News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

Who the hell said they were going with Killer Croc? Why is it impossible to have a good movie if one specific character isn't in it being played by one specific actor? What made you think random fanboy speculation was actual fact?

Depp said himself that he was interested in playing the role when the rumors first popped up.
having one of THE best actors in our generation take on this role would be enormous... do you see the box office that Depp brings in.
and to also stick with the "Dark" theme Nolan has created for this Batman world.... Depp would be an insane Riddler.... probably top Ledger's Joker.

as far as Croc, thats the ONLY villan that has been mentioned that Nolan hasnt out right said NO. he already has said no Mr Freeze, No Penguin, and now No Riddler. also its speculation so hence the
if they actually do decide to go with Killer Croc
and Catwoman is just common sense... with their being no Female role

Originally Posted by Infyrno23

Christopher Nolan is so full of his damn self.
Im sorry dude is wild successfull in the films of late... but he is loosing the greatest movie of all time by not having the Riddler be the villan.
Johnny Depp as Riddler = bigger box office than Dark Knight.

Now, we are guaranteed to have Catwoman because they have no female lead in the movie since they killed Rachel. And if they actually do decide to go with Killer Croc, i will not go see this movie......
laugh.gif

the hell?

nolan knows what he is doing.  so whatever actors he brings to the table, he will work magic with them. it is SO early for you to depict what is good and what is bad.  just because he doesn't cast depp OR have the riddler as the main villain, you opt to NOT see this movie? hell, we don't even have a full listing of the cast.

Man if you don't trust Christopher Nolan to make a good movie at this point...

You have some trust issues.

honestly Ign brought up a great idea of using Azreal as the villian. Basically Bruce would have trained someone to take over the mantle of the bat, because he couldn't do it anymore, then Azreal goes all psycho and it's pretty much bat vs bat. After Batman was broken by Bane this was pretty much the story, I would LOVE to see that.

Originally Posted by Infyrno23

ok maybe i over reacted a lil bit
laugh.gif

but i still feel Depp is the best choice....

eh, i'd rather them cast someone less known.  give someone else a chance.  i think people need a break from watching depp play eccentric characters.  the bigger name actors don't always mean it's the best choice.

Originally Posted by Bruce Waynee

Man if you don't trust Christopher Nolan to make a good movie at this point...

You have some trust issues.

Nolan could direct a movie about Paperclips and box cutters using an iphone video camera and I'd still watch it.

Man is a genius, doesn't know how to put out a bad movie.

Originally Posted by JonnyBlazeNyc

honestly Ign brought up a great idea of using Azreal as the villian. Basically Bruce would have trained someone to take over the mantle of the bat, because he couldn't do it anymore, then Azreal goes all psycho and it's pretty much bat vs bat. After Batman was broken by Bane this was pretty much the story, I would LOVE to see that.

I think that is too early to happen int he current state of the movie. Why would you practically put Batman in the end of his career when he was practically started in Batman Begins and just became the "Dark Knight" in the second one. His story is pretty much still beginning at this point. If they do the Azrael story, then they'll have to reboot once again for the 4th film, makes no sense.

A couple quick tidbits of info from SHH!

Hans Zimmer on The Dark Knight Rises
by SuperHeroHype
Oct 28th, 2010

Batman Begins and The Dark Knight composer Hans Zimmer talked to PopcornBiz about working again with Christopher Nolan on The Dark Knight Rises.

“He was going to come over next week,

The problem with Bane is, it might be difficult to use the character and not make it fake. It has to be either CGI or a guy in suit (like B&R) and that doesn't seem like Nolans style at all.

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

EW-1127-COVER-CAPTAIN-AMERICA_300.jpg

fonzie_thumbs_down.jpg

EDIT:

and clayface would be the BEST villian for dark knight rises. don't get me wrong croc is excellent as well but clayface has wayyyy more character

Originally Posted by RFX45

The problem with Bane is, it might be difficult to use the character and not make it fake. It has to be either CGI or a guy in suit (like B&R) and that doesn't seem like Nolans style at all.
what about the dude from the beginning of troy
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by air max 87

Originally Posted by RFX45

what about the dude from the beginning of troy
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

I think the guy playing Bane has to be bigger. It would work if Bale weren't as tall as he is. 

Regarding Batman, Nolan has stated before, that he likes to keep things "realistic", so you can cross off a lot of the villains like Bane, Killer Croc, Man-Bat, etc.. 

That's why I thought Riddler would have been the perfect choice.
Unless Nolan is refuting these rumors early for a reason that he might in fact use The Riddler
nerd.gif

Obvious second choice would be Catwoman.

The real downside to Bane is that Ra's already implemented his plan in Batman Begins (releasing Arkham's inmates, which in turn wore down Batman as he was trying to capture each of them again).

Another possibility is for Nolan to bring back Ra's (with Liam reprising the role) and basically tying it back to Batman Begins where Ra's said that Gotham needed to be purged.

And to switch gears for a bit, I saw Iron Man II on blu-ray (basically my second time watching it), and it was much better than I had originally thought. The first was still better, but a worthy sequel to the franchise.

IM2 was very entertaining to say the least. The end was still a bit underwhelming, a little longer showdown with Whiplash would have made it better.

I think Ra making a cameo (like Scarecrow in TDK, maybe slightly bigger role) might be good but I don't want to see him as the main villain. Maybe Ra can actually help Batman this time around? Probably won't happen but they both do respect each other.

As for villains, outside of Riddler or Penguin, Catwoman is a good choice but there has to be a bigger, badder villain. It will be almost impossible to top, or even match, TDK and the Joker. I really think they should just use Hush and write a story around w/o involving Robin. He is one of the few villains that can play mind games and twist things around. It could be a good psychological thriller type movie w/ a few cameos from Bats tier 2 and tier 3 villains too.

Back
Top Bottom