[[ NEW YORK METS 2009 OFFSEASON POST: Beltran ahead of schedule ]]

I've been so depressed since game 7 of the 06 NLCS. I don't even care about baseball since then. I still believe in the Mets, but damn. Team New YorkMets still around? I don't see those sigs anymore, took mine off for awhile now.

Man I'm telling you right now Pedro will win 8 games. He's gonna get a ton of runs. All he has to do is go 5, 6 innings of 4 run ball. And Pedro issmart as hell and is still a great control pitcher. He'll be fine man. The Mets shoulda made this move. You can never have too much starting pitching.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Man I'm telling you right now Pedro will win 8 games. He's gonna get a ton of runs. All he has to do is go 5, 6 innings of 4 run ball. And Pedro is smart as hell and is still a great control pitcher. He'll be fine man. The Mets shoulda made this move. You can never have too much starting pitching.

Pedro is another 5th starter, how many 5th starters do you want in this rotation? We have like 3 of em' already.

We need a TRUE # 2, Pelf is a # 3.

Mets need a lot of things at this point.

At this point I do not see them recovering.

Yeah, but they're not gonna get a #2 starter this year, so why not just try and piece something together and hope it works? You really can't go wrongwith a free agent signing like this. 1 year contract for 5 mill? Low risk, high reward.

This season is done...TRON aiin't even coming back till late August (along with reyes0...Gado won't be straightened out till September.

Phils will probably trade for a top line starter and the division is a wrap, and the Wild Card will be even more difficult to win.

We just traded for Jeff Francouer...SMHHHHHH

Albeit Church was nothing really special, but all we get for him is Jeff Francoeur???

I kinda like though for some reason...lol
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by holdupstop23

We just traded for Jeff Francouer...SMHHHHHH

Albeit Church was nothing really special, but all we get for him is Jeff Francoeur???

I kinda like though for some reason...lol
laugh.gif
This should be interesting...

WHAT!

This is because of Jerry.

Ryan has been playing well since everyone went out.

I fully do understand this though and not in a good way.

Church was not going to be a difference maker for us either this year or next. Getting a young righty bat is OK.

Plus this opens up a spot completely for Fernando next year.

The upside is there due to the age (Jeff is 25) (Church 30)

Jeff also was on the verge of being a good player.

I just was a church guy I guess.

I don't know. I just have to wait I guess. the guys on loudmouths are praising Omar for this trade. I just have to wait and see if Jeff can produce like hedid. (had 100 RBIs two seasons before he started to play like this)

I like Francouer, a lot actually. But I'm pretty sure we could have gotten him for less. Jerry must really hate Church. I mean he's one of the fewconsistent bats and now we lose another consistent bat and our crappy outfield just gets that much worse. This trade is ******ed. I do like Francouer thoughand I think he'll rebound well.

Plus this opens up a spot completely for Fernando next year.
You forget we have no left fielder?

Watch the pre-game if you guys can.

They really like the trade.

The age difference and his defense is making me calm down a bit.

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

Watch the pre-game if you guys can.

They really like the trade.

The age difference and his defense is making me calm down a bit.
It's not a terrible trade, but it just makes us more inconsistent. I really think we could have gotten Francouer for less.

Church - "they better change alot of their signs because I KNOW everything".

lol.

He downplayed it with the scouting report comment

Church seemed really cool and relaxed in that press conference. Is he from Atlanta? He'll be a good fit down there. If the Braves could pick up anotherhitter or reliever they can make some noise in this division. I like this trade a lot for them.

I swear Carlin is always making comments about food
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Jerry must really hate Church. I mean he's one of the few consistent bats and now we lose another consistent bat and our crappy outfield just gets that much worse. This trade is ******ed. I do like Francouer though and I think he'll rebound well.
Agreed.

Church was one of the players I actually liked and felt bad for cuz I knew he was getting a raw deal from Jerry.

And I'm pretty sure he'll prosper in a more relaxed atmosphere and with a manager who actually supports him.

As far as Pedro, we don't need him at this point. And he would have done terribly for us with this #%*##! lineup/offense we trot out there every night. Drowould have had to pitch PERFECT baseball to even have a chance. And if the great Johan is pitching damn near perfect and still can't get dubs, then I doubtPedro would have been able to do it.
tired.gif

I wish Pedro the very best though.

[]

I was chatting with my boys today (one a Met fan and the other a Yankee fan) and they both said Reyes needs to go. I disagreed... But their arguments were VERYconvincing. What do you guys think? Should we get rid of Jose Reyes??

It's not a terrible trade, but it just makes us more inconsistent. I really think we could have gotten Francouer for less.
You could have gotten Jeff F for less than Church for sure. At least try and turn Church for some kind, any kind of prospect. Francoeur has someof the worst plate discipline I've ever seen. And he got figured out by SP's so fast. He's staying in the same division so what's thedifference? If he had went to the AL I'd be a little more optimistic but I just don't see it. I think the Mets got robbed in this trade.

Back
Top Bottom