[[ NEW YORK METS 2009 OFFSEASON POST: Beltran ahead of schedule ]]

That 2-4 SHOULD have been 3-3 at worst, 2 blown leads in Philly because they couldn't manufacture runs late, and the missed fly ball.

This lineup leads the league in BA and OBP, and they strikeout less than any team....they are doing what they can to over-compensate for their lack of power.

The schedule does not get any easier.

wrong thread.
roll.gif

Yankees got blown out last year too, whats your point?

Whens the last time the Yankees even WON a season series vs the Mets? (rhetorical question)

Lol at the yankees out of town scoreboard being "a little nickelodeon" smh the mets commentators are joke's full of hatred lol

I forgot you guys gets your rings from season series lol... what happened the last time we played the mets in a world series? Exactly... or when's the lasttime you guys won a world series? Exactly lol

You come in here posting the score as if nobody saw the game.

What does 2000 have to do with anything? My point was that the Yankees haven't won a season series vs the Mets for a while now. Yankees got embarrassedlast year so who cares? You're probably one of those fans who think the Yankees are OWED something when they haven't won in a while.

Just be happy you got a gift wrapped series win, the game finished hours ago.

Lol at the yankees out of town scoreboard being "a little nickelodeon" smh the mets commentators are joke's full of hatred lol

They joke on anything no matter where the game is (even Citi Field), why do you think its JUST because its the Yankees?

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

You come in here posting the score as if nobody saw the game.

What does 2000 have to do with anything? My point was that the Yankees haven't won a season series vs the Mets for a while now. Yankees got embarrassed last year so who cares? You're probably one of those fans who think the Yankees are OWED something when they haven't won in a while.

Just be happy you got a gift wrapped series win, the game finished hours ago.

They joke on anything no matter where the game is (even Citi Field), why do you think its JUST because its the Yankees?
Because he's an ignorant Yankee fan.

We're not perfect, but at least the majority of us aren't bandwagoners or corporate douches.

Not saying you, or anyone in general but you know what I mean.

Lol why do you guys sound salty... like u said the game ended hours ago... on another note im starting to love the way david wright plays the game he hasopened my eyes this weekend I would see more of him but I refuse to watch those terrible sny broadcasts... keith hernandez, ron darling, and that bald guyreally sucks lol

Who's salty? The game ended hours ago and you're the one posting.

Keith is as good as it gets. The SNY broadcast calls it the way it is and they get on the players if need be.

They showed the game on YES as well, so IDK why you would watch the SNY broadcast if you're NOT a Mets fan.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Yankees got blown out last year too, whats your point?

Whens the last time the Yankees even WON a season series vs the Mets? (rhetorical question)
1) What does last year have to do with this year?
2) The last time we won the series before this year was '07. I know it was a rhetorical question, but still.
3) What does the '00 WS have to do with anything?
4) Why do Yankee fans ALWAYS seem to bring up our 26 WS wins. The majority of us Yankee fans have lived through 4 (96. 98, 99, 00)
5) Why can't there be more humble Yankee fans like myself, HTTB, Briannn, TB3, onezwears, and a couple other of us?

But anyways, let me end my rant.

Mets should get rid of Reyes, sign Ozzie Guillen, and add some pitchers. When your 2nd best pitcher is Livan, there's something wrong.

The Mets are better than a 3 games over .500 team. I honestly think they'll make it, even if its throught the WC.

And last but not least, I wanna say sorry to Met fans that have to deal with some ignorant Yankee fans. We hae to deal wisoe of your ignorant fans, butthere's more of us then there are of you.

Originally Posted by bobby1109

Does Keith really brush his teeth between innings?

Kay said something about it today.
Well, he said that he brushes his teeth since he drinks coffee during the broadcast and that he doesn't want his breathe to smell like coffeefor the resat of the day.

I really have no idea.

Does Keith really brush his teeth between innings?

Kay said something about it today.

The hell?

I know he's always eating something though.
laugh.gif

I love Keith though and his insight, if a team is doing something well he'll point it out, if they are doing something he disagrees with he'll point itout and explain why (whether its the Mets or the opposing team).

This is also why he's the man, best few minutes you'll ever spend.
pimp.gif

I'm Keith Hernandez

Anybody that says the Mets broadcast team is terrible is either:

A- a hater
B- a moron

Gary, Keith and Ron together have great chemistry and fantastic insight. I just wish Keith was as committed as Ronnie. Dude takes off way too much.

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

I refuse to watch those terrible sny broadcasts... keith hernandez, ron darling, and that bald guy really sucks lol
Really?

Gary, Keith, or Ron > Michael Kay

Howie Rose > John Sterling

Michael Kay, John Sterling, and Suzyn Waldman are some of the biggest homers on the face of this planet. Thank God I'm not a Yankees fan because I wouldget sick every time I hear one of them.

Thats what makes Keith....Keith though, his personality is too much.
laugh.gif

Ron is great but he can be too serious at times, so when all 3 are together they balance each other out well.

Check that link Johnny.
laugh.gif

ATFK, the White Sox TV announcers make Sterling look tame, real talk.

I remember the first time I saw a White Sox game on WGN, I felt sick to my stomach.
laugh.gif
Always using "we" when referring to the Sox, calling whoeverthey face "bad guys" and pretty much getting all salty and quiet when the opposing team hits a HR or scores runs.

I'm a little used to them now to the point I'm okay with their telecasts but you still can't say Sterling is the biggest homer on the face of theplanet unless that Yankee hate is creating a bias for you.

I also heard the Rays announcers are terrible homers...supposedly one of their commentators compared Ben Zobrist (or Reid Brignac) to Albert Pujols based onhitting alone. How the hell are you gonna make that comparison?
roll.gif
Then they kept making anti-Yankee rants, saying they always get calls to go their wayand brought up their payroll, etc -_-

Before I go on a tangent, you have to realize this Yankee win still hides the fact that this Yankee team isn't perfect; they have no bullpen. Friday'sgame would've spearheaded the campaign to fire Girardi if Castillo didn't drop the ball. Then the Yankees got exposed by Nieve on Saturday, as theyalways go limp when they face a pitcher they've never seen.

At least Mez recognizes Darling can be too serious at times. Keith is hilarious, though. Always love hearing his comments.

Sterling is funny though because he makes mistakes on a daily basis....you never know what the hell is going on in the game. Thats def not a good thingprofessionally but he sure is an entertainer.
laugh.gif

Meh, this entire weekend I watched the games on the SNY feed just to hear what they had to say.

They're cool in my book, although they were reaching a little with the scoreboard roasting. Then again, I didn't know they do that in ever ball park.

Michael Kay, John Sterling, and Suzyn Waldman are some of the biggest homers on the face of this planet. Thank God I'm not a Yankees fan because I would get sick every time I hear one of them.
Listen to yourself, you sound pathetic
laugh.gif

Sterling/Waldman are FAR from homers, they always gives to people props whenever its necessary. So you're also reaching.

Michael Kay I'll say is definitely a homer but he's not as bad as you're making him out to be. But whatever, believe what you want. I'vewatched many mets games outside of this weekend, Cohen is not exactly an impartial commentator either.

Back
Top Bottom