[[ NEW YORK METS 2009 OFFSEASON POST: Beltran ahead of schedule ]]

Originally Posted by Phil Le0tard0

franky?!
smh.gif

The Mets are the definition of choke. This team is no different than the last 2 seasons. Enough said. Goodbye.

Meh I'm not upset with this loss. Blown saves happen. I'm a little upset with David not delivering when they walked Beltran to put runners on thecorners 2 outs.

I know a loss like this sucks, this is technically K-Rod's first blown save and we're at the end of June. Huff was the man the whole series.

This team is playing hard and executing despite the injuries and lack of power, they just haven't been able to tack on insurance runs as of late (ie Phillyseries, this series). They should have won the past 3 series vs Philly, Yanks, and O's but these kinds of things happen.

It would've been nice to go back home 2 games back with the tough tough schedule ahead, but they are still hanging in there and that's all you can askfor at this point.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Meh I'm not upset with this loss. Blown saves happen.
Yeah, I agree.

As for Dave, he's now 0-9 in the last 2 games. Him cooling off was bound to happen. But I hope it's not the start of a big slump.

Cuz without him being productive, we are DEAD.

See the thing with David Shuges, he goes on stretches of like 3 games were he'll bat 1-12 with like 9 strikeouts and then he'll go on a huge tear forthe next 5 games to keep his average up. He needs to be more consistent. It's a shame he's on pace to strikeout 150 times.

Striking out 150 times would be nuts for a guy not hitting for home runs this year, he has not recognized the breaking pitch all season long (he gives up onthem).

David and Beltran CANNOT slump at all this year the way things are right now, pretty nuts how TRON has been a rock for the whole season so far.

Lets win 2 of 3 at home.
pimp.gif

It seems Fernando Nieve is a godsend for us this year. We needed that. Nieve's got great fastball. His pitching staffs really confuse me. I wonder how manypitches does he have?

Now, c'mon Santana.. Let's get the job done tomorrow. What's going on with David Wright? He isn't a kind of guy who gets a lot of strikeouts ina game.

I gotta imagine both managers go to the pen if that's the case. Hopefully ours can be strong for 2 outs and we attack that weak Rays pen.

Hey Jerry, here's an idea, instead of pitching Bobby everyday for a month how about we give him a couple of days off to clear his head and give his armsome rest. Jesus Christ would it hurt to use Stokes?

Back
Top Bottom