[[ NEW YORK METS 2009 OFFSEASON POST: Beltran ahead of schedule ]]

Originally Posted by nnarum

To be fair, he hasn't really ever played well in Yankee stadium... He'll come back strong next start.
He's been bad his last 6 starts. Something's wrong with him. Hopefully it's just a dead arm.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Now Jerry wants to come out.
That's because he likes to play favorites. If Church was up there arguing Jerry would have walked down into the clubhouse and turned on theshowers.

Wow.
indifferent.gif

This ump has been terrible.

And I like when Jerry gets upset. But to me, he sometimes smiles a little bit too much when he's confronting an ump.

That was one thing I give Willie. He was all business when he used to argue with the umps.

But the bottom line is that Willie & Jerry still have similar styles (laid-back). Bringing Jerry in after Willie was good for the sake of transition.

But we need a Bobby V or an Ozzie Guillen-type in here next.

This game has been tough to watch though.

Not worried about Santana until I see what happens after his next game.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by nnarum

To be fair, he hasn't really ever played well in Yankee stadium... He'll come back strong next start.
He's been bad his last 6 starts. Something's wrong with him. Hopefully it's just a dead arm.
He'll be fine. If I were a Mets fan, I'd be worried about the offense rather than Johan.

I am being asked by Yankee fans when I am going to leave

This has been brutal yes but the fans have been great

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

I am being asked by Yankee fans when I am going to leave

This has been brutal yes but the fans have been great
They have only been great cuz they are winning.
laugh.gif

I'm surprised ya'll are still watching (Its wayyyyyyyy too nice out). Mets should have had this series win but the Yankees got a gift the first game,time for the next series.

Johan will be fine, he just hasn't had that sharp control the past few outings. Even the game in Philly he was good, he just challenges guys too much attimes (he threw 70+ strikes out of 91 pitches). With his velocity down a bit the past few outings, he needs to waste some more pitches until his fastballvelocity gets straightened out.

My only gripe is that the umps have cost the Mets out of some runs about 3-4 times from what I've seen/heard, once he called Cora out on that OBVIOUS checkswing I knew things wouldn't go well.

Shuges

Actually the were d/cks but it was all good

Going home to enjoy the rest on this day and kb24 ending the NBA season tonight

I was in 233b row 22

LOL, no there were some mets fans that were to but I just don't act lime that unless it is necessary.

If I went nuts saying santana is pitching we got this like some were, then I deserved to verbal beat down.

I was in more awe of the stadium and how nice it is than the actual game.

It was all in good fun though.

They thanked me for watching my team lose badly instead of leaving after the fourth like many mets fans did.

Okay. these are the pictures I used took today. Parking is bad over there and by the time I found a spot and got the stadium, I had like 15 minutes till thegame began (only if I could of had a sense of today). I was unable to get to the park and other sections but the stadium is beautiful and pictures from theoutside do no Justice to what it looks like inside.

Unlike Citi, they have there seats in front and the Concourses in the back. ( So for example at Citi you walk up to your seats in the upper deck where inYankee Stadium, the stairway is not way in front of the action. I used my Iphone with a telescope lens and a zoom program on top of that but the seats weregreat and they were not ants. not at all.

9ktdoo.jpg

The outside of the stadium

33xwq6s.jpg

Hard Rock Cafe

fjqhc0.jpg

Field Level view

2ljqp0n.jpg

Workers watering the mound and grass (telescope used)

fvl84z.jpg

Color guard and yankee dugout

nf1dzk.jpg

Exchanging of the cards.

31364jk.jpg

AROID

1zx4bx5.jpg

Nothing important to us mets fans. lol.

Thanks for the pics.

Man, I gotta get out to some games. Slouching FML.

So all bias aside, which stadium do you like better VC?

22no1e.jpg

The Captain

bfonm.jpg

Damon before he pointed to the Creatures.

f0bt5e.jpg

My seats without the use of the lens.

rkse21.jpg

Fernando playing catch with ball boy.

vwu8gp.jpg

D.Wright

108eh5i.jpg

Nice Job today Johan!!!!!!!

k2nzoj.jpg

Sheff and Razor Shines

2vw5xdk.jpg

Santana and Wright

2uy4ozo.jpg

the captain at bat

2vulh1s.jpg

Light work in the field for AROID.

21et277.jpg

monument Park

2craixj.jpg

Historic yes, but the new stadium is so much better to see a game in.

Lol, I like Yankee Stadium better SHUGES.

I think If I was in the grandstand ( a fair comparison to my seats at Citi) I could see Left field and Right field if I was in those sections down thebaselines.

At Citi, if you are in right, you can not see the right field corner and same for the left and left field.

Yankee Stadium was very nicely done with our tax money.

Anybody hear Gary talk about Manny Acta? I think he wants him to manage this squad or at least be on the bench again.

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

Lol, I like Yankee Stadium better SHUGES.

I think If I was in the grandstand ( a fair comparison to my seats at Citi) I could see Left field and Right field if I was in those sections down the baselines.

At Citi, if you are in right, you can not see the right field corner and same for the left and left field.

Yankee Stadium was very nicely done with our tax money.

Yea but there are bleacher seats in left and right that are partially obstructed views to the other end of the OF. Be glad you don't sit in those sections
laugh.gif

When you are able to get to one at CITI Proshares (Maybe when the tickets can be gotten for the Mets series the thursday night before they play WINK WINK)

Walk around the stadium and just look.

You can somewhat expect that from some of those bleacher seats, but I sat in $210 seats for about $45 when the Red Soxs played the mets in the beginning ofApril.

I was on the first base side field level and could not see the Right field corner at all. That is because of how they setup the stadium.

I have Seats in 524 on the third base side in row 14. If you sat in Rows 1-5 and was on the aisle, you have minor obstructions in every section on those sides(the fencing they put up, people walking up the steps, the glass protector for the steps)

It is the same for the right field seats that my Dad's friend has in 505. It is actually better upstairs to sit row 8 and on to get the whole view of thefield (that you can) and if you want the lower rows, it is better to get in the row than the aisle.

Yea I'll probably do the same thing the first time I went to Yankee Stadium and get there an hour early and walk around and take in the sights. I'llremember not to get 524 and 505 though. I'll probably get some tickets for either end of June or beginning of July before I leave.

Back
Top Bottom