like him who constantly bucking on the field...him, Steve smith, Finnergan, Roddy...love those types

Two of my favorite players were Bo Jackson and Barry Sanders. My favorite wrestler was Bret Hart. It's very possible for people to prefer a quiet demeanor in an athlete

That said I do like Sherman, but not hard to fathom someone not liking his personality on the field

Sherman is one of those dudes you would hate to play against but love on your team.

He's about that life though :pimp:

Cortland we know is not :pimp: :pimp:

Thanks for that Black and Decker article. :smokin

Didn't really care any way who won this year til now.

Last edited:
Black and Decker. :pimp:

Decker and his fiancée, country music singer Jessie James.

Atta boy. :smokin

Last edited:
I don't get Fed Ex. Like all newer stadiums are very obvious to see that they are newer. Heinz, Qwest, Dallas, M&T, Cleveland, Lincoln, even Paul Brown. But with Fed Ex, I swear for the first few years I just thought they renamed RFK. What happened, why isn't it "newer"?

Edit - just FYI I did actually know it was a new stadium it just never felt or looked new in my outsider opinion
Fed Ex stadium and the field at Fed Ex is the way it is due to Daniel Synder and his MISUSE money.  Which is the same point that I highlighted earlier on in the year with Skins fans, and the reason why I thought RGII's career would be hindered here in DC, mixed in with Mike Shanahan's piss-poor decision making, in which I ended up being correct on.  Synder simply doesn't invest in Fed Ex stadium at all, from the field, to paint around the stadium to air filters being openly exposed.  The place is a dump, except for the suites for the most part. 

There's a reason why things such as the Military Bowl which just took place here in December and the AT&T Labor Day Classic game take place in RFK and not Fed Ex.  Synder charges top dollar for below average accommodations, and now his cheap habits from making improvements to the field at least may have very well cost the Skins and RGIII for next year in some manner.
Skins needs to play in DC. PERIOD.

2028....then it will be a reality. (Stadium lease up in 2027)
laugh.gif
The Skins aren't coming back to DC until DC United gets a new stadium deal champ.  Now that DC United is under new ownership hopefully that happens soon, but first that needs to occur before they can even think about tearing down RFK and bringing the team back to DC at that site location.  

Sherman jaws too much for my tastes but damn Adderall or not, that kid can play. There's nothing like seeing a great CB play in my opinion....

If Chris Clemons was playing I'd be willing to say the Seahawks were going to win but without him, not so sure. Every game this weekend should be great...Looking forward to some good football...

In other news Doctors confirmed what many knew already....Seau’s brain was damaged by head trauma (CTE)...RIP....BTW, this is effecting a lot of soldiers too...Sad situation...

Last edited:
With Chris Clemons out, Bruce Irvin should shine. He doesn't have to worry about that read option this weekend...just get to Matty Ice.

Fed Ex stadium and the field at Fed Ex is the way it is due to Daniel Synder and his MISUSE money.  Which is the same point that I highlighted earlier on in the year with Skins fans, and the reason why I thought RGII's career would be hindered here in DC, mixed in with Mike Shanahan's piss-poor decision making, in which I ended up being correct on.  Synder simply doesn't invest in Fed Ex stadium at all, from the field, to paint around the stadium to air filters being openly exposed.  The place is a dump, except for the suites for the most part. 

There's a reason why things such as the Military Bowl which just took place here in December and the AT&T Labor Day Classic game take place in RFK and not Fed Ex.  Synder charges top dollar for below average accommodations, and now his cheap habits from making improvements to the field at least may have very well cost the Skins and RGIII for next year in some manner.

The Skins aren't coming back to DC until DC United gets a new stadium deal champ.  Now that DC United is under new ownership hopefully that happens soon, but first that needs to occur before they can even think about tearing down RFK and bringing the team back to DC at that site location.  

Are you talking about the resistance to build a soccer stadium in DC? Or are you saying the United getting a soccer only stadium would pave the way for the Skins getting what they want? Bottom line, it's A LOT of tax dollars and other funding. More would be on board for the Skins moving back to DC, but there are a ton of hurdles.

As far as Snyder...check this out:

Daniel Snyder fired groundskeepers in ’99 for ‘crappy fields’ that were dangerous

:smh:

I think changes will be made going into next year. From what I was reading, players had green paint on their cleats following the game on Sunday.

*I heard the 49ers field is in awful shape.

Suprised you aint gone fishing yet?? lol you watching the gm this weekend look i got extra room on the couch after all well all be sitting at home next week :lol:

Look at you, disappeared for most of the season.

Nice sig though, adding Alabama soon?

Are you talking about the resistance to build a soccer stadium in DC? Or are you saying the United getting a soccer only stadium would pave the way for the Skins getting what they want?
Both.  The only location for the Skins to return to DC would be where RFK is, this is according to the DC Sports Commission.  Parking is already there as well as metro, but the current tenants of RFK, that being DC United would have to be placed somewhere before they tear down RFK and build a new stadium.  The DC government isn't or for the time being didn't want to build a soccer stadium near Waterfront metro which is where it is suppose to be near.
As far as Snyder...check this out:
Thanks for that article, and I'm not surprised by that at all.  This is the same owner that fired most of his front office a few years ago only to shortly thereafter hire them right back. 
I heard the 49ers field is in awful shape.
That's probably true, but the 49ers are just holding out for one more year until the new stadium is complete.

Jags keep slipping into the abyss :pimp:

Another HC, another system to install, and tebow as starting QB :pimp: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom