News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

No. If anything I think it'd give MS/Disney more leverage to demand the rights back. FOX would be willing but Disney is probably be stern about what they feel is rightfully theirs since they copped Marvel for a few billi. I think by this time MS gets F4 back though.
hope so. By the looks of that f4 reboot, so far it's looking like it's on its way back to MS
i think as long as the film goes into production the rights are renewed for another 7 years

Anybody know the budget on the new F4 film is? Feeling a bit lazy too google atm.

Because I think it only has to make about ~$400m-$500m to be considered a success unless the budget is absurdly high.

And that numbers seems easy to achieve with worldwide numbers being such a huge factor these days.

Last edited:
Anybody know the budget on the new F4 film is? Feeling a bit lazy too google atm.

Because I think it only has to make about ~$400m-$500m to be considered a success unless the budget is absurdly high.

And that numbers seems easy to achieve with worldwide numbers being such a huge factor these days.
Only numbers I've seen regarding it were around 120-150 million for production..

No. If anything I think it'd give MS/Disney more leverage to demand the rights back. FOX would be willing but Disney is probably be stern about what they feel is rightfully theirs since they copped Marvel for a few billi. I think by this time MS gets F4 back though.
hope so. By the looks of that f4 reboot, so far it's looking like it's on its way back to MS
i think as long as the film goes into production the rights are renewed for another 7 years
After the 2nd Ghost Rider flopped SONY quickly gave Marvel GR back :lol:

FOX waited awhile for Daredevil but they included Elektra with it when they did return it and they were thinking of going in production with that buzz for a 70s DD movie that FOX ended up passing on.

I assume if F4 flops, FOX won't wait around to make the rights revert. They'll probably fill what would've been a F4 sequel with another X-Men franchise; X-Men, X-Force, Gambit, Wolverine, Mystique, Deadpool are all rumored so maybe they add on X-Factor or Xcalibur or EXiles or a solo movie for another character or they possibly go the villain route like SONY and do something with some villain.

I can see Fox holding it for as long as they can to spite Marvel for cancelling the F4 (and XMen?) books. :lol:

FOX waited awhile for Daredevil but they included Elektra with it when they did return it and they were thinking of going in production with that buzz for a 70s DD movie that FOX ended up passing on.

I assume if F4 flops, FOX won't wait around to make the rights revert. They'll probably fill what would've been a F4 sequel with another X-Men franchise; X-Men, X-Force, Gambit, Wolverine, Mystique, Deadpool are all rumored so maybe they add on X-Factor or Xcalibur or EXiles or a solo movie for another character or they possibly go the villain route like SONY and do something with some villain.
Fox and Marvel apparently have a terrible relationship... Wouldn't put it past them to follow up Apocalypse with some random F4-Xmen team up just to make it some what profitable :lol:

Seems like they're keeping the cost on this one down just so it turns a profit in one way or another

Fox and Marvel apparently have a terrible relationship... Wouldn't put it past them to follow up Apocalypse with some random F4-Xmen team up just to make it some what profitable :lol:

Seems like they're keeping the cost on this one down just so it turns a profit in one way or another
I know they can and might spite them but I gave up on the F4 and X-Men crossover when Simon Kinberg killed the idea with some comments.

I felt the whole time the best approach would be to kill off the whole past universe in DofP and reveal some connection in this new universe with F4 but Singer is making it so Apocalypse is the end of the story for First Class and no news for what's next (not sure anybody at FOX knows what's after that, maybe a reboot). Then we got all this news about F4 and well it sucks and doesn't seem like it'll fit in the X-Men much either.

It'd be pretty lame just from a fan perspective if F4 flops and the next movie they show up in is a crossover with the X-Men just to salvage what little they have with and prolong the rights to use them. Sure it'd rub it in Marvel's face but by then they'll be making billions off a Power Pack movie.

Last edited:
I think the new XMen being set in the past makes room for them to combine with F4 eventually if they wanted to, from what I understand F4 is in the present so there can be no sign of them in DoFP and Apocalypse and still team-up later on.

I think Fox ideally wants X-Force to take off in someway to they can turn that into a franchise, have the X-men tv show do well and reboot the franchise in 10 years or so...

But then again I think they might be able to lock Fass and McAvoy down for more films, idk about J-Law but they could all resign and do more X-men flicks

Keanu Reeves and Jared Leto :x

Marvel just give the role to Johnny Depp already and quit beating around the bush.

As far a Tom Hardy as Apocalypse....um I'm hoping he's just facial mocap because Apocalypse needs to be all CG and Hardy is like 5'6

you're literally the only person that wants Johnny Depp to do this :lol:

Dude's been phoning it in since the 2nd Pirates film.. he's washed

This. Look at Thanos.

:x the **** did I just read? No wonder it will be 150 more years before a black actor can have a career in Hollywood without resorting to being gangbangers, drug dealers, maids, and slaves. With few exceptions of course.

Yes the casting of Thanos was prejudice against the Deviant race. |I Why cast any black people when whites can simply use blackface.

Breaks my heart that we'll never hear James Earl Jones voice Apocalypse :smh:

R.I.P Michael Clarke Duncan too

MCD was always my fancast for apocalypse.

Marvel just give the role to Johnny Depp already and quit beating around the bush.

As far a Tom Hardy as Apocalypse....um I'm hoping he's just facial mocap because Apocalypse needs to be all CG and Hardy is like 5'6

No one wants to see that ****. And honestly his box office appeal is declining FAST. Pirates 4 made the least money. Transcendence LOST money. Don't even get me started on the Lone Ranger. I know Hollywood is full of creative accounting but $190M loss :x. A public company's accountants can only get so creative. Im sure Marvel wants literally anyone else. Get that box office poison outta my fave cinematic universe.

Shouldnt be any surprise. You can only play the same character in every single movie so many times.

Last edited:
:x the **** did I just read? No wonder it will be 150 more years before a black actor can have a career in Hollywood without resorting to being gangbangers, drug dealers, maids, and slaves. With few exceptions of course.

Yes the casting of Thanos was prejudice against the Deviant race. |I Why cast any black people when whites can simply use blackface.

Yea, you got it. That's exactly what i meant.

you're literally the only person that wants Johnny Depp to do this :lol:

Dude's been phoning it in since the 2nd Pirates film.. he's washed

I don't want Depp but Marvel's options are becoming weird. Yes Depp's movies have declined some but you can't say he isn't the perfect Stephen Strange just from looks alone. I can picture him saying "eye of Agamotto!" or "By the hoary host of hoggoth!" perfectly. Disney still loves him (Alice in Wonderland and pirates 4 both made a billi ....) and Marvel built there whole cinematic universe on a washed actor. Give it 2 more months and I promise you marvel will just say **** it and give him the role. (Since Daniel Day-Lewis doesn't seem interested :lol: )

You know my predictions have kinda been on a roll :wink:

Wait I don't see any reason why Thanos should've been a black person. Dude was created by a white guy and when Thanos was shown to be human in another universe he was a white guy.

His face don't look like no black person I know :lol: Don't matter who plays him.

Apocalpypse is different imo since so much of this mutant stuff is appropriated from the issue of race and other prejudices for being different. They steeped his origin in Egypt, had him running all of Africa in AoA and in HoM. Son is brown/black for sure.

Last edited:
Perfect Apocalypse....

Dothraki-Language-300x225.jpeg

This. Look at Thanos.

Breaks my heart that we'll never hear James Earl Jones voice Apocalypse :smh:

R.I.P Michael Clarke Duncan too

MCD was always my fancast for apocalypse.

No one wants to see that ****. And honestly his box office appeal is declining FAST. Pirates 4 made the least money. Transcendence LOST money. Don't even get me started on the Lone Ranger. I know Hollywood is full of creative accounting but $190M loss :x. A public company's accountants can only get so creative. Im sure Marvel wants literally anyone else. Get that box office poison outta my fave cinematic universe.

Shouldnt be any surprise. You can only play the same character in every single movie so many times.
uh no one would had seen transcendence no matter who it was

Back
Top Bottom