News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

Wonder what white people they'll cast.
To be fair, Naruto really should be a blonde white kid. However, sasuke, neji and rock lee should be Asian.

I never watched the anime. A lot of my friends like it, I've been wanting to check it out. I still find it funny how the Attack On Titan movie did the reverse of what America usually does and made all the characters Japanese. I guess if you want people to watch make the characters look like the audience.

KHuS27O.png

The character with the beard makes me think Gerard Butler turned it down after Russell Crowe turned it down :lol:

I'll give it a chance cuz it's AMC and an Asian lead but it really seems like it's living off the fight scenes and they seem not up to par given how stakes have been raised. DD has great fight scenes, The Raid leveled up the whole game, movies like John Wick really make gun fights mixed with hand to hand better. They better be on their grind with these sword fights.

This less advanced slavery times world is not interesting to me. Got a bunch of white slaves doing field work with a other races mixed in while white ppl are still in charge. Should've made a statement and made all the slave masters black.
Wonder what white people they'll cast.
To be fair, Naruto really should be a blonde white kid. However, sasuke, neji and rock lee should be Asian.
Watch Rock Lee end up being that wolf boy from Twilight, Taylor something.

Sauske gonna be the palest white guy they can find (pale white girls gonna be allowed to audition too).

Bet Ten Ten with the minor role is the only one that's Asian.
I think that in Naruto there are some characters that could absolutely be white. It isn't a show where all races are definite like AoT or FMA

Sakura could very well be white, and I wouldn't mind that but Sasuke has to be Asian.
Prepare for the white washing b. Extra bleach (no manga pun intended).

Prometheus 2 starts filming Januery 2016.

Unless I hear amazing things from people I trust.. I have zero interest in this

Prometheus is one of the biggest disappointments I have in any movie recently.. Can only think of the Star Wars prequels and the last Indiana jones topping it

All that talent and the subject matter.. And this supposed great script that got hacked by Ridley and dude from lost

And you have ridley's last couple movies

New Martian viral video

Andy Weir signed my Martian book last month too...cant wait until this movie! Hopefully it's really good and can show that Ridley can improve on the Prometheus product. So much potential with that franchise.

Last edited:
The Conjuring and Furious 7 helmer James Wan has reportedly signed on to produce Warner Bros.’ Mortal Kombat movie

James Wan, whose Furious 7 hit theaters earlier this summer, is, according to a story today at The Tracking Board, set to serve as producer on New Line Cinema and Broken Road’s Mortal Kombat movie.

With Wan set to produce, it is believed that the Mortal Kombat movie will move forward sooner rather than later. The project was being planned, a few years back, to be helmed by choreographer turned director Kevin Tancharoen. Responsible for the popular web series adaptation, “Mortal Kombat: Legacy,” Tancharoen announced himself that he would not helm the Mortal Kombat movie back in 2013.

According the outlet, the Mortal Kombat movie will follow a male protagonist who becomes drawn into the interdimensional tournament, and who begins to realize his true potential as a result of the experience. The screenplay hails from “Legacy” scribe Oren Uziel and well as The Expendables and Godzilla‘s Dave Callaham.

Prometheus could've been better. I liked it because I'm a sci-fi guy. In the official thread someone posted about how the movie was clear and didn't have confusing parts like most of us were complaining about. I thought he was an idiot.

Yeah the movie was slightly confusing and not because we wasn't paying attention but because they skimmed on things to leave room for that almighty sequel and poor storytelling. Still don't know why they kept it a secret that the old man was aboard. He funded the whole thing. Made no sense

Last edited:
Movie could have been so good.. The script was supposedly there and they had great actors

But Ridley decided to switch thing up and brought in ole boy from lost to make crap unnecessarily confusing.. Think comicbookgirl19 broke it down in this video (watched it a while ago.. So not sure if it was her or someone else who broke the issues down):

The Conjuring and Furious 7 helmer James Wan has reportedly signed on to produce Warner Bros.’ Mortal Kombat movie

James Wan, whose Furious 7 hit theaters earlier this summer, is, according to a story today at The Tracking Board, set to serve as producer on New Line Cinema and Broken Road’s Mortal Kombat movie.

With Wan set to produce, it is believed that the Mortal Kombat movie will move forward sooner rather than later. The project was being planned, a few years back, to be helmed by choreographer turned director Kevin Tancharoen. Responsible for the popular web series adaptation, “Mortal Kombat: Legacy,” Tancharoen announced himself that he would not helm the Mortal Kombat movie back in 2013.

According the outlet, the Mortal Kombat movie will follow a male protagonist who becomes drawn into the interdimensional tournament, and who begins to realize his true potential as a result of the experience. The screenplay hails from “Legacy” scribe Oren Uziel and well as The Expendables and Godzilla‘s Dave Callaham.

Let's hope they do it justice. Maybe a SF movie follows.

DC Office tv show

DC Comics Workplace Comedy Lands At NBC With Pilot Production Commitment

The primetime DC Comics universe is expanding in a comedy direction. In a competitive situation, Powerless, a half-hour single-camera comedy from A To Z creator Ben Queen and Warner Bros. TV, has landed at NBC with a pilot production commitment.

The project evokes NBC’s signature comedy series The Office, but with superheroes. Based on characters from DC Comics, Powerless is a workplace comedy set at one of the worst insurance companies in America — with the twist being that it also takes place in the universe of DC Comics. The show is about the reality of working life for a normal, powerless person in a world of superheroes and villains.

It hasn’t been determined yet exactly which DC characters will appear on the show, but I hear the list is not expected to include the biggest DC brands like Batman and Superman. The focus of the series is on the ordinary, “power-less” folk working at the insurance company who often envy the men and women outside their window who make headlines with their supernatural powers. Queen, who is under an overall deal at WBTV, is the writer/executive producer.

Comedy is a natural extension for the DC brand as there is not much room left for expansion on the drama side, with five DC Universe series on the broadcast networks (Gotham on Fox; Supergirl on CBS; Arrow, The Flash and Legends Of Tomorrow on the CW) and a sixth in the works in cable (Titans on TNT).

Powerless reunites Queen with NBC where he created and executive produced comedy A To Z, also from WBTV. Previously, he created and executive produced the 2007 Fox/20th TV drama series Drive, which starred Emma Stone and Nathan Fillion. On the feature side, he wrote Cars 2 for Pixar and previously wrote Slanted & Enchanted for Warner Bros. Queen is repped by UTA and attorney David Webber.

NBC is making a push in comedy for next season. The network yesterday announced a straight-to-series order to a project from Mike Schur and a pilot order to a comedy produced by Tina Fey and Robert Carlock.

Didn't she get destroyed or given away in between toy story 2 and 3? Maybe it'll be about him finding her or a prequel.

Man they reall ended TOy Story perfectly.

I love those films, but they definitely should of ended it with 3.

I would have been fine if Toy Story ended with 3.. but if they're moving on from Andy and that aspect, then I get it storywise.

I know we'd all like to see more original movies, but I really can't blame them. Huge amount of money, critical success, and the sentimental aspect of doing another Toy Story... even if it's just the money 
laugh.gif
 I get it. I'd much rather have a Toy Story 4 than a Cars 3, that's for damn sure.

I'm indifferent to Finding Dory, probably because I wasn't the biggest fan of Finding Nemo, but I'm not complaining. And The Incredibles 2 should have happened awhile ago, so I'm all for that one.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom