[[ NEW YORK METS 2009 OFFSEASON POST: Beltran ahead of schedule ]]

so when does Minaya actually start taking some heat for this situation? I know there are a lot of injuries but he assembled this team. He is the one that gaveDelgado a new contract knowing he is old. I want to see him out of here soon.

1. Mez, you Rican or eye-talian?
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
All jokes. None of my PR or Italian peeps should take offense.
Nice pics though.

2. Minaya has been SKATING since forever. Dude rarely has taken any heat since he's been here. I'm not gonna front like he hasn't done some goodthings for the club. But some of his moves (yes, that Delgado option being picked up for instance) have been questionable. Going into the season knowing DAMNWELL we needed another bat is my biggest gripe.
Either way, I'm not gonna put him on full blast b/c no moves being made is really the Wilpons' doing. Cheap bastards.

3. Even with all the doom and gloom, I still don't think we should make any moves. Not now at least. I said earlier in this thread how our farm system isTERRIBLE. And trading away prospects (the very few that we have) for some half-#%* player will be an #%* backwards move I think.

nah you cant make any trades it wont help.

i get on Omar if need be but the injuries and all the mental mistakes
cant ALL fall on the GM. Omar wanted to add a bat but the Wilpons
didnt want to spend any extra $$$ (they have a "budget)

they need power from both outfield positions, 1st base, another starter or 2, and
another bullpen arm......you cant get all that right now.

..and I'm Peruvian SHUGES
laugh.gif

i heard the Mets scored their runs because of an error...again? This is going
to be a struggle for a while....Jerry must not even know what to do right now
(i know i wouldn't).

i also hear this game is on ESPN again? That's brutal.

So do we just hope that somehow the Mets can stay at (or near) ,500 during these next 2 weeks?

I mean, even if they can win one game this series, and one game vs Philly...........I can't complain (its frustrating though)

Like I've been saying, if we can stay at .500 by the break and get Jose and Tron back after the break, we will be fine
pimp.gif

Problem is, I think Jose's and Tron;s injury are worse than people think.....Tron may need surgery too.

So much for the tools calling him soft.

I wish David could have a day off but the team can't afford to right now.

In the Bergen Record, Bob Klapisch writes, "Faster and faster the Mets keep swirling downward, heading toward oblivion."

Following last night's loss to the Brewers, Jerry Manuel said:

"If we're below .500, we're a below-average team. We're trying to do everything we can to stay around there until we can get some people backor get healthy, but right now we're a below-average team… I'm trying to get this group to the All-Star break and then re-access and see where weare."

…it does feel like things are about to spiral out of control, especially with a weekend series in Philadelphia looming on the horizon…

…the thing is, nobody knows when the supposed cavalry will return… and, when they do return, who knows how they'll perform…

"We have to come out with the same intensity no matter what the situation is, because no one is going to feel sorry for us," said Gary Sheffield,according to Adam Rubin in a report for the Daily News.

The thing is, in the Star-Ledger, Brian Costa writes:

"The Mets' clubhouse is becoming more funereal by the day. It was hard to find an optimistic voice Monday night."

…this is the big concern… has the clock hit midnight for this team… last week, the depleted Mets took of three of four from the Cardinals in St. Louis, whichis no easy task… so, it's possible for these Mets to get good results… the thing is, how long can they keep getting them… last night, Fernando Nievereturned to earth… who's next, Gary Sheffield, Nick Evans… i mean, the team's leadoff hitter, Argenis Reyes, entered last night's game batting.143… eventually, i fear the .143s, the nieves, the sheffields, etc., are going to catch up with this team, leaving a wide gap filled with losses between todayand when the supposed cavalry returns, and that gap may finally be upon us…

In a report for the Globe and Mail in Toronto, Jeff Blair reports the Blue Jays will essentially give away Alex Rios or Vernon Wells, so long as it saves themmoney to help re-sign Roy Halladay, who is a free agent at the end of next season.

The 28-year-old Rios is batting .263 with 30 extra base hits, 13 stolen bases and a .321 OBP in 76 games for Toronto.

He ended the last two seasons hitting roughly .290, with around 15 stolen bases, 15 HR, 80 RBI and 40 doubles.

Rios will earn roughly $60 million through 2014, after which he is eligible to be a free agent for the first time in his five-year career.

…rios is interesting… he is reminiscent of a young Carlos Beltran… rios has played both center field and right field… essentially, i bet the Mets could sendvery little to toronto to get him, but would have to take on every dime of his deal… meaning, it'd be like signing rios to a five-year, $60 million deal,plus giving up some talent to get him, which seems steep… intriguing, though… the biggest concern, however, is, how will be handle new york, having played hisentire career in the quiet confines of canada…

I LOVE Rios ... DO IT OMAR!
pimp.gif

Anyone besides Vernon Wells.

They'd probably have a high asking price, we have nobody to offer except our Major League ready guys.

Luis Castillo, Argenis Reyes and Fernando Nieve for Rios.

Do it Mitch!!!!

No, but really, I honestly don't care anymore about this year. Just get everybody back healthy and either make a late push or look forward to next season.I can't even get that mad at Jerry, he has nobody. What I do want Omar to do though, is try and get a pitcher this year.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Don't buy, it isn't worth, I'm content with waiting till next year

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Just get everybody back healthy and either make a late push or look forward to next season. I can't even get that mad at Jerry, he has nobody.

Woah @ David reacting to that hop.
eek.gif

These losses are starting to get to these guys, the conditions of this field are a MESS.

When things go bad.....they go bad.

Back
Top Bottom