[[ NEW YORK METS 2009 OFFSEASON POST: Beltran ahead of schedule ]]

Murph isn't getting fooled by those pitches inside anymore, he is pulling them and driving them.

His average may not reflect it but he's been solid, his avg with risp has been consistently good.

Murph is the type of player that if the Mets give up on, he'll end up blossoming with another organization.

I still think he has a sweet stroke. But they just need to leave the kid alone and let him hit.

My dude Upton.
pimp.gif

C'mon Ollie, careful
sick.gif

thanks for the help with the seats guys, im going to go to the monday and wednesday game. if anyone else is going to any of those games pm me.

anything worth doing after the games thats close by the area as well? bars are whatever etc

Been out all day. Just came in and saw the pics so I'm assuming we won.
laugh.gif

*hums Ice Cube's "Today Was A Good Day"*

I like Murph at 1st, he gets better with each passing day and looks comfortable now (for the most part).

But I don't know if he'll have a future here if he doesn't hit for power at that position, unless the Mets get a power bat for LF and maybe Murphcan learn to play 2B again like he did in the minors (once Castillo is done here or if he gets hurt). I think he is eventually good for about 15 HR a seasonand hit for a high average.

Rain should be coming through now it'll take a few hours to pass but they should get the game in today.

Reynolds is out of the lineup so the only offensive threat is my dude Upton. Both of them hit 2nd deck shots to left field (Reynolds hit his 15 rows deep)
eek.gif
sick.gif

I think we need to find a way for Muyph to start next year. Dude's swing is nice and I think he is putting it all together finally. But we need to fixthose walls and get a power bat in the offseason.

I disagree with moving Murph again.

Personally, I think having to learn LF... and then working on his bunting.... and then learning first.... is what messed him up this year. He was processingway too much info in such a short time.

I could be totally wrong... But that's what I think happened.

Tonight's Lineup:

Angel Pagan CF
Luis Castillo 2B
David Wright 3B
Gary Sheffield LF
Daniel Murphy 1B
Jeff Francoeur RF
Alex Cora SS
Omir Santos C
Nelson Figueroa RHP

eek.gif
@ Franc hitting another HR yesterday, he is having more of an impact than David (the singles hitter) right now........Church is hitting .189 with 4RBI's and 1 HR since joining the braves and isn't even starting everyday.

Billy Wagner pitched a perfect inning
images
during his minor-league rehab appearance for the GCL Mets this afternoon.

…as i wrote this morning, the way i understand it, wagner will keep up this pace, then eventually move to pitching back-to-back days… he'll do that for a bit, after which talk of him joining the Mets will begin… i'm still thinking mid-month

Update, 1:25 pm:

In a report for SI.com, Jon Heyman lists 15 players likely to clear waivers, such as Adam Dunn and Bronson Arroyo; nine players who could clear, like Alex Rios and Gil Meche; and 13 players who are unlikely to clear, like Adrian Gonzalez.

Heyman also recaps the Winners and Losers from this past week's Trade Deadline, while discussing other items from around MLB.

Billy Wagner pitched a perfect inning
3784040909_704537f661_m.jpg
Friday for Single-A St. Lucie, where he will throw again tonight.

the way i understand it, wagner will keep up this pace, then eventually move to pitching back-to-back days… he'll do that for a bit, after which talk of him joining the Mets will begin… i'm still thinking mid-month

Yesterday, J.J. Putz tossed 25 pitches in a bullpen session in Citi Field, where he will throw again Wednesday.

He told reporters he hopes to be back in three weeks, though he'll know more following his session on Wednesday.

i suspect putz will have the same schedule as wagner, basically… so, wherever billy is, j.j. will be a week or so behind

Carlos Beltran took live batting practice on the field Saturday, and hit from both sides of the plate in a 20-minute session.

from what i can gather, Jose Reyes will do light running today in St. Lucie, but he is taking it slow… as is John Maine, who is still idle, resting, and waiting out discomfort in his shoulder

well, at least I got to see reynolds hit another home run before I turned it off. Is Tim Redding nesting endangered birds in that goatee of his?

laugh.gif

Nice comeback so far.

Nelson deserves better, he should've been 5th starter a while ago.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

I like Murph at 1st, he gets better with each passing day and looks comfortable now (for the most part).

But I don't know if he'll have a future here if he doesn't hit for power at that position, unless the Mets get a power bat for LF and maybe Murph can learn to play 2B again like he did in the minors (once Castillo is done here or if he gets hurt). I think he is eventually good for about 15 HR a season and hit for a high average.

Rain should be coming through now it'll take a few hours to pass but they should get the game in today.

Reynolds is out of the lineup so the only offensive threat is my dude Upton. Both of them hit 2nd deck shots to left field (Reynolds hit his 15 rows deep)
eek.gif
sick.gif
I hate this whole first base has to field a power hitter nonsense. If the kid could hit .320 and drive in at least 80 RBIs I could care less if hehits more than 15-25 hrs. Word to John Olerud.

Every time they show a pic of this park's outfield I get angry at the ******ed +#$ dimensions. Who makes a park that big???? AND WITH BIG +#$ WALLS????SMFH

the park is perfect IMO, very fair and has more character
than I thought it would.

as for Murph, 1st base is usually a power hitter since its
not as demanding defensively as other positions. but like
i said, if you can get some power bats elsewhere leave
Murph there.

maybe make an offer for Crawford in the off-season, who could
use bullpen help (perhaps take on Putz 6M option and package
jim with 2 minor leaguers).

I'd be ecstatic if we got Carl Crawford. Every year I either trade for or sign him in MLB the Show. I think you have to pick up Putz's option,especially if he comes back and throws well. He could be a valuable trade asset.

He would be an asset, but would he WANT to stay here and not be the closer again?

You only pick up his option to trade him, otherwise let him walk.

goin to the game tonight, good lord im get lagged the hell out from the long la to new york flight plus hour and a half A train ride at 2am last night. ican't wait to checkout citi field.

anyone going to the game?

Back
Top Bottom