News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

This FF footage delay is nothing but a ploy to cover up how bad the film is. What fox has failed to realize with this reboot is that FF is one of Marvels most campiest heroes. Trying to ground the movie in realism is against everything the "FANTASTIC" Four stand for. They had something going with Rise of the Silver Surfer honestly and they didn't even realize. They should just cancel the film and give the film rights back to marvel and save themselves the embarrassment. They still have the xmen rights, just let Marvel develop the galactic side properly with galactus and the skrulls

Last edited:
???

the only thing good about those movies was captain america as the human torch 

You didn't like silver surfer? And if Galactus was actually shown instead of clouds forming the silhouette of his helmet the movie would've been remembered a lot different...

This FF footage delay is nothing but a ploy to cover up how bad the film is. What fox has failed to realize with this reboot is that FF is one of Marvels most campiest heroes. Trying to ground the movie in realism is against everything the "FANTASTIC" Four stand for. They had something going with Rise of the Silver Surfer honestly and they didn't even realize. They should just cancel the film and give the film rights back to marvel and save themselves the embarrassment. They still have the xmen rights, just let Marvel develop the galactic side properly with galactus and the skrulls
actually.. I really like who they choose for a good chunk of the roles..

chris evans as johnny storm.. Michael chiklis as ben grimm.. and Julian McMahon as victor von doom..

but they choose a horrible director.. and ioan gruffudd wasn't a great choice for mr fantastic

???

the only thing good about those movies was captain america as the human torch 

You didn't like silver surfer? And if Galactus was actually shown instead of clouds forming the silhouette of his helmet the movie would've been remembered a lot different...
Both sucked equally.

I didn't like the dude as Reed or Alba as Sue. Chiklis and Cap was the only reason it was worth watching and that wasn't a whole lot of reason.

Last edited:
I actually didn't mind the movie.

actually.. I really like who they choose for a good chunk of the roles..

chris evans as johnny storm.. Michael chiklis as ben grimm.. and Julian McMahon as victor von doom..

but they choose a horrible director.. and ioan gruffudd wasn't a great choice for mr fantastic

The casting for the original first F4 and rise of the silver surfer was eh. They coulda got an actual blond to play Sue Storm. It's almost like the producers owed Jessica Alba a favor. Chris Evans was great as Johnny Storm though and though the first film has aged horribly rise of the silver surfer is actually a pretty entertaining movie still

Both sucked equally.

I didn't like the dude as Reed or Alba as Sue. Chiklis and Cap was the only reason it was worth watching and that wasn't a whole lot of reason.

Yeah Chiklis was great as Grimm

Yes, Chris Evans has done an amazing job. If Civil War is the arc they're going with in Cap 3, I hope Cap's death plays out the exact same way as the comic.

It'd be awesome if a Black Cap were in the movie, but he and Tony are two characters I can't see people being OK with. It'd be like having a Black Batman or Superman. You know that wouldnt fly at all. Thor is now a woman. Ghost Rider was a woman I'm 2011- 2012. Falcon is now Cap. It works for the books but I don't think the cinematic universe is the right place for that much change if you're trying to sell tickets.

For FF, it already sounds like the franchise is doomed and Marvel is even canceling the print. A lot of people's gripes I've read are the actors, storyline, and JS being Black. We'll have to see how this works.

That's my point.. They recast mr fantastic and sue storm.. They would be ready to roll..

And obviously get a better director

Pretty sure Bucky is going to take over the Cap mantle whenever Rogers gets killed or steps down, he signed like a 9 picture deal with Marvel

Pretty sure Bucky is going to take over the Cap mantle whenever Rogers gets killed or steps down, he signed like a 9 picture deal with Marvel

Yea.. Pretty much a given.. Going be a huge moment.. Just wonder if it happens in an avengers movie or in one of the cap solo films..

I'm going with avengers

I think it was Bucky that took over as Cap post-Civil War. I didn't get the books after CW and also took a short hiatus from collecting til summer 2011. Since 2011, Cap has even had TWO reboots lol.

Outside of Batman Beyond, Static Shock is probably the most requested so WB really rolling the dice now...

Warner Bros. Unveils First Development Slate From New Digital Unit

Read full article here: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...s-first-development-742586?utm_source=twitter

The digital division has been named Blue Ribbon Content

Warner Bros. is raising the curtain on its digital production unit.

The studio has named the division Blue Ribbon Content and has unveiled a development slate of short-form, live-action series that range from a comic book adaptation to a Girl Scouts spoof to a virtual reality experience featuring Batman.

The Blue Ribbon banner is headed by Sam Register, an animation veteran who was tapped as president of Warner Bros. Animation and Warner Digital Series in April. Register's team includes Andrew Mellett, senior vice president of distribution and strategy who manages the division's financial operations, business affairs and distribution and sponsorship deals.

The action series include Static Shock, an adaptation of the Static comic from writer-producer-director Reginald Hudlin (Django Unchained).

yup

I read about this earlier. All I keep seeing is live-action and it'll be handled by one of Static's creators. Is it a movie or tv show?

Movie would be great.

If it's a tv show more opportunity but harder I think to really capture what made the comic great. Wouldn't be worthy of CW or any network really. I'd lobby for it to be on HBO honestly (since it probably won't be licensed out to AMC).

It's WBs digital division being dubbed a short-form digital division so i am guessing it is like a web-based series like the Halo for XBox and Super for PSN?

Though the whole division has a lot of different formats and things going on:

The Blue Ribbon Content slate includes:

“Justice League: Gods and Monsters Chronicles” (Machinima) — Animated short-form series from Bruce Timm and Alan Burnett (producers of “Batman: The Animated Series”) in the DC universe where Justice League members Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman are much darker versions of the superheroes most people know, set to debut on Machinima in 2015. Series is based on “Justice League: Gods & Monsters,” an original animated film executive produced by Timm and co-produced by Burnett that will be released by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment later in 2015.

An untitled “Mortal Kombat” series — The next generation in the Mortal Kombat franchise to be released in association with the upcoming “Mortal Kombat X” video game releasing April 14, 2015. Blue Ribbon Content and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment are teaming on the series, which will showcase some of the franchise’s popular characters and introduce a new generation of fighters.

“Play It Again, ****” (CW Seed) — Co-written and executive produced by “Veronica Mars” creator/executive producer Rob Thomas for CW Seed, the digital studio of The CW Television Network. “Play It Again, ****,” Blue Ribbon Content’s first original production, stars Ryan Hansen as himself as he begs, cajoles and pleads with his former Veronica Mars castmates (some of whom make guest appearances) and friends to help him get his character, **** Casablancas, his own spinoff show.

“RejecTED” — Original satirical comedy from Rachel Ramras, Larry Dorf and Hugh Davidson (each of “Mike Tyson Mysteries”) that covers the fictional technology, entertainment and design presentations that never made it to the TED stage.

“Ginger Snaps” — Comedy series from writer Sonali Patel (NBC’s “A to Z”) following a troop of young girls as they backstab, manipulate and sabotage their way through the seedy underworld of the Ginger Snaps. The series emerged from the Warner Bros. Television Workshop’s Fresh Ink initiative.

“Golden Revenge” — Series about a a pair of house pets — a cat and dog — that look to strike back at their owners who tried to abandon them. From Tom Stern and Josh Gardner (“Saul of the Mole Men,” “Gerhard Reinke’s Wanderlust”) and produced by Conaco.

“Ouroboros” — Original horror-thriller from Weed Road Pictures, producer Akiva Goldsman (exec producer of the “Paranormal Activity” franchise) and writer-director-producer Damon Santostefano follows two police officers over the course of one night in a remote part of Wisconsin as they are overwhelmed by a series of mysterious attacks and an epidemic of possession.

“Static Shock” — Animated series from Reginald Hudlin (producer of “Django Unchained,” writer-director of “House Party,” and exec producer-director of TV series “The Bernie Mac Show”) features African-American super hero Static, a.k.a. Virgil Ovid Hawkins. “Static Shock” is based on the “Static” comic co-created by the late Dwayne McDuffie with co-writer Robert L. Washington III and artist John Paul Leon, originally published by DC Comics imprint Milestone Comics. Milestone Media co-founder and comic book artist-TV producer Denys Cowan (who was behind the original “Static Shock” animated series) is collaborating with Hudlin on the new series.

“Critters” — Series based on the New Line Cinema cult classic movie franchise, with a new batch of alien pests descending on the planet. Written by Michael Jelenic and Aaron Horvath (“Teen Titans Go!”).

“Batman: The Animated Series Experience” — As previously announced, Blue Ribbon, DC Entertainment and OTOY are jointly creating an immersive virtual-reality entertainment experience that will see the Batcave brought to life via interactive holographic video for virtual reality displays. OTOY is collaborating with series producer Bruce Timm on the interactive narrative experience, which will be available on devices including the Samsung Galaxy Gear VR and the Oculus Rift.

Last edited:
I'd enjoy a static series that explored his adventures in his 20's... Same with Batman Beyond, I loved the episode "Epilogue" in JLU showing an aged Terry...

Back
Top Bottom