[[ NEW YORK METS 2009 OFFSEASON POST: Beltran ahead of schedule ]]

Cedric Ceballos -

If you're anywhere from 509-519, even though they're upper deck, they're still pretty good seats. You can definitely find them cheap, even on eBay.

PS. This game is looking good so far. 5 runs already for Tana.

5-0?... How did that happen?...
laugh.gif

way too hot to sit in section 508.im just chillin by 113 standing, nice breeze.

may consider coming later tonight, i saw $8.00 tix on stubhub.

Great spot Mez.

Find the Lemonade guy to cool off. (Too hot for beer IMO) or the Dibs guy for ice cream.

So I live in atlanta and im headed to NYC next week and I bought some tickets.....

IM AMPED!!! Im going to the day game next wednesday against the cardinals but they are nose bleed seats.... not bad since i got both of the tickets for 24.50flat!

Damn, first inning had potential to be a big one, but Pagan's mistake messed it up. But at least they look much more confident.

Fact or fiction:

The Mets should go after Victor Martinez?

Think about it, he's battign .285 with 15 hrs and I'm not sure how many RBIs.

He's a catcher and can play firstbase. Murph is probably best suited playing 4 days a week. Santos is best suited playing 2-3 times a week. Bringing inVictor Martinez would make our lineup stronger, add pop and relieve some pressure from Murphy and Santos.

If we can get Martinez without giving up Niese, Parnell or Martinez I'd do it in a heartbeat. He's only 30 years old and he's already playingfirstbase.

The Wild Card is not out of the question as we've seen from this series with the Rockies. Add into the fact that Reyes should be coming back in a week ortwo, Beltran could be back by mid August, and Wagner is close to coming back.

Adding Victor Martinez would lighten the offensive load until Reyes and Beltran come back, and once they're back we can make a legit push for the WildCard.

I wouldn't be against parting with Holt, Meija and maybe somebody else.

You're not getting Martinez without giving up at LEAST one of the Neise/Parnell/Martinez trio. Holt/Meija and any combination of Flores or Marte or Havenswon't get you Victor. You guys do need a catcher though because there's no one in your farm system anywhere near ready.

I think he'd be worth 1 with another prospect.

Now that I think about it, you could be right...even though I'm on the fence about that one.

i'm glad the Mets didn't trade away their prospects... I thought this 5 game winning streak would trick them into believing that they had a shot at theplayoffs.

I wanted a move to be done not just to help them now but after this season, and a lot of these teams gave up nothing for quality guys.

Mets could have made a better offer for Cliff Lee, Phillies gave away nobody.

Marlins and Braves improved.

Omar is busy crying over Bernazard.

Reyes had a set back while running the bases today

Manuel let the reporters know during his pre game talk to reporters

no word now on if he will play another game this year now

Mets GM Omar Minaya talked to reporters today from Citi Field, to answer questions about today's non-waiver trade deadline.
According to Minaya, he and his staff were working on potential trades up until 4 pm, but, as he said, 'We were just not able to get it done… We had some opportunities to do some things, but, in the end, I felt that what teams were asking for we couldn't find a match."

Minaya said one issue he had was knowing certain players would soon return from the disabled list, saying, "What are you gonna get for that player, and then what happens when the player comes back."

Minaya was asked specifically about players who were traded, like Victor Martinez, who would likely have interested the Mets, to which he said:
"The cost would have probably been too high… You have to take in to account where you are in the standings, and you have to take in to account the prospects you have… One thing that has been good about this process has been that I got a good feel for a lot of the teams and how much they like our prospects. But, some of those prospects that some teams wanted were too high to give them, and we have some pretty good young prospects… Unless it is someone we were going to hold on to beyond one year, we're gonna hold on to as many prospects as we can."

Minaya said he needed to balance out being six games back of the Wild Card, and protecting his farm system, while considering no one player would make up for the number of players he has on the DL.

"There are things that I left on the table that we'll be able to revisit later," Minaya said, speaking of players who could be had through the waiver wire in August.

Mets SS Jose Reyes had a set-back this afternoon, Jerry Manuel told reporters prior to today's game in Citi Field.

Reyes was unable to run hard around the bases, he explained, and there is no timetable for when he will do so.

Omar Minaya later said Reyes has two good days, then one bad day, and, 'hopefully he
images
will start running the bases again this weekend.' Reyes told Minaya he looks forward to getting back on the field tomorrow.

Minaya described a bad day for Reyes as being when he feels tightness in his leg.

Minaya also said Billy Wagner will pitch in a minor-league rehab game tonight for Florida State.

Minaya said John Maine is in St. Lucie, but still feels discomfort in his shoulder, and will continue to rest for a few days.

Carlos Beltran told Minaya he is feeling better, but they need to get him on the field and in to a rehab game before setting a definitive timetable for his return.

My man Murph...
pimp.gif

He needed that.

Enjoy the game Mez.

And ATFK, I think we can make the playoffs.

Reyes... wow.

][
edit:
After the sweet double play by Murph, how do you allow a wild pitch to score the go-ahead run?
mad.gif

From where I sat it looked like Santos could've blocked that pitch.

These games will be very low scoring, the problem isn't pitching for the D-backs its their offense.

Fun time today though.

Back
Top Bottom