[[ NEW YORK METS 2009 OFFSEASON POST: Beltran ahead of schedule ]]

Fully agree with that GIF right there.

Should be an interesting time for the Mets. Wonder who is coming up?

Just went to Mets Blog and here is what has been said:

Carlos Beltran, who had an MRI today, will not be in tonight's starting lineup.

The Mets optioned Ken Takahashi back to Triple-A Buffalo.

There is no word yet on who will replace Takahashi on the roster, nor is there news of Beltran's MRI.

Also, it is crazy windy at Citi Field today.

Update, 4:20 pm:

Alex Cora will bat leadoff
tonight, followed in order by Daniel Murphy, David Wright, Fernando Tatis in left field, Ryan Church, Omir Santos, Jeremy Reed in center, Luis Castillo and thepitcher.

Jerry Manuel is expected in the media room soon to address reporters.

The buzz around Citi Field, thanks mostly to Adam Rubin of the Daily News, is that Beltran will be put on the DL, while Fernado Martinez will be promoted fromTriple-A, along with LHP Pat Misch.

Update, 4:30 pm:

WFAN's Ed Coleman says on Twitter that Elmmer Dessens and Misch will be promoted from Triple-A, not the young Martinez.

To follow Coleman on Twitter, go to Twitter.com/WFANMets.

So, at this point, given the TWO call ups, and the one known demotion, I think it's pretty clear Beltran is going to the disabled list.

Update, 4:42 pm:

Omar Minaya said Beltran will be put on disabled list with a bone bruise on his right knee.

The Mets will recall Fernando Martinez, Elmmer Dessens and Misch, while Takahashi has been optioned to Triple A and Wilson Valdez has been designated forassignment.

Minaya would only say the bruise on Beltran's knee is getting bigger, because it is bone on bone, though he is confident he can return in two weeks.

Update, 4:52 pm:

Jerry Manuel said Reed and Fernando Martinez will get time in center field.

Update, 4:57 pm:

Brian Stokes will likely be used as tonight's the eighth-inning guy, as he looks to get Bobby Parnell and Sean Green some rest, Manuel said.

Additionally, Manuel said Fernando Tatis could get time at shortstop and second base.

indifferent.gif

I said I expected to see Fernando back soon due to injuries. But I didn't mean this soon.

The walking wounded.

This is crazy.....

Good win.

Watching Albert fail against us in key situations always brings a smile to my face.
smile.gif

Stokes getting The Machine to ground out to end the 8th inning was YUUUGE.

Francesa will probably talk about "healing the core" tomorrow,
roll.gif

Lulzzzzz, Beltran on the DL? Literally the last thing that could go wrong with our lineup is Wright to the DL. Knocks on wood.

Nice W tonight btw, Redding taking it to the 8th was big.

Hey guess what Jerry, you gave Stokes a chance in a big spot and he gets a huge double play. I hope this means Stokes is out of the doghouse. Dude has balls.

That, this dude painted black and knees all game long, 22 ground ball outs.
eek.gif
smh

Pujols is 5 for 5 in bases loaded situations this year, with 3 grand slams.
sick.gif

At least the pen got rest and Livan continued his real good pitching, and with the series tied and Santana still coming up, a split would be a good thing rightnow.

Yeah, he was just masterful against us last night.

Just gotta tip your hat and move on.

Didn't quite understand Jerry with the H&R with Castillo on 1st and Livan at the plate with I think no outs though.

Was that a hit and run? I was guessing Castillo was just going for the straight steal so Livan could bunt him over to 3rd (was following on my phone).

At this point I can't complain about being aggressive, this lineup is good to win 2....3 games max a week right now.

Tatis needs to get out of the clean up spot, too many GIDP. He is hurting this team more than helping.

I think Jerry said something about it being a bunt with the option to swing.
laugh.gif

Something like that. I was only half-listening to the post game show at that point.

Add another to list quite possibly
tired.gif

From METSBLOG

Update, 3:35 pm:

In a post to Twitter, Bart Hubbuch of the New York Post saysGary Sheffield is still having trouble with his knee, and he too could soon be headed to the disabled list.

Word.

This reminds me of when the Yankess got that new trainer and errrrrrrrrbody had the same injury (I think ab strains or something). Dude got fired with theswiftness.
laugh.gif

But I don't think it's the trainer (unless we had got a new one right before this season started).

Whatever the case, if Sheff is out then I don't know what else to say.

Fans should start showing up to games dressed in scrubs and with stethoscopes around their necks.

Yea I doubt it's the trainer, it's really odd though.

And good for Nick Evans hitting that bomb. He really deserves it
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Word.

This reminds me of when the Yankess got that new trainer and errrrrrrrrbody had the same injury (I think ab strains or something). Dude got fired with the swiftness.
laugh.gif
Hamstrings.

Supposedly dude's previous experience was with senior citizens,
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom