[[ NEW YORK METS 2009 OFFSEASON POST: Beltran ahead of schedule ]]

Waiting is great if it means we'll get a good player for cheap, but the longer we wait the more games we'll lose. No way we keep fighting with thisdecimated team.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

If you told me at the start of the year Gado, reyes, Putz, Maine, and Ollie would be missing time......I'd probably guess they'd be in 3rd-4th place by now.

Not to be a pessimist, but that very well could be the case in 3 days.

Florida plays the Sawx and Atlanta plays Cincy. Who knows?

Nah you're def right Shuges, but as tough as this stretch is, the Phils have the same tough schedule....so hopefully their pitching gets roughed up and theMets can find a way to stick around.

Its just crazy that the Mets are 28th in homeruns right now, I find it dumb how people can say "oh david has NO power".

Wright's OPS is .988 and Beltran's is .995.

People mistake HRs for power a lot of times. Beltran and Wright each have SLG% over .530 (with Beltran's approaching .560).... that is a ton of power. Theyare playing to the park with all of those extra base hits, and they have a great home record to show for it.

The problem the Mets have is NO ONE ELSE on the team has shown ANY ability to get an extra base hit. Delgado is still 3rd on the team in the category with 12.:eel
sick.gif

That is why Church is getting an opportunity right now. He was hitting .500 and was benched in favor of a struggling Sheff, and he hasn't looked asconsistent. Church needs to rack up those XBH because that is what he is known for, he is a very important player right now.

If Wright hits .360 with 75 xbh, 115 RBIs and only 15 HRs he'll probably win the MVP IF we make the playoffs...

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

As long as Adam Eaton isn't scheduled to pitch against us, i'll be fine. He always has career-best games against us.

And Mez, i'll update you later this week about the Rays game. There's a slight chance I might have to cancel due to a softball tournament going on that weekend. I'll hit you up later this week.
I thought Baltimore already released him.

Haha, Keith and Gary are right. I definitely noticed that Dave gets in Pelf's grill more than anyone else.

Like a brotherly thing.

Leadership baby.
pimp.gif

Wow, that dugout convo between Dave and Pelf looks intense.

Though we all know it's nothing more than Dave motivating Mike.

I'm loving this right now though.....

I'm liking this team more and more for their grit and toughness... it seemed with gado in the lineup like the team was too soft and easygoing

And another day in the life of youngin33 is taken away with a near heart attack tonight.

Big Pelf looking nice and D-Wright starting to take charge.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

This team is better without Delgaldo in the clubhouse. Yeah they need his production, but his attitude sucks imo.
I meant to comment on that when Steez typed it earlier.

But yeah, I fully agree. I almost was gonna suggest that maybe Reyes might be the "cancer". But as far as I can tell, Jose has been traveling withthe team and is still in the clubhouse. So it can't be him.

Delgado on the other hand, I haven't seen in a hot minute on-camera or anything.

P.S. Why is our thread always on like page 3?
laugh.gif

Not enough bandwagoners I suppose
laugh.gif

Btw yeah I voted No on Jerry doing a good job in the Toyota text poll. Nice job staying patient Alex.

Well that certainly was a typical Mets game.

Go down early, come back to tie, lose late.

Regardless, it's still good to see them constantly battling.

I can't complain about yesterday, feliciano has given up 1 earned run since early May.

My only gripe (even though its not his fault) is Tatis, the guy is finished and has hit nothing but double plays for a while.

Just shows ya we need one more bat.

Ok, here is the 2nd phase of a Mets game: The Comeback

(First phase is to go down early).

Let's see if we get phase 3: The Heartbreaking Loss

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom