[[ NEW YORK METS 2009 OFFSEASON POST: Beltran ahead of schedule ]]

Dave is the only good bat (along with church who is solid) in the lineup, its very frustrating at times.

IDC what you're lineup is though, how can you only get 2 runs combined off a 5th starter Blanton, Grandpa Moyer, and a pitcher who hasn't been in thebig leagues for several years?
sick.gif

This is crazy. Ever since Johan has arrived here, we can't do SQUAT for him. I just hope he doesn't end up wasting his prime years here.
tired.gif

And I know our lineup is anemic right now. But still... We gotta start manufacturing runs or something. Walk, bunt, steal, sacrifice. Fundamentals man.

We are officially the New York Mess right now.

They did walk and bunt in that 1 inning, but David hit a double play.

Tatis double play (who would've been released by any other Major League team by now).

3 runs in 3 days vs Phillies pitching is
sick.gif

They haven't been able to hit the past 2 weeks.

I was telling my dad earlier, it's not like they could steal or hit and run when they don't get baserunners or have guys on base capable of stealing.Wright is probably the only legitimate stolen base threat. And how can you hit and run when your team strikes out, hits flyballs and grounds into double plays?There's really nothing they can do. They just flat out suck offensively right now. Tatis has to go. How many double plays has he grounded into the past 2weeks?

You're right.

I'm just frustrated I guess.

David is battling out there. But he's obviously feeling the grind now.

Fourth place in the division.
sick.gif

Remember that Tatis opposite field home run he had in PITT a few days ago?

That is only the 2nd opposite field home run by the Mets this whole season.

But this season has been weird, once you start to doubt them and think they are done, they'll surprise you winning a series they have no business winning(ie Cards, Red Sox).

A day off is much needed for them, as well as us tomm.

Got torn apart by Philly fans on the 4th, but nothing less than what I should expect wearing a Wright jersey and Mets fitted.

Another terrible weekend sweep in unappreciated. Last week before the Mets get a much needed break. If anyone is going to any of the Dodger games, let me know.I might be down to take a trip after work.

Damn Mike. Bad performance.
sick.gif

For some reason, I'm not mad though.
tired.gif

And for anyone watching the game from the beginning, what kind of reception did Manny get?

smh.gif
I thought the Mets could've put up a better fight.

It's a stretch, but I hope the Mets can win the next two...

I was browsing the Dodger thread and they made it seem like he got a pass from the Shea crowd.

I'm surprised he got booed though. Then again, Manny has always been more appreciated by the Yankee (Heights) crowd when it comes to New Yorkers.

22 straight innings w/o a run. Nice.

Ollie pitching tomorrow. NICE.

eyes.gif

They did boo the Mets louder than Manny. Freefalling fast.

Change the title to New York Mess. Ugh.

What more are they going to do though? The team overall is hitting below .200 the past week with a lot of strikeouts (they made Phillies starters look like CyYoung candidates).

Weathering the storm and staying close can only be a go-to thing if the reinforcements come back soon, but its pretty obvious they won't be back anytimesoon.

Phils are going to run away with this sooner or later, it will be a wrap in no time.

Oh....

LOL @ Ollie making his debut tomm on ESPN, dude is going to last 4 innings not because of the opponent, but because he is nowhere near ready nor has anyconfidence going in.

I love it how Manuel acts like he was entitled to a $150m team and since he doesn't have one now, there's not much he can do.
laugh.gif

I just think he is more frustrated than anything because there really is nothing you can do.

Besides David who is an all-star, Sheff/Church are the only other solid bats in the lineup....a lot of guys playing out of position leads to a lot of baddefense and mental mistakes.

They just don't match up AT ALL vs these teams, the margin for error for the pitching is very small (ie Santana losing 2-0).

We were JUST starting to play to our potential with a 19-9 May before Reyes and everyone else under the sun went down at the end of May.

I don't think this team will recover this season, it's pretty much a done deal.

That division is way too inconsistent to write the team off just as yet. Only 4.5 back. Go on a little run you never know what could happen.

When is everyone (if they are) due back this season?

Nobody is coming back anytime soon, and even if Gado comes back in August, it takes a while before you're right again (hip injury).

Mets are already in 4th place, you can't count on them to play .500 baseball......they are fading quickly.

Do we have anybody who we could even sell at the deadline?

Omar already stated he won't be trading any young players, Mets have like 6-7 holes right now.

Back
Top Bottom