News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

They have a Lion King TV Series coming out.

Disney announced new details of the new Lion King television series known as The Lion Guard.

James Earl Jones, who played Mufasa in the 1994 film, will be reprising his role as the father of Simba and former king of the Pride Lands. Ernie Sabella will also be returning to the role of Pumbaa, the warthog who Simba meets after fleeing the Pride Lands at the advice of his uncle.

Ahead of the series' debut, a primetime movie titled The Lion Guard: Return of the Roar will air this November. Disney will preview The Lion Guard: Return of the Roar at the D23 Expo in Anaheim tomorrow. Return of the Roar will serve as a primer to the upcoming series, which tells the story of Simba's second-born cub Kion.

Rob Lowe will voice Simba, with Gabrielle Union playing Nala and Max Charles starring as Kion.

Last edited:

Disney announced new details of the new Lion King television series known as The Lion Guard.

James Earl Jones, who played Mufasa in the 1994 film, will be reprising his role as the father of Simba and former king of the Pride Lands. Ernie Sabella will also be returning to the role of Pumbaa, the warthog who Simba meets after fleeing the Pride Lands at the advice of his uncle.

Ahead of the series' debut, a primetime movie titled The Lion Guard: Return of the Roar will air this November. Disney will preview The Lion Guard: Return of the Roar at the D23 Expo in Anaheim tomorrow. Return of the Roar will serve as a primer to the upcoming series, which tells the story of Simba's second-born cub Kion.

Rob Lowe will voice Simba, with Gabrielle Union playing Nala and Max Charles starring as Kion.
Yeah I peeped it
Seems good
Hope my kids watch so I have a reason to watch

Lion King was completely fine being a one and done tale but I understand wanting more of that Timone and Pumbaa money.

That the sequel went straight to dvd is weird, kinda shows they had no faith in it. If they did another theatrical sequel they'd probably ignore it .

Just watched the preview for this...

NO! NO GOT DAMMIT WHY MUST THEY RUIN MY CHILDHOOD

Lion King 1 is literally the greatest film ever made, and LK2 was pretty damn good as a sequel, but they follow up with this?!

Disney Junior son?!

THEY GAVE THAT LITTLE LION A MY LITTLE PONY CUTIE MARK :smh: what happened to the spiritual African theme of the other two movies :x

I'm gonna go cry now

Last edited:

Yeah I peeped it
Seems good
Can't watch it on your own? :lol:

Yeah I peeped it
Seems good
Can't watch it on your own? :lol:
Nope
Unless it's legend of Korra
Or young justice type good

Damn. Not sure if I am more excited for Disney's or Universal's Jungle Book. Right now i am leaning more toward's Universal tho

They pushed theirs back to 2017 tho. Just so audiences arent saying "Jungle book? I just saw that. Surprised it's still in theatres"

Last edited:
You right about that.

Cameron just jacked the plot of Pocahontas and made the natives blue aliens. The main draw for the movie was the cgi for some reason. That's it.

I thought it was solid. Enjoyed watching it in the theater. My friends enjoyed it as well.

You and I are probably the only nt'ers who would watch the sequel. So many people acting like the first one was one of the worst movies ever.

Watch it on HBO when comes out in HD since the visuals are the only thing good about the movie.

Last edited:
I saw half of Avatar on Mega..... and decided that is was meh.
Years later i saw the ending on dvd and concluded that it was Meh.

I might be the only person looking forward to the Peanuts movie.

[COLOR=#red]No you're not... my fiancee and I can't wait![/COLOR]

Damn man
Is avatar 2 still releasing next year
James Cameron gotta stop bs'n

You and I are probably the only nt'ers who would watch the sequel. So many people acting like the first one was one of the worst movies ever.

[COLOR=#red]Incorrect about that as well... I'm in.

In for...
Toy Story 4
Incredibles 2
Disney's Jungle Book
Every Pirates ever... don't care. I enjoy them.[/COLOR]

ORLANDO BLOOM IS BACK YES!!!
Are the OG directors returning as well? Keira Knightley? I hope they return one last time to end the series...I still haven't seen Part 4 other than the movie being spoiled for me during the POTC ride at Disneyland lol.

In regards to the Pixar sequels:

- Finding Dory should be fun. Nemo was a really good film and the visuals were amazing. I hope Brucy comes back lol.

- Toy Story 4: Personally, I wished the series ended at 3 and continued with the short films that they release during the holiday season. (Still need to see the Holloween short film and the one with the dinosaurs) With Rashida Jones writing the film, I sure it will be good. Toy Story is still marketable. Side note: I really thought they were all going to die in part three...And for some reason, I would have been okay with that.

- Cars: Only watched the first film, but this seems to be highly marketable too. Carsland at Disney California is great...So I see why Disney is still pushing that title.

-Incredibles 2: Really looking forward to this film. That's all lol.

Hoping Good Dinosaur is another hit...After all the delays the film had...I hope Pixar has another hit on their hands.

Last edited:
I am one of the very few who thought Cars was pretty good (on NT it seems), not great but not bad either, just an entertaining watch for me. I guess I like almost any movie that involves cars?

With that said, I hated that the sequel focused on Mater, just the dumbest decision ever made by Disney/Pixar and I think mostly dude to the characters toy selling well (?) and Larry the Cable Guys popularity.

I thought Cars was cool as well. And I agree making mater The main character as a dumb decision.
I personally can't wait for Avatar. Movie was awesome

Back
Top Bottom