[[ NEW YORK METS 2009 OFFSEASON POST: Beltran ahead of schedule ]]

The amount of product-pitching he does is absurd,
laugh.gif

Lowe's Broadcast Booth...let's build something together
The Yankees Radio Network, Driven by Jeep
It's 15 minutes before first pitch, and a fifteen-minute call can save you...
____ was the 15th out, and a fifteen-minute call can save you...
The Yankees are back in business, (i forget how it goes but it's a product pitch for Time Warner Cable Business Solutions)

He referred to minor-leaguer Ivan Nova as "Ivan SUPER Nova"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

I do credit Sterling for being fair (yes he does at times lol), like when an opposing player makes a tremendous catch or hits a game-changing HR, he willacknowledge it...them White Sox announcers just say nothing and treat it as if it never happened.

laugh.gif
Cocaine further elevated Hernandez's game
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Wow
laugh.gif
I forwarded this to one of my friends who loves Keith

Motley Crue- Livewire in the beginning was perfect
laugh.gif

Btw I'm one of those freaks that carries a Keith Hernandez baseball card in their wallet
laugh.gif
smh.gif

laugh.gif
The power of the mustache, Magnum PI, Mattingly bagged more babes with the stache
laugh.gif
I can't believe I'm watching a 20 minute video on KeithHernandez's mustache and coke habit
laugh.gif

The cut scene with that "video"
laugh.gif
wow
laugh.gif
and the Mets logo covering
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Sterling/Waldman are FAR from homers, they always gives to people props whenever its necessary. So you're also reaching.
roll.gif

A-Rod hits a homerun: "Going, going, GONE !!! ITS AN A-BOMB FROM A-ROD !!! OMGZ

Opposing player hits homerun: Long shot to right field and it is gone...
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

roll.gif

ohwell.gif
Isn't that the case with every radio announcer for they're team?

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

roll.gif

ohwell.gif
Howie Rose is actually pretty good with calling homeruns for opposing teams.

I'm not even gonna address this dude anymore, I can already tell you don't listen to many Yankee games on the radio.

Moving on.

ohwell.gif

Absolutely amazing.

Howie is unique though, I loved that brief stint he had on SNY during the Mets 9 game road winning streak in 2006 (when Gary took off).

Nothing beats Vin Scully though, its a damn luxury hearing him call a baseball game.

Not a fan of either SNY or YES announcers, but they're not bad. My favs are John and Joe on Sunday Night Baseball, but if you guys have a chance to watch aMarlins game on fox sports, those guys are legit. I've never heard them have any bitterness towards other teams and they're just fans of the game whoenjoy calling and giving insight on the game. They make the game fun to watch whether its a close game or a blowout. I think they did a couple of the WBCgames.

Idk how Vin Scully stays sane talking to himself for 40 years. His voice is intoxicating. I wish he still did video games like he did with the old MLB 98s.

Originally Posted by cubanref

Not a fan of either SNY or YES announcers, but they're not bad. My favs are John and Joe on Sunday Night Baseball, but if you guys have a chance to watch a Marlins game on fox sports, those guys are legit. I've never heard them have any bitterness towards other teams and they're just fans of the game who enjoy calling and giving insight on the game. They make the game fun to watch whether its a close game or a blowout. I think they did a couple of the WBC games.
Jon and Joe, to me, are idiots when they broadcast.

We should make a thread for Baseball broadcasters.

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

roll.gif

ohwell.gif
Not every announcer acts like a fanboy.

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Sterling/Waldman are FAR from homers, they always gives to people props whenever its necessary. So you're also reaching.
roll.gif

ohwell.gif

Unfortuantly that never happens, at all. Sterling is animated on every call he makes.

Gary Cohen is light years ahead of Michael Kay and Keith and Ron are more enjoyable to listen to than David Cone, Ken Singleton, Paul Oneil, John Flaherty, andAl Leiter put together, and Sterling is just a joke

Originally Posted by Phil Le0tard0

Gary Cohen is light years ahead of Michael Kay and Keith and Ron are more enjoyable to listen to than David Cone, Ken Singleton, Paul Oneil, John Flaherty, and Al Leiter put together, and Sterling is just a joke

Rick Peterson was saying Johan is probably having knee issues again, I hope not.

Where is Oliver Perez?

We should have never fired Peterson. He's lightyears beyond Warthen. I hope they get Santana checked out. I rather be too cautious than see him come downon his knee, blow it out and be done for his career.

It would figure that Johan gets injured in this season. When is enough enough with these damn injuries? I know every team has them, but has any team gotten itworse than us?

Playing the O's for 3. Should get 2.

O's are a good home team, nothing is guaranteed with our current lineup and injured rotation.

Just win 1 from the O's and I'll be happy. Young, hungry team with pitchers we've never seen before plus our depleted lineup, we're in trouble.

As long as Adam Eaton isn't scheduled to pitch against us, i'll be fine. He always has career-best games against us.

And Mez, i'll update you later this week about the Rays game. There's a slight chance I might have to cancel due to a softball tournament going on thatweekend. I'll hit you up later this week.

^ Thanks.

MLB.com's Marty Noble reports that despite the bevy of injuries that have decimated their roster, the Mets probably won't trade for help anytime soon.

At this point and probably until after the All-Star break on July 13-15, the Mets will be disinclined to trade for help. Their sense of the market now is that some eventual sellers will seek more in return now than they will when they are closer to the Trade Deadline. So the Mets will wait and talk and wait. Come later July, they will talk and wait and talk, so long as they believe their own team still has a chance to play into mid-October.
Despite being without their starting shortstop, starting first baseman, number three starter, number four starter, and top setup reliever, the Mets are just four games back in the division and one and a half games back of the wild card.

If you told me at the start of the year Gado, reyes, Putz, Maine, and Ollie would be missing time......I'd probably guess they'd be in 3rd-4th place bynow.

Back
Top Bottom