[[ NEW YORK METS 2009 OFFSEASON POST: Beltran ahead of schedule ]]

The Mets begin a two-game series with the Cardinals tomorrow night in Citi Field, with Johan Santana (12-8, 2.96 ERA) facing Joel Pineiro (9-9, 2.84 ERA).
Santana is tied with four others for the NL lead in wins.

He is 3-0 with a 0.43 ERA in his last three starts in Citi Field.

Pineiro is 3-0 with a 2.91 ERA in five starts against the Mets.

Update, 3:28 pm:

Carlos Delgado is doing light running, according to David Lennon of Newsday.

Update, 4:15 pm:

Angel Pagan will bat leadoff tonight, followed in order by Luis Castillo, David Wright, Gary Sheffield in left, Daniel Murphy at first base, Jeff Francoeur, Alex Cora at short and Omir Santos behind the plate.

Update, 4:50 pm:

Jerry Manuel told reporters that Nelson Figueroa will be available as a relief pitcher for tonight's game.

Manuel said the team adjusted its curve-ball machine to throw sinkers, since a) they've struggled against sinker-ball pitchers, and b) tonight's starter, Joel Pineiro, is a sinker-ball pitcher.

Lastly, he said the team is not focused on the Wild Card, the pennant race, etc., they're just focused on trying to play good baseball.

"The whole thing is good pitching, and we have gotten any of late," he explained. "We have to get back to getting those guys on track, to run off five, six, seven games in a row. But, they have to pitch better for that to happen."

pimp.gif

tired.gif

I'm with you on that JRS.

Going down the dugout steps?!?!?!?!

Come on baseball gods. Give us a break.

Karma should be good for us next year: nice mid to early first round draft pick, everybody healthy, and prospects actually doing something.

I hope the Machine aiin't hurt.

But wow, Mets already feeling the effects of losing Castillo, tough hop but you have to make that play to end a ball game.

K-Rod was hit HARD that whole inning, Cards got some damn hitters that's for sure.

Anyone have ANY confidence this lineup can score some runs in extras before the Cards do?

I don't.

I'm contemplating turning on the PS3 and playing Game 7 of my NLCS against the Cardinals. Trying to come back from 3-0. Clayton Kershaw on the mound
pimp.gif

Well, I gave Murph a chance. I'll be playing The Show. I'll put the radio on, though, I hate The Show's announcers.

ohhh.......................BUST IT WIDE OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HEEEEEEEESSSSSS BAAAAAAAACCCCKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom