News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

spider-man-575.jpg

Can't say too much about the Spidey suit until I see footage of it on film.

Lots of great updates the past two days:

Anne Hathaway's Dark Knight Rises Costume Test "Phenomenal"
by Silas Lesnick
Jan 31st, 2011

Christopher Nolan's cinematographer Wally Pfister has answered a few questions posed by Bleeding Cool writer Brendon Connelly as part of the Kevin and Josh Movie Show and the comments have now hit the web, hinting that we will, indeed, see Anne Hathaway suit up as Catwoman next summer in The Dark Knight Rises (as opposed to just appearing as Selina Kyle).

"Yeah.. She's phenomenal," said Pfister when asked if he shot the Catwoman screentest, "This is something she wanted and wanted to show Chris, 'I'm the one for this job' and she did an incredible job... and she looked phenomenal in the wardrobe. It's going to be amazing with her."

Later, Connelly tried to clarify that the test did, indeed, involve Catwoman and not just Selina Kyle, but was unable to achieve confirmation.

"I'll get fired and I won't even get to shoot the picture!" Pfister laughed, "I can't really [say], but I definitely want to be around next year."

Pfister also addressed various rumors, including shooting down the idea that any the production would take place in New Orleans and also commented on the recent internet rumor that Robin Williams would be joining the cast in the part of Hugo Strange.

"I haven't even heard that," he said, genuinely surprise, "Look, they have to keep a lot of secrets from me anyway... I don't really know. They can turn around and surprise me, too. When I saw the list of girls that we were going to be screen-testing before they cast Anne, I didn't know myself who was real and who wasn't until about two days before the test..."
Christopher Nolan on The Dark Knight Rises
by SuperHeroHype
Jan 31st, 2011

Christopher Nolan talked about the third installment of his Batman series, The Dark Knight Rises, at the Santa Barbara International Film Festival where he was presented with the Modern Master Award for Inception on Sunday night.

ComingSoon.net/SuperHeroHype attended the event and sat in on the tribute to the director at the Arlington Theatre in downtown Santa Barbara where Nolan said he saw Aliens years ago.

We listened in as moderator Pete Hammond asked where he got the title from and Nolan joked, "I banged my head against the wall."

The audience laughed and then Nolan went on to say, "We've worked on it a long time - David Goyer and myself. We're about 12 weeks away from shooting. We start in May."

It's been known that Nolan wasn't sure if he was going to do another film or not, so when Hammond asked why he decided to do a third one, he simply said, "It was about finishing the story."

Nolan still wouldn't confirm whether Anne Hathaway would play Catwoman or just Selina Kyle. When asked, he smiled coyly and wouldn't say a word.

The Dark Knight Rises is scheduled to open in theaters on July 20, 2012.
New Captain America Photos and Details
by SuperHeroHype
Jan 31st, 2011

Empire magazine has announced that Captain America: The First Avenger is featured on the cover of its March cover and inside the magazine there's a new photo and details as well, some of what you'll find below.

f52bv6.jpg

xc2k4j.jpg

"Scripts had been developed that took place half in World War Two, half in the modern day and none of those scripts were particularly successful because the costume ended up overshadowing the man," says Marvel chief Kevin Feige. "So we finally said, 'If we could make a Captain America movie any way we wanted to make it, how would we make it?' Well, we'd set the entire movie in the past, in that period, with all of the Marvel trimmings. And so we made the fun, kick-!$! Captain America movie we wanted to."

"I've always loved Raiders and the tone that it had," says director Joe Johnston. "It was period but didn't feel like it was made in the period. It felt like a modern-day film about the period, which is what we're doing on Captain America. It will not feel like a war movie. It's funny where it needs to be and emotional where it needs to be and serious and full of action."

And he's not just an American hero, argues Evans. "I think he's the ideal human," says Evans. "Not just American. It's what being a good person is. Steve's managed to overcome all the shortcomings he's had in life and he does what's good and what he believes is right."

Captain America: The First Avenger is scheduled to hit 3D and 2D theaters on July 22.

Yea HTTB they rebootin it. The suit sucks and he apparently has web cartridges now.I think spiderman,green lantern, and xmen have to be great or people will lose interest in these types of movies. Its hard to explain how I feel about them but they are oversaturating the market.Even the pirates 4 trailer don't have me too excited

Sad cuz those 3 superhero movies are looking the worse right now.

Cinematographer Wally Pfister Talks about 'The Dark Knight Rises'

On how can Nolan top The Dark Knight?
"I asked the same question. I read the script two weeks ago, and he's done it. Plain and simple — he's done it. It's a phenomenal script. He's still in the process of cutting it back because it's a very long script right now, but it's really phenomenal. And he actually had me go back and wanted me to watch, in IMAX, Batman Begins and The Dark Knight again. When I watched those I had read the script for  The Dark Knight Rises and was like, 'dude, it is a perfect trilogy.' I think that was his intent, to work of those two pictures — and they are very different pictures. And it's funny, we all had different opinions about which picture we like better."

On Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle (aka Catwoman)
"She's so good. She did an incredible job. She is a great, great actress… and she looked phenomenal in the wardrobe."

On the upcoming shoot
"Our goal is to shoot as much in IMAX as we can. We're going to put in on the screen, and put it on the screen big. And I really encourage everyone to see it in IMAX if they can because we're really going for it this time. In terms of the action, we are all scratching our heads right now trying to figure out how we're going to do it; how we're going to do it in the amount of time we're going to do it in. The opening scene of the movie will blow your mind."

i read something on a blog that was kinda interesting.  the 3 most famous american superheroes are played by foreigners.  in the recent movies australian bale as batman, andrew garfield who is half-english as spiderman, and now henry cavill as superman who is a brit.  at least the captain america role went to an american.

Originally Posted by shogun

i read something on a blog that was kinda interesting.  the 3 most famous american superheroes are played by foreigners.  in the recent movies australian bale as batman, andrew garfield who is half-english as spiderman, and now henry cavill as superman who is a brit.  at least the captain america role went to an american.
Actually, Bale is from Wales, and if you look at the cast of Batman Begins, other than Katie Holmes and Morgan Freeman, almost all the other principal characters were not American.

In addition to that list, Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) is Australian.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt In Talks To Join 'The Dark Knight Rises'

By MIKE FLEMING | Tuesday February 1, 2011 @ 9:18pm EST

EXCLUSIVE: Joseph Gordon-Levitt is in talks to reunite with his Inception director Christopher Nolan in The Dark Knight Rises for Warner Bros. I'm not sure what role he'll play, but I'm told that he will be in the movie when Nolan starts production this spring. Gordon-Levitt will be done shooting the Rian Johnson-directed Looper with Bruce Willis and Emily Blunt by then. Gordon-Levitt has the indie Hesher coming out this spring, as well as Live With It, the Jonathan Levine-directed pic about a 27-year old who tries to overcome a cancer diagnosis. CAA-repped Gordon-Levitt established himself with indie films like Brick, the underrated Scott Frank-directed The Lookout, and the Marc Webb-directed (500) Days of Summer. Nolan keeps his films shrouded in secrecy, though he did life the veil recently to disclose that Anne Hathaway would play Selina Kyle (Catwoman) and Gordon-Levitt's Inception co-star Tom Hardy will play Bane. What role fits Gordon-Levitt?

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

EXCLUSIVE: Joseph Gordon-Levitt is in talks to reunite with his Inception director Christopher Nolan in The Dark Knight Rises for Warner Bros. I'm not sure what role he'll play, but I'm told that he will be in the movie when Nolan starts production this spring. Gordon-Levitt will be done shooting the Rian Johnson-directed Looper with Bruce Willis and Emily Blunt by then. Gordon-Levitt has the indie Hesher coming out this spring, as well as Live With It, the Jonathan Levine-directed pic about a 27-year old who tries to overcome a cancer diagnosis. CAA-repped Gordon-Levitt established himself with indie films like Brick, the underrated Scott Frank-directed The Lookout, and the Marc Webb-directed (500) Days of Summer. Nolan keeps his films shrouded in secrecy, though he did life the veil recently to disclose that Anne Hathaway would play Selina Kyle (Catwoman) and Gordon-Levitt's Inception co-star Tom Hardy will play Bane. What role fits Gordon-Levitt?
he could be riddler
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

#pleasebasedgod

Nolan is just having a circle jerk with his favorite male actors like he usually does
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Nolan is just having a circle jerk with his favorite male actors like he usually does
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
He's pulling a Quentin Tarantino.

I don't blame him for using the same people though. If it works it works.

Originally Posted by air max 87

he could be riddler
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

#pleasebasedgod

This guy became one of my fav actors in 500 days of summer and he was great in inception.
Nolan already said that the riddler won't be in the film
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

he could be riddler
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

#pleasebasedgod

This guy became one of my fav actors in 500 days of summer and he was great in inception.
ohwell.gif

i agree on the JGL, dude can act
pimp.gif

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
at riddler, i think dude could pull it off
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

he could be riddler
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

#pleasebasedgod

ohwell.gif
pimp.gif

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

**** Grayson? 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

he could be riddler
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

#pleasebasedgod

ohwell.gif
pimp.gif

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
**** Grayson? 
nerd.gif

well $#%@%$* damm