News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

Damn man the Avengers is gonna be epic as hell. Captain America looks good from the trailer and Thor doesn't look bad,I wonder how they're gonna make this all work,gonna be fun to watch it happen thats for sure.

The Man of Steel,TDKR and The Avengers all coming out in 2012
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I can just imagine Tony Starks interacting with Thor
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Rick2345

So guys i've had this idea for a movie in my head for awhile and i shared it in the movie idea thread and i thought i might as well share it here, i'm kind of a comic book geek so this is just an idea i've had and i'm trying to develop a script and hopefully move forward with the project let me know what you guys think and comments/help would be awesome, thanks and enjoy the read.

"The Story of OMEGA"

In this Universe There is a super hero who is the equivalent of super man in his universe his name is,"OMEGA", he has super strength, super speed, invulnerability, the power of flight etc etc. But his powers are a bit different. For him to access or turn on his powers he has too charge up for about 5 seconds.

So now that you have the general idea of who he is here's the real story. On a regular summer day in Los Angeles Andrew Fields"OMEGA" walks into a bank to cash his weekly check from his job at a upper scale department store. As he walks in a man in all black clothing creeps behind him pulls down his ski mask and shoots him directly threw his skull and yells,"Everybody get the #$@! down this is a robbery!" and his 5-6 lackeys run in carrying huge guns and many duffle bags. Now although everyone is horrified at the fact that they've just witnessed a man get shot and killed and become absolutely horrified the real un-benounced tragedy is that they've not only witnessed a man get shot and killed but they also witnessed americas hero and the worlds guardian die before there eyes.

After the police and the help of your regular run of the mill super hero help stop the bank robbers, they make sure everyones safe and then take the body of "Omega" they read his license look him up and see he has criminal record and has not a blemish of any kind to his name, they also see he has no family in his records of any kind and no known girlfriend But they also see that he is a registered organ donor so they hurry as fast as possible to save what organs they can, like his heart, lungs, kidneys, liver ETC ETC. And like they do with all organs that are donated they give them to the people of the world who really need them.

Now this is where the fun begins. Just like you'd imagine the organ donor list is packed! And many people all over the US need these organs, All of them are different in that some are small, tall, fat, skinny, young, old, black, white,mexican. You name it the list is full of all different kinds of people. So my idea from here is to have random people receive one of his organs like an old lady with super speed, or a 3rd grader with flight, a regular teenager in the slums with laser vision, a depressed man in his late 30's with a sudden great knowledge of science and tech, and a cop who is shaken by the death of his partner or family member who receives more then just one power he would receive flight and super strength due to the fact that he receives more then 1 organ he gets more then one power the only thing they all have in common power wise is that they are all given the power of invulnerability. Well from here i would want them to all basically suck and do terrible until they all realize who each other is and what has happened and to form somewhat of a team with the ex cop leading the helm. And together they would fight crime against the dangers of the earth and ordinary villains and i want them to help each other get better and grow stronger but after a year of being together i would like to have the 30 something year old guy with the power of basically a super brain just turn evil and try to get everyones organs to become the supreme villain and ruler of earth during the second half of the movie and really shake things up. And only as a team will they prevail and defeat there former friend and new foe!

Sorry for the long read but thats my story/movie and any feedback on all of this would be awesome! If you didn't read well then your lose!
Man, thats an awesome idea! 
eek.gif
pimp.gif

So guys i've had this idea for a movie in my head for awhile and i shared it in the movie idea thread and i thought i might as well share it here, i'm kind of a comic book geek so this is just an idea i've had and i'm trying to develop a script and hopefully move forward with the project let me know what you guys think and comments/help would be awesome, thanks and enjoy the read.

"The Story of OMEGA"

In this Universe There is a super hero who is the equivalent of super man in his universe his name is,"OMEGA", he has super strength, super speed, invulnerability, the power of flight etc etc. But his powers are a bit different. For him to access or turn on his powers he has too charge up for about 5 seconds.

So now that you have the general idea of who he is here's the real story. On a regular summer day in Los Angeles Andrew Fields"OMEGA" walks into a bank to cash his weekly check from his job at a upper scale department store. As he walks in a man in all black clothing creeps behind him pulls down his ski mask and shoots him directly threw his skull and yells,"Everybody get the #$@! down this is a robbery!" and his 5-6 lackeys run in carrying huge guns and many duffle bags. Now although everyone is horrified at the fact that they've just witnessed a man get shot and killed and become absolutely horrified the real un-benounced tragedy is that they've not only witnessed a man get shot and killed but they also witnessed americas hero and the worlds guardian die before there eyes.

After the police and the help of your regular run of the mill super hero help stop the bank robbers, they make sure everyones safe and then take the body of "Omega" they read his license look him up and see he has criminal record and has not a blemish of any kind to his name, they also see he has no family in his records of any kind and no known girlfriend But they also see that he is a registered organ donor so they hurry as fast as possible to save what organs they can, like his heart, lungs, kidneys, liver ETC ETC. And like they do with all organs that are donated they give them to the people of the world who really need them.

Now this is where the fun begins. Just like you'd imagine the organ donor list is packed! And many people all over the US need these organs, All of them are different in that some are small, tall, fat, skinny, young, old, black, white,mexican. You name it the list is full of all different kinds of people. So my idea from here is to have random people receive one of his organs like an old lady with super speed, or a 3rd grader with flight, a regular teenager in the slums with laser vision, a depressed man in his late 30's with a sudden great knowledge of science and tech, and a cop who is shaken by the death of his partner or family member who receives more then just one power he would receive flight and super strength due to the fact that he receives more then 1 organ he gets more then one power the only thing they all have in common power wise is that they are all given the power of invulnerability. Well from here i would want them to all basically suck and do terrible until they all realize who each other is and what has happened and to form somewhat of a team with the ex cop leading the helm. And together they would fight crime against the dangers of the earth and ordinary villains and i want them to help each other get better and grow stronger but after a year of being together i would like to have the 30 something year old guy with the power of basically a super brain just turn evil and try to get everyones organs to become the supreme villain and ruler of earth during the second half of the movie and really shake things up. And only as a team will they prevail and defeat there former friend and new foe!

Sorry for the long read but thats my story/movie and any feedback on all of this would be awesome! If you didn't read well then your lose!

sent to the big studios and to the DC COMICS...

"The Story of OMEGA"

how would any of them know they had those powers if it is necessary to charge up for around 5 seconds?
and it also looks like you already included 'run of the mill' superheroes, so why is it necessary for there to be new superheroes fighting against crime?

"The Story of OMEGA"

F the long read.. i need more!! noww!

Originally Posted by Just bLAzed

"The Story of OMEGA"

how would any of them know they had those powers if it is necessary to charge up for around 5 seconds?
and it also looks like you already included 'run of the mill' superheroes, so why is it necessary for there to be new superheroes fighting against crime?
The main plot hole that you have is that the individual has to be cognisant of the power to use it. Yet without the "5 second" rule your hero would have never died. IMO, you would have to take away invincibility as a power. That way you keep the integrity of the story.
I've been studying screenwriting for several months now, so I'm going to take an amateur shot at what I would do with the story. I would rework the story arc in such a way that there is only 1 protagonist/antagonist. IMO, there would be too many moving parts with more than 1 hero and balancing them for a first time story/movie would be a difficult task. Taking elements from your story, I would work it like this: the superhero dies and he is taken for an autopsy (since he was murdered). He has all the powers you mentioned, EXCEPT invincibility. He actually isn't an organ donor, but one of the people at the forensics lab also sells organs on the black market. The organs are sold to a dying teenager who's father is a criminal (which is why he went the black market route for the organs). The teenager gets a new lease on life and with his powers wants to do good. However, the main antagonist is his father. That sets up his decision in Act III of the film. Does he decide to fight evil, basically turning on his father (knowing his dad saved his life) or does he become an instrument of evil helping his father continue his criminal endeavors (given the fact that his father is beyond redemption and cannot be turned)?

I know my premise is underdeveloped and weak, and you would have to develop the father/son relationship and strengthen their own arcs, but at the end, the teenage super hero is put in a situation where he has to make an absolute choice at the climax of the film.

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

Originally Posted by Just bLAzed

"The Story of OMEGA"

The main plot hole that you have is that the individual has to be cognisant of the power to use it. Yet without the "5 second" rule your hero would have never died. IMO, you would have to take away invincibility as a power. That way you keep the integrity of the story.
I've been studying screenwriting for several months now, so I'm going to take an amateur shot at what I would do with the story. I would rework the story arc in such a way that there is only 1 protagonist/antagonist. IMO, there would be too many moving parts with more than 1 hero and balancing them for a first time story/movie would be a difficult task. Taking elements from your story, I would work it like this: the superhero dies and he is taken for an autopsy (since he was murdered). He has all the powers you mentioned, EXCEPT invincibility. He actually isn't an organ donor, but one of the people at the forensics lab also sells organs on the black market. The organs are sold to a dying teenager who's father is a criminal (which is why he went the black market route for the organs). The teenager gets a new lease on life and with his powers wants to do good. However, the main antagonist is his father. That sets up his decision in Act III of the film. Does he decide to fight evil, basically turning on his father (knowing his dad saved his life) or does he become an instrument of evil helping his father continue his criminal endeavors (given the fact that his father is beyond redemption and cannot be turned)?

I know my premise is underdeveloped and weak, and you would have to develop the father/son relationship and strengthen their own arcs, but at the end, the teenage super hero is put in a situation where he has to make an absolute choice at the climax of the film.

Illmatic you added some interesting elements to the story. BUT I don't think there is anything wrong with the 5 second rule. I just thought of a way to get around it in 5 seconds lol.

The people could violate that rule because they only received a few of his organs, so they don't have to charge up completely. In other words, it take the hero 5 seconds because he boots up all his organs. It takes the people that received the organs, 0 seconds because they don't have all the organs.

Good point, I guess my main thing is I hate invincibility as a power. But yeah, this is why superhero and fantasy films are so tough to write. Because even though people think, "well, since it's a super hero movie, anything is possible," in actuality it requires great discipline to create a world that is continually being questioned by a viewer.

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

Good point, I guess my main thing is I hate invincibility as a power. But yeah, this is why superhero and fantasy films are so tough to write. Because even though people think, "well, since it's a super hero movie, anything is possible," in actuality it requires great discipline to create a world that is continually being questioned by a viewer.

I completely agree, with what you said you gave me some great ideas and i will be reworking the story and totally agree that invincibility shouldnt be a power and its one of the reasons why i'm not to into superman to begin with, thanks a lot guys you helped so much i love the feedback 
pimp.gif

Is that X-Men title sequence real? Looks fan made to me ....looks crap if it is real

Not sure how I feel about Michael Shannon though. Decent enough actor & looks pretty menacing....

michael_shannon_1161312.jpg

Originally Posted by FIREPOWER23

Is that X-Men title sequence real? Looks fan made to me ....looks crap if it is real

Ya its fan made

Bradley Cooper is in talks to be in The Crow reboot. Solid actor, but not exactly who I would have imagined in the role. Someone like JGL would have been a better fit IMO, especially if they are going to do the origin story again.

^ PLEASE NO, I cant take him serious, I rather have Sting play the crow.. Wait he already does lol

i don't know who that guy is but he kind of looks like Jaws from the bond movies.
they're remaking The Crow?  +%#?  Brandon Lee will be rolling over in his grave if the remake turns out to be terrible.

Originally Posted by shogun

i don't know who that guy is but he kind of looks like Jaws from the bond movies.
they're remaking The Crow?  +%#?  Brandon Lee will be rolling over in his grave if the remake turns out to be terrible.
Isn't that the dude from Boardwalk Empire??

Back
Top Bottom