News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

Stone is golden brown blonde though while Stacy is more bleach-white blonde.
I actually like who they casted as Gwen Stacy in SM3, look-wise.

f3xnv5.jpg

I'm really anxious to see Snyder's take on Superman. Where Nolan more or less grounds the world of his characters, Snyder really brings a fantasy-world approach that is surreal. It's interesting because a Superman film definitely needs both. Superman is an extra-terrestrial being and is a god among men in normal world. You can't really confine his world like you would with Batman but you also can't have it filmed as a strict sci-fi film.

Another real challenge with Superman is that in the end, he's still the big blue boyscout. Even though he's still the most popular comic book character on the planet and a cult icon, it seems like today's audiences are really more interested in the flawed and dark hero.

All in all I'm pretty content with the decision to hire Snyder. I've always thought that he was given a bad rap for the Watchmen, but really, when you're trying to adapt one of the greatest graphic novels of all time, it's a no-win situation. Still not sure about Portman for Lois Lane, but I'm sure anyone is better that Kate Bosworth. It's a shame that Routh isn't going reprise his role of Supes, because he honestly had played the role very well. It's not his fault the story and plot for Superman Returns was horrible.

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

I'm really anxious to see Snyder's take on Superman. Where Nolan more or less grounds the world of his characters, Snyder really brings a fantasy-world approach that is surreal. It's interesting because a Superman film definitely needs both. Superman is an extra-terrestrial being and is a god among men in normal world. You can't really confine his world like you would with Batman but you also can't have it filmed as a strict sci-fi film.

Another real challenge with Superman is that in the end, he's still the big blue boyscout. Even though he's still the most popular comic book character on the planet and a cult icon, it seems like today's audiences are really more interested in the flawed and dark hero.

All in all I'm pretty content with the decision to hire Snyder. I've always thought that he was given a bad rap for the Watchmen, but really, when you're trying to adapt one of the greatest graphic novels of all time, it's a no-win situation. Still not sure about Portman for Lois Lane, but I'm sure anyone is better that Kate Bosworth. It's a shame that Routh isn't going reprise his role of Supes, because he honestly had played the role very well. It's not his fault the story and plot for Superman Returns was horrible.

I agree, I though Routh did a good a job and he actually looks the part. 
Superman Returns could have been really good, like if they cut the last 20 minutes or so, or just cut the stupid Superman son out of the movie. 

For a darker movie, I say bring someone more badass villain. Bring Darkseid or Doomsday and have everything destroyed. Give Supes and the villain a good action packed battle in the end and it'll be very entertaining. Hell they can even give Lex the suit with a well thought out plan and start from there. 

I don't know which villain he'll play but damn this guy could have been the perfect Carnage, I doubt that will be the villain for the first film for the reboot though.
RHYS IFANS TO PLAY THE SPIDER-MAN VILLAIN!

Rhys-Ifans.jpg

Rhys Ifans (Notting Hill) will play the villain, opposite Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker and Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy, in the next installment of Spider-Man from Columbia Pictures and Marvel Studios, it was announced today by Amy Pascal, co-chairman of Sony Pictures Entertainment and Matt Tolmach, president of Columbia Pictures. The film, to be directed by Marc Webb from a screenplay by James Vanderbilt and produced by Avi Arad and Laura Ziskin, will begin production in December and will be released in theaters nationwide in 3D on July 3, 2012.

Commenting on the announcement, Tolmach said, "We have been very fortunate to attract some of the best actors working today to play the villains in the Spider-Man movies, and it is exciting to see that trend continue with Rhys Ifans. After seeing his performance in our upcoming film Anonymous, we’re in awe of his talent and think he’s the perfect choice to take on this role."

The filmmakers prefer to not reveal which character Ifans will be playing in the forthcoming film.

Webb added, "What sets the Spider-Man villains apart is the complexity of their relationships with Peter Parker. Rhys' incredible ability to embody both warmth and rage makes him the ideal choice for this character."

Spider-Man is being overseen at the studio by Tolmach and Rachel O'Connor. Ifans is represented by United Talent Agency, Brillstein Entertainment Partners, and Independent Talent Group.

Ifans will next appear in Mr. Nice, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Passion Play, and Columbia Pictures' Anonymous, for director Roland Emmerich.

^
icon?  eh, probably not.  the first time he played deadpool was a joke.  deadpool's not even a character the general audiences would know.

Originally Posted by shogun

^
icon?  eh, probably not.  the first time he played deadpool was a joke.  deadpool's not even a character the general audiences would know.

Nobody really knew Kick-!$% and it did pretty well.  Whether the general audiences know or not, he's practically one of Marvel's top money machines and just look at all the hype he had from the Wolverine:Origins movie last year off the strength of a cameo alone, so I have no doubts the hype machine will be out in even bigger force when this movie comes.  It still sucks though that it's still Fox's call at the end of the day and everyone knows about their track record, but it seems like the people on board for this movie genuinely wants to get this movie done" right" so I'm gonna remain optimistic. 

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

Originally Posted by shogun

^

Nobody really knew Kick-!$% and it did pretty well.  Whether the general audiences know or not, he's practically one of Marvel's top money machines and just look at all the hype he had from the Wolverine:Origins movie last year off the strength of a cameo alone, so I have no doubts the hype machine will be out in even bigger force when this movie comes.  It still sucks though that it's still Fox's call at the end of the day and everyone knows about their track record, but it seems like the people on board for this movie genuinely wants to get this movie done" right" so I'm gonna remain optimistic. 
i wasn't questioning how good or popular the movie would be, i'm just skeptical of them using the word "icon".  we've had a bunch of superhero/comic movies now and the only iconic roles i can think of are christopher reeve as superman and heath ledger as the joker.  he also might be better at being the green lantern than he is as deadpool.

GOD!!!!
They are ruining GL for me. First the alien like costume and now that stupid alien lantern?
Come on, stick to the original look from the comics.
Haven't they seen the Deapool-Barak fiasco? They are giving them too much freedom and it will just make the movie suck.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

Rumor: Quentin Tarantino Might Direct 'The Shadow' Movie?
http://www.firstshowing.n...direct-the-shadow-movie/
I'd expect an entertaining flick but Quentin would surprise me if he could pull off a great trilogy. Since imo guys like The Shadow have the potential to have multiple movies made for such a storied superhero.

Dude is basically James Bond with super powers and if it was done right The Shadow could have just as many movies or incarnations with different actors. It's also clear how Batman is largely influenced and based off him.

While they're at it Hollywood should look in to remaking The Rocketeer.
I could die happy if this was done. I absolutely LOVE the original, and not saying that there is anything wrong with it, but just with today's technology and special effects i think this movie could benefit from a remake. I'm  looking at this movie in my room as I type this. Definitely one of my all time childhood classic favorites.

Will there every be a Civil War film during our lifetime?
I'll settle for an animated one....actually animated would be better and actually doable

Third Batman film will be called "The Dark Knight Rises"; No Riddler:

In an interview published minutes ago, director Christopher Nolan revealed that the title of the third Batman film will be The Dark Knight Rises. He also gave scant details about the plot and direction of the third film. Hit the jump to find out what (little) we know.

The news comes from Geoff Boucher over at Hero Complex, who was able to score a coveted interview with the secretive director. “It won’t be the Riddler,

Christopher Nolan is so full of his damn self.
Im sorry dude is wild successfull in the films of late... but he is loosing the greatest movie of all time by not having the Riddler be the villan.
Johnny Depp as Riddler = bigger box office than Dark Knight.

Now, we are guaranteed to have Catwoman because they have no female lead in the movie since they killed Rachel. And if they actually do decide to go with Killer Croc, i will not go see this movie......

Who the hell said they were going with Killer Croc? Why is it impossible to have a good movie if one specific character isn't in it being played by one specific actor? What made you think random fanboy speculation was actual fact?

Back
Top Bottom